Text message from Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trish0860

Refugee
Ok, so it was from the One campaign, but damn that first line freaked me out for 1.2 seconds...

"Hey this is Bono..."

:drool:

haha me too!
i couldn't believe my eyes :wink:
and then i read it all over again and realized.. darn its one of those automated things hah

:lol:

Yeah, I got mine just after I finished eating lunch at an Irish pub with Schmeg, Kariann, and arw9797 in San Diego. My phone made this weird beeping sound, I looked down and it said, "Hey, this is Bono . . ."

I like that I was outside an Irish pub when I read it :wink:

Russty Cat said:
Lemon Grrrrl, I sure hope you gave your friend a high five for that one. LOL

She's so good at coming up with stuff off the cuff like that. When I found out about that voice mail, I called her and said I had Bono on the line and he wanted to talk to her. I started playing "Kim, it's Bono..." stopped it and then acted like I was talking to him saying, "No, Bono, her name isn't Kim, it's Barb..." but he just kept saying "Kim, it's Bono..." and she was just laughing her :censored: off. Then that "something I meant to do today" came up and she died, like everyone else did.

She's so good at coming up with stuff off the cuff like that. When I found out about that voice mail, I called her and said I had Bono on the line and he wanted to talk to her. I started playing "Kim, it's Bono..." stopped it and then acted like I was talking to him saying, "No, Bono, her name isn't Kim, it's Barb..." but he just kept saying "Kim, it's Bono..." and she was just laughing her off. Then that "something I meant to do today" came up and she died, like everyone else did.

That is too funny! I'm so glad my girlfriend and I aren't the only nuts around. We went to a concert the other night for another Irish band that we love and just before they came out to play the DJ in the bar put Vertigo on. My girlfriend started laughing and said "Boy, you can't go any place without Bono being around! You think he's a bit jealous of Keith?!" hehe Keith is the hot Irish lead singer of the other band.

kellyahern said:
:lol:

Yeah, I got mine just after I finished eating lunch at an Irish pub with Schmeg, Kariann, and arw9797 in San Diego. My phone made this weird beeping sound, I looked down and it said, "Hey, this is Bono . . ."

I like that I was outside an Irish pub when I read it :wink:
:laugh: I probably got mine around the same time, but I didn't notice until after we dropped ARW off at the airport around 5 and I was looking at my phone to see if she'd texted me...I started reading it out loud to Kariann and Jim and was VERY surprised to read "Hey, this is BONO!!"

how long after your concert did you guys get yours? i did it at anahiem 2 and no message from the b-man for me. i will have to call him and ask him about it.

I never got a message after the first Anaheim show but it came a few days after the first Glendale show last week.

Ellay said:

I actually got a call, but he had to go, he was running out of change.

He PROMISED me that he was going to stop texting random women! Oh, and men! There's going to be trouble now...

It'll be Rebecca Loos next I bet.

:wink:

has anyone ever tried calling/dialing the number rather than texting it?..

i wonder if bono would answer.. :wink:

but then again the number is probably those message-activated numbers :(

Back
Top Bottom