The Beach House - Chapter 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
Disclaimer: The following story contains implied violence and mature subject matter. View discretion is advised. (yeah, I’ve been watching too much TV.) The following is just a figment of my over-active imagination. I do not know the members of U2.

The Beach House – Chapter 4

The next day Abby wanted to go shopping, but realized that she didn’t have a clue where to go and she didn’t have any way to get there. She decided to call Bono to get Morleigh’s number. She had told Abby to call when she wanted to go shopping.

Bono heard the phone ringing and ran to answer it. He tripped over his own feet on the way and swore loudly. Abby could see this through the window and she just started giggling. By the time Bono had answered the phone she was laughing so hard she was hiccupping.

“What!” He said into the phone.

Abby couldn’t answer, she was laughing so hard.

“Abby?” He asked. He had recognized her laugh.

“Abby, stop laughing and tell me what you want.” He said a little tersely.

Unfortunately, she couldn’t stop laughing. Bono just hung up the phone and went over. By the time he got there she had gone from laughing to crying.

Bono hurried into the house. He wanted to put his arms around her but he knew she didn’t like that.

“What’s wrong Abby?” He said a little worried. It wasn’t every day he came across a woman who went from laughing to crying in three seconds or less.

“I don’t know. I just all of a sudden started crying and I can’t seem to stop.” She said in between sobs.

He went into the kitchen and put the kettle on. He remembered that every time Morleigh or Anne had done this, Edge or Larry used to make tea. In a few minutes, the kettle boiled and he brought her a cup.

“Thanks. I don’t know why I did that.” She said. “I know the book said to expect mood swings, but that was a bit extreme.”

“Don’t worry about it, I remember this happening to Anne and Morleigh.” Bono said. “Why did you phone me laughing your head off anyway?”

“Oh, I was going to ask you for Morleigh’s phone number. I need to find out where she got her maternity clothes.” She said.

“They aren’t home. They took the kids and went to Eze for a few weeks.” Bono said. “Does that mean you’ve started showing?”

“Um, no. I need to get some tops.” She said turning a little red.

“Why?” He asked. It wasn’t that he was trying to embarrass her, he just was curious.

“Well, if you must know, I seem to be….well….busting out all over” She said, turning redder. “None of my shirts fit me anymore.”

“Oh.” He said. “I can take you if you want. My afternoon seems to be free today.”

“You want to go shopping for maternity clothes with me?” She asked.

“Why not, could be fun.” He said.

“I don’t even know where to go.” She said.

“That’s easy enough to fix. I can look up stores in the Internet. There must be at least one in all of Dublin.” He said.

He went over to her computer and booted it up. It asked for a password.

“Abby, what’s your password?” He asked.

He didn’t know why, but she all of a sudden went a deep shade of red. Her password was –bonohasasexybutt- .

“I’ll type it in.” she said hurrying over to the computer.

She typed it in a quick as she could. He didn’t seem to notice what she was typing.

He opened the Internet and found what he was looking for. He wrote down the address and directions and then shut down the computer.

-----------------------------------------

“Bono, I’m not wearing that!” Abby said.

“I think it would look very pretty on you.” He told her, holding up a red dress made out of some floaty material. It was short sleeved and came down to just above the knee.

Abby had been eyeing the dress that Bono was holding. It was the most beautiful thing she had seen, but she knew that she didn’t look right in stuff like that. At least that’s what she’d always been told anyway.

They had been looking for clothes for about a half hour or so. So far she had four shirts and three pairs of jeans. She figured she may as well get some jeans seeing as she would need them sooner or later.

“Just try it on.” Bono said. “Please. For me. I promise I won’t make you try anything else on.”

Abby just rolled her eyes at him.

“Things like that never look right on me. I’m not pretty enough for it or something.” She said muttering to herself.

Bono went and took Abby's face in his hand.

“Who told you that?” He asked.

“Pretty much everyone.” She said softly.

She looking into his eyes and saw the disbelief in them.

He looked into her eyes and saw the self-hate and a little bit of fear. He wanted very much to just put his arms around her and hug her. He didn’t know very much about her, except what she told him. Morleigh had told him about what she said to her when they went back to Abby’s house. He wanted to find out more about her, but he didn’t want to make her uncomfortable. He was getting the idea that her life had not been very good before she had come here.

He had finally convinced her to get the dress and decided that they could do with something to eat. He took her to a local café. He went to get them their food. He brought back some coffee for himself and milk for her. She took his coffee and just breathed it in.

“God, I miss this stuff.” She said in a wistful sigh. Bono just laughed.

“Do you miss living in Toronto?” He asked her. He wanted to find out a little bit about her.

“No. I’m actually really glad that I could leave it. I really like it here. The people are nice and rumour has it that there is a half-decent rock band living here.” She gave bono a big grin.

“I’ve heard that same rumour. I’ve heard that the lead singer can be a prat though.” Bono said laughing.

“I’m sure he has his moments. For an old guy though, he’s pretty cute.” She said smiling.

Bono had just taken a sip of coffee when she said that and choked on it. Abby just laughed at him.

“Just for that, I’m not going to take you out to dinner tonight.” He said.

“You’re going to take me out for dinner?” she asked.

“Yes, I am. I’d better get you back home so you can have a nap before we go out. I wouldn’t want to wear you out.” He said.

When she woke up from her nap, she wasn’t feeling that great. She phoned Bono to tell him she didn’t feel like going out.

“Are you ok?” He asked, sounding worried.

“I’m fine. I’m just a little dizzy and really tired. Do you mind if we go out another night?” She asked. She expected him to say that they were going out anyway.

“Not at all. Just go lay down and don’t worry about it. Your health is more important than my stomach.” He said with a little chuckle.

She got ready for bed and went to make sure the windows and doors were locked. She lay down and finally went to sleep.

Abby was in her mother’s house in Toronto. It was night time and she was in her old room. The door opened and her step-father Jeremy walked in. He shut the door behind him and put the room into blackness. She heard his footsteps as he approached her bed. She knew what he wanted. She knew what was going to happen. There was nothing she could do to stop it.

All of a sudden he was on top of her and all she could smell was stale smoke and whiskey. She tried to fight him off. She tried to scream. She knew both were useless.

She woke up with a scream. She could see nothing but the blackness. Her nostrils were full of stale smoke and whiskey. She ran. She ran down the hall and tried to open the sliding door. She kept fumbling with the lock. She couldn’t open it. She was panicking and could hear nothing but her heartbeat and her quick breaths. She finally got the door open and ran out onto the beach. She didn’t notice a figure running toward her.

Bono had been asleep on his porch when he had heard a muffled scream. He instantly became alert and looked over at the other house. He saw Abby trying to open her sliding door. He could almost feel her panic from where he was. By the time he had made it to Abby's porch, she had opened the door.

She ran past him, not seeing him at all. She finally fell to her knees and started shaking and crying. All of a sudden she noticed someone else was there. She put her arms over her head and cried “No. Please don’t hurt me.”

Bono froze. Her voice sounded so tiny. Almost like a child’s. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t want to do anything to make her more panicked.

“It’s ok Abby. It’s just me, Bono. I’m not going to hurt you.” He said in a soothing voice. He wanted nothing more than to put his arms around her to comfort her, but he knew that would only make things worse.

“It’s ok love, no one is going to hurt you.” He said over and over.

Her breathing finally slowed down and she stopped crying. She was still shaking a little. She looked up into Bono’s eyes.

”Bono?” she said sounding confused. “What are you doing here?”

“I saw you run out of your house. I wanted to make sure you were ok.” He told her.

“I’m fine. You don’t have to stay with me.” She said. She hated it when people saw her like this.

He did the first thing that came into his head. He just put his arms around her and held her. She stiffened right up.

“It’s ok love. I’m not going to hurt you.” He whispered to her.

He picked her up and carried her back to her house. When he got into the living room, he sat down with her in his lap. He held her until she relaxed a little bit. He kept holding her while she cried. When she finally calmed down and started to drift off to sleep, he still kept holding her.

I'm the first one to comment!

Awwwww, I LOVE this story. I love the way Bono is taking care of Abby. The end is very moving, I hope she opens up to him soon.

“Abby, what’s your password?” He asked.

He didn’t know why, but she all of a sudden went a deep shade of red. Her password was –bonohasasexybutt- .

- I laughed out loud when I read that!

Great read, please continue!

:up:

:applaud: funny and mysterious, and sweet as just bono can be :heart:

please post more soon :wave:

I just adore this story. What a sweetheart Bono is in this, and you just know he would be like this for real if this situation arose.

You have created the perfect scenario.... this is exactly what I like to read.

Please carry on.... and quickly!!! :)

Carrie

Thank you for all the nice comments! I'm more nervous about this story than the last one (if that is remotely possible) because I'm writing about something I don't really know anything about. I've never been pregnant. On that note, if anyone who has been pregnant sees something about it that's not right...please tell me.

Back
Top Bottom