Teen PLEBAns: We ARE "those people"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
22031_279745109750_765984750_340595.jpg

Just sayin

:shrug:

Ok. I'm in this mood, so...

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of my life and experience which is somewhat shared with those other people :wink:

This is my job.

MARSHALLS.jpg

It sucks moderately. Note: actual picture of a Marshalls. Including some of the mess characteristic of them. The mess that I get paid (poorly) to clean.

Every friday, I get this.

money.jpg

But not that much.

This is what many people my age spend their hard earned money on.

shots.jpg

What about my money?

nomoney1.jpg

NOPE!!!

I don't get to spend it, sillies!

Living off of scraps of babysitting money...

I huddle inside of THIS on breaks between classes.

Cold20car.jpg

Running the heat wastes gas, which costs and arm, leg, and then some. Note: not my actual car or state of residence :wink:

This is my lunch.

pbj.jpg

Not this.

subway-eatfresh.gif

Clothes shopping? No again!

clothes.jpg

Note: Would not be caught dead in that leapard jacket :yikes:

Why? TBC.

Fast forward to my summer break.

This is how many college students like to spend their entire summer break.

bed.jpg

beach.jpg

This is concrete. I will have an intimate relationship with it this summer.

concrete.jpg

Cozy! After a day sitting on this, your ass...well, it's numb.

This is something else I will see, whereas normally, it would see me. Asleep.

crackofdawn.jpg

This is an Interstate (I95, to be precise). Hi friend!

I95.jpg

Coffee, crappy roadside food, little sleep, etc are also included, but I'm getting too lazy to find pictures. You get the idea.

My coworkers are still getting to know me. They have not only parked next to me, but have been talking to me for six months. I talk a lot. They wanted to know why I disappeared for two weeks in September. They wanted to know why I can never go pig out with them at Applebee's even though I have my paycheck in hand. They want to know why I sit in my car and eat my lunch with a hat and scarf on. I have been asked questions such as, "Have you seen the movie Taken?"..."Do you have a shrine in your closet like Helga?"..."Are you one of those absurd U2-freaks that you hear about?"

You hear about those? Apparently, they have. And I just got myself lumped in with a bizarre group of people who get stared at by the 99.9% normal population like this...:coocoo:

So...a tribute to all of you. We'll never be bored. And neither will those around us. Annoyed beyond belief, yes. Bored, no way. :rockon:

/pointless long ass randomness

OMG Val that is WICKED!!!! :applaud:

I know exactly how you feel. I'm the same way. All my checks go into my "tour fund"
I drive around in my car with my U2 bumper stickers, and my Bono shades on, and my U2 cds blasting and ppl give me weird looks sometimes but I don't care.

Ppl at my work think I'm crazy for going to more then one show. They don't understand it one bit but that's okay. I know that it's well worth it to slave away week after week pouring countless cups of coffee.

The reward is something more then awesome. It's gonna be finally meeting awesome friends from here and experiencing U2 shows that are incredible!! And the neverending waiting on concrete is well worth it when Bono is right up in your face :D

:hi5: YESSSSSS. Pouring endless coffees, pushing endless racks of clothes back and forth...i's alllll good :D The reward shall be fruitful :grouphug:

Anyway, how goes it for you this fine day?

Whoaaaaa, that's AWESOME!! I think I'm going to have to break up with Expedia :lol:

That would be the 15th, 16th, and 17th right?

Yeppers!

And yes Hotwire is much better. I use it for all my hotels and always get wicked deals. They have deals on car rentals too. You should check it out.

I'm pumped that we actually have a room booked now :hyper: I checked it out on Google Maps and it's only 11 minutes to the stadium from the hotel by car.

I WILL check it out, because I'm going to be renting cars! Thanks.

11 minutes, that's great. ZOMG I'm just so excited in general all the time :hyper: :panic:

I think I'm going to have to put a post up here and on U2.com looking for a Toronto ticket :evil:

:D

I am allowing myself to purchase a 15 dollar shirt online :lol:

Good thing I went to look at my checking account, because I have one dollar and thirty one cents in there. Epic :laugh:

Yup, I don't see why not. It's "on the way" so to speak :wink: I can swing it.

I'll probably wait forever to tell my mom and then end up pissing her off...but I said I was going to do this proper. This is like the perfect storm of an opportunity.

I gots to go and eat lunch...I have to leave for school in 50 minutes!

I'll talk to you later :hug:

Back
Top Bottom