The 7 Wonders of the Ultra Uber Modern World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
Check this out. The radio station I listen to here in NZ compiled a list decided by listener votes as to what everyone thought was the most amazing thing (for any reason) in the modern world....here were the results.....

7. Brad Pitt
6. Snow Planet (an indoor all year round ski-field in NZ)
5. The 7's (fast rugby) in Wellington (it goes 'off' there!)
4. Peter Jackson - NZ director of Lord of the Rings etc
3. IPOD
2. The Crusaders (one of the best rugby teams in NZ - after the All Blacks)
1. U2!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! :bonodrum: :dancing:

Now, in celebration of that, lets post some 'ultra-uber' extraordinary band pics of the boys recieving awards etc!!!!

I know!! They reckoned it was because of all the re-invention etc and how they just keep on going, bigger, better, stronger etc all the time! NOTHING stops them!!! Thats our boys!!!

RCpage1.jpg

gluey said:
I know!! They reckoned it was because of all the re-invention etc and how they just keep on going, bigger, better, stronger etc all the time! NOTHING stops them!!! Thats our boys!!!

I know and no one (that is not a u2 fan) understands my obsession..I mean...they are so freakin Awesome!! and they have re-envengted themselves, yet stay true to themselves...

It is funny that as I read the book the guys had/have so many insecurities/uncertainies they are so human....

If I loved them 110 times b4 I love them 150 times more now:wink:

BonoFox1 said:

I know and no one (that is not a u2 fan) understands my obsession..I mean...they are so freakin Awesome!! and they have re-envengted themselves, yet stay true to themselves...

It is funny that as I read the book the guys had/have so many insecurities/uncertainies they are so human....

If I loved them 110 times b4 I love them 150 times more now:wink:

I konw what you mean...my eyes are much wider open to the fact that they are human just like you and me, and although they are incredibly good at what they do, they still have struggles just like you and me.....puts a whole new perspective on it all after reading the book.....I LOVE THAT BOOK!!

Oh that is SO awesome!! And I agree with you guys about reading the book - I'm about 3/4 of the way through, and it's so awesome and refreshing to read about all their little quirks and insecurities and to know that they are human - and very sweet with it! I didn't think it was possible to love them anymore and now I do :hug: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:

From this:
EDGE-2.jpg

To this:
grammy007.jpg

And remaining ultra-awesome the whole way!

Heck yes!!! That radio station SO got it right!! However Brad Pitt should be number 1 tied w/U2 because he's the HOTTEST man ever :drool: :drool:. Seriously look at this man...
SEXIEST.jpg

:faint: :combust: HELLLOOOOO!!! God Bless!!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

Hmm..could a wallpaper savvy person make the above pic. into a 1200 x 800 wallpaper for me? I don't know if this helps, but the one I have now is 341 kb! Thank you in advance! God Bless!!

Currently Listening: "Sweet Home Alabama"/Lynard Skynard

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Just a quick crop and resize for you:

(click to view fullsize)
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Thank you so much!! You have no idea how long I've wanted that pic for my wallpaper!! Larry looks so frickin' hot as does Bono. I'm not an Adam or Edge girl, but they look pretty darn fine here! Gotta love Edge's shirt. I enjoy how he wears his beanie in the water. LOL. Once again, Thank you so much!! God Bless!

Currently Listening: "Stories For Boys"/U2 (aww..baby U2...)

BonoFox1 said:

NAH.....I mean yeah he (Brad) is cute but he never did it for me either:shrug:
Im into the same type of guys that dreamoutloud mentioned;)
and also into adorable balding guitarists with kind -gorgeous green eyes:drool:

:yes: I am TOTALLY hearing you on that one! Short, pale, pretty, thin and adorable is the way to go! :heart: :edge: :heart:

Gg are you still collecting those? I believe I have found more since then... and didn't I send you that one that day? I was sure I did... sorry! :reject:

bonocomet said:
Gg are you still collecting those? I believe I have found more since then... and didn't I send you that one that day? I was sure I did... sorry! :reject:

:shifty:

Yes, still collecting them :drool: I love that shirt....

I saw them in the Corbijn book, and was like Omg :love:

I'm sure more have turned up... but uhhh I don't know which ones I already sent you now... we would need to make a project out of it I suppose.... but my pics are so unorganized...

Back
Top Bottom