The Ali Hewson shoe appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say she chooses to be comfortable over being a "fashion victim". Stilettos can make your feet really sore - that's why I thought she wears wedges. Good on her for not being a fashion victim.

andromeda said:
I must say she chooses to be comfortable over being a "fashion victim". Stilettos can make your feet really sore - that's why I thought she wears wedges. Good on her for not being a fashion victim.

I've never thought of platform shoes as being comfortable, but they are way more so than stilettos so good on her :up: We should appreciate ali's shoes not for what they look like but for the fact that they are comfortable. Shes the best rolemodel, i wish more people appreciated her like we do!

They are both small people indeed. That said, Ali is very lucky to be able to wear these heels and wedge shoes boosting her height several inches to where she's not towering over her man. She's classy, I love what she chooses to wear even on her feet!

I also love that pic of the 3 Hewson women, it looks to be fairly current?

Carmelu2fan said:

It is not all that, I can tell you. Another awful thing about being tall is the huge feet. Good on men, not so much on women. I dated a guy who asked me what size shoe I wear and when I told him size 9 he laughed and called me Sasquach :sad:

I bet you have tiny feet. Guys like tiny feet.:yes:

I'm 5'3" and wear a size 9 shoe. :reject: (That's 1.6 meters tall for you metric freaks.)

I don't know how she walks in those things, but they look cool. And in the end, isn't all about how you look?

kellyahern said:
If I walk in heels, I fall over :reject:.

I fall over just wearing my sneakers!!! :giggle:

Last edited:
Ah, if she's gonna bother wearing heels, then why wear heels that make your feet look clumpy?:huh: She (and Bono :mad: ) should just embrace their inner shortness! (I say this as someone who is 5 foot 6, or just about the same height as Bono when I stood next to him :wink: )

last unicorn said:
I think Ali, like Bono, tries to look taller by wearing these platform shoes. They are both pretty tiny people. Most of Ali's shoes are really great, she has a very stylish taste. However, I for my part would be a bit worried about some of this footwear, I wouldn't be able to walk with shoes like these, I'd break my ankle or something like that. Looks risky.

I have been wearing platforms, 3 inch heels on boots and shoes sandals ect for almost 1/2 of my life...Even though people assume i look taller than my 5'2" frame I cant live with out heels..there fore I dont own but one pair of tennis shoes (whic I dont like) and my legs and feet are not used to flats or tennis shoes..I feel like my ankles are going to break because they are not in heels..

yeah after all these years in heels Ive developed very nice stong calves ....I do "everything" in heels vaccum, mop,wash the car, mow the lawn, live, love, life!!!:lol:

blueeyedgirl said:
Ah, if she's gonna bother wearing heels, then why wear heels that make your feet look clumpy?:huh: She (and Bono :mad: ) should just embrace their inner shortness! (I say this as someone who is 5 foot 6, or just about the same height as Bono when I stood next to him :wink: )

actually that is very easy to say!! I wish I was 5'6" but Im not..Its mental really..
I mean it's not like Im 4'10" or anything 5'2" is quite resonable but yet I've always felt and said that I was cheated in height somehow i feel i should have been taller....
but agian it's all mental and it creates a height complex...
I so understand the Hewsons and anyone else who goes through this...
and even though I LOVE Ali's shoes I dont envy them because I have most of the platform shoes and boots that look like hers..but then I have dainty sexy strappy 3inch heels for when I go out on dates:kiss:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

I'm 5'3" and wear a size 9 shoe. :reject: (That's 1.6 meters tall for you metric freaks.)

I don't know how she walks in those things, but they look cool. And in the end, isn't all about how you look?

I fall over just wearing my sneakers!!! :giggle:

When I was about 11 years old and I was still 5'4. I was in a 9 shoe even before I turned into the giant I am today. So I understand how you feel. I have never had any problem walking in any type of shoes. I salsa dance in 3 inch heels. They just increase my height to about 6 feet!! As long as you are careful it can be done.

Ali looks very petite, graceful and she has excellent posture. She She could pull of anything:heart:

Carmel-I can't believe someone would be mean enough to call you Sasquach. There was a girl in our office who was 6' & people always asked her if she was a basketball player--she always answered. No I'm a super model. I envied her long legs. :wink:

Bono's Doll said:
Carmel-I can't believe someone would be mean enough to call you Sasquach. There was a girl in our office who was 6' & people always asked her if she was a basketball player--she always answered. No I'm a super model. I envied her long legs. :wink:

The gal in your office is smart...I should take notes from her.
Guys can be so cruel:shrug: I would have not been so hurt if I did not care for him so much, but we where young then. He has grown so much since then. We are still a very good friends to this day.

Ok, an opinion from someone who's 5" and has size 5 1/2 feet:
:)reject: )

As sexy as stilletos are, they are impossible to walk in for more than an hour... and seeing how many public appearances Ali has,she opts for comfort as well as added height. However, maybe she has bunions or something which prevent from wearng spiky heels, who knows? :shrug:

She's amazing with and without the shoes. :)

Carmelu2fan said:
Aliinboots.jpg

just got that pic from the Aniversary thread...:drool: those boots are made for walkin...

Now I would love to see Ali in the steelito type heel.

And Bono says it’s her eyes that bring him home……. Are we supposed to believe that with a photo like that?

Babydoll said:
Ok, an opinion from someone who's 5" and has size 5 1/2 feet:
:)reject: )

Size 4 1/2 here :p

I love Ali's taste in shoes for the most part. I can appreciate what other short women go through to boost their height a little. Platforms may be clunky, but I've seen how regular heels mangle people's feet in my line of work. It's not pretty :no: Platforms or wedges are the lesser of two evils :shrug:

i like her shoes and her dresses but i can't walkin high heals cuz i will fall down. i whear 7 and a half

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom