Thank you....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
...to all of you who previously posted concerns and prayed for me and Ellen's friend Amanda. Tonight she passed away. And we still have finals, not that they're important anymore, but I just want this week to end. But if you're going to feel sorry for anyone, keep in mind her boyfriend, who is the nicest, funniest guy ever and has spent the last month trying to balance work, the hospital, spending time with a family he hardly knew, and school....he deserves everything right now.

FLdanamanda.jpg

Picture%20015.jpg

I miss Amanda already :sad:

:sad: :sad: :sad: Awww, I don't know the situation but she looks so young, only about my eldest son's age :hug: and I can imagine how devastated he would be if his girlfriend passed away, it brings tears to my eyes just to think about it. So sad for Amanda, her family and friends. I'm so sorry to hear this. (((((hugs))))))

Last edited:
LCK said:
:sad: :sad: :sad: Awww, I don't know the situation but she looks so young, only about my eldest son's age :hug:

It's OK, you're new here. Amanda had an 8 lb tumor removed from her abdomen two summers ago, and last spring they found multiple tumors in her neck/chest/stomach area. She's been in the hospital for a while now, in and out of ICU, trying different chemo treatments and struggling with various blood infections and problems with medications. They finally had a lot of the tumors under control and she was just starting a new treatment this week. She was 20 years old, and lived with us last year.

My sincere condolences.:sad: What can one say really at such a mournful time. I'm so sorry, the loss of a loved one is always tragic. My thoughts are with you and Amanda's family, boyfriend and many friends.

Wow, my best friend died of cancer at a very early age as well. It's a very, very sad thing. Her family and friends will be in my prayers.

:( I am so sorry Liv.. :hug: Amanda was very loved from what I see and I know she will be missed so much. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family and friends. :hug:

My god.. too young to have to go through something so horrible.

I'm sorry :(

I, um, feel weird because I can't get over the fact that I had to call a hospital and ask if someone had died...it was so weird...I think I'm scarred for life :(

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I, um, feel weird because I can't get over the fact that I had to call a hospital and ask if someone had died...it was so weird...I think I'm scarred for life :(

Aww, that's so sad. Again prayers and sympathy go out to you. And healing beams.

I'm so sorry you had to do that. With the help of your friends and family I hope you can talk about that and feel at least a little bit better just talking about it.

I'm sorry, I don't know quite what to say... I've never had to do something like that

:hug:

That is terrible and made me tear up as well. Im sorry to hear about Amanda, she was certainly very beautiful.
I lost my grandma to cancer when she was young, but I cant imagine this, Amanda was SO very young. :sad:

you know i'm just a stroll away. it hasn't quite sunk in for me yet, and i only knew her a bit. seriously, lies and ellen...you can give me a call or come over or whatever.

:( ....today was the funeral. It was really sad, especially the end when they did a slide show of pictures and showed some of my pictures from last year. I don't think I'm even used to her not being around any more, what with this past week being exam/cleaning/moving out/friends in other countries coming home week....

Here's one of my favorite songs. I don't know much about it or what it was really written about, but I think it's appropriate in this situation:

Let's dance in style,
Let's dance for a while
Heaven can wait,
We're only watching the skies
Hoping for the best
But expecting the worst
Are you going to drop the bomb or not?
Let us die young or let us live forever
We don't have the power
But we never say never
Sitting in a sandpit,
Life is a short trip