Tech Crew & Security Shirts For Miami Show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just replied to this on Now Departing!
I took pictures and will post them tomorrow.

OMG it was the coolest thing.
But it looks like it was a combination of 2 fans' signs. My friend Jeff had made a sign saying "Schoo 2 - the Dallas Schoo fan club - close to the Edge" at a couple of shows on West Coast shows on the first leg, and at the last LA show on Nov 19 gave Dallas t-shirts with "Schoo 2" on it, one for himself (with "Dallas" on the sleeve) and one for Edge (with "Edge" on the sleeve).
They must have liked it. They always tease Dallas anyway (in the words of one tech "he's such a rock star") and he's all embarassed!
Once I have the time, Ill post about Sacramento, the day of Dallas' b-day.

[This message has been edited by awakening (edited 12-04-2001).]

i have a picture of the front of my shirt, when i took a picture with Paul McGuiness in Baltimore. But of course after the show i gave it to Dallas so i cant take a picture of it and show you guys presently. But i can post the Paul McG and me pic tommrrow.

Dallas is just the best!

ps- Sicy, thanks so much for the help today!

...and of course after the Baltimore show when i went to see them in Philly 2 weeks later, i met Dallas again and he said he loved the shirt and had worn it twice already! How f-ing cool is that!!!!!!!!
And i got my pic with him which you can all see at the fanclub of course!

awakening - thats great abbout posting the pic soon, thanks!!! And lets hear about the Sacra show to, when our buddy Dallas had his bday!!! Nov. 20th!!!!!!!!!

Holy Crap. Ok, my friend here Allly or Alice just infomed me that the Miami show, the last of the tour, the tch and security crew had shirts on that said "Schoo 2: Closer to the Edge" in place of U2 Elevation Tour. On
the back, they said "Special Guest U2".

Ok thats almost the same thing my shirt said that I made for and gave to Dallas at the Baltimore show....

let me refresh your memories.....
--------------------------------------------
Friday, October 19th in Baltimore I found out firsthand! I was 'Stuck In A Moment'.......a Dallas Schoo moment.

I had marked my spot in the heart on Edge's side about 10 feet from the stage. That in itself was mindblowing! Then after the opening band finish the tech crew comes to start soundchecking. We call out Dallas' name and he looks over and gives us a thumbs up and waves! That made my year. It could have all stopped there and I still would have been on cloud nine. So he ventures out on the heart right in front of us and we again "Dallas Dallas"....he looks down and smiles at us.....what a super guy!!!! I think I used an entire roll of film solely on him! But it still doesnt stop here!

Now I should add that I had a Dallas Schoo vneck shirt made before the concert. It had simply his name on the front with a #2 under it. And on the back it said 'close to the edge'.

Well after the show, which of course blew everyone away, the tech crew are shutting things down. So I took the shirt and threw it to him on stage. I yelled to him that that was for him. He picked it up, chuckled, and thanked me. He took the shirt down to his area under the stage. About 5 seconds later he comes out and comes toward me.....Dallas Schoo was coming towards me!!!!!!! And gives me a U2 crew tshirt!!!!!!!! I about fainted! Dallas Schoo gave me a crew tshirt!!!! I was floored! Still am to be honest! So after I could walk a few feet I turned and made eye contact with him again. I gave him a thumbs up and thanked him as he did the same and waved. I don't know if it gets any better than that.....for me anyway.

So next time you see the best band in the world. Don't forget they have the best people working for them too!!!!! Schoo too!!!!
--------------------------------------------

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowwwwwww Mike, that is TOO cool!!!!

awesome!! yay Dallas- he totally rocks!! that's so cool they have YOUR logo on their shirts!
smile.gif

------------------
What do you do when female fans get too agressive?
Adam: We let Larry deal with those things.

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Hey Mike! That is so cool about the crew shirt! I want one....
Oh and hey- you were at LA 3 right? My friend and I were walking around the Staples Center a while before the show started, and I saw a guy wearing that shirt. (I had to explain it to my friend, haha). Dallas is such a nice guy!

ok, here are the pics. They are of AJ (the coolest, nicest, funniest guy!) I had asked him if I could take a photo of his t-shirt, but in my rush to get the shirt, I didn't include is head in the shot! I wish I did, though, I would have like to have a good picture of him.
Oh, and an I have included an extra shot of Dallas from that night.

Po75519.jpg

Qa21215.jpg

Pw42067.jpg

Awakening, I swear you have the BEST pictures!!

LOVE this one of Dallas...and I heard about that shirt story on the Dallas Schoo board on Yahoo...really interesting how the crew sort of "borrowed" the idea??? Hmmm...would that be copyright infringement???
wink.gif

Pw42067.jpg
[/B][/QUOTE]

LOVE Dallas, he's just adorable, and so DARN nice too!

Disco

Ahhh, now you see, the shirt that I saw at LA3 had white letters on the front that said Schoo2, almost like iron on letters. I didn't see what was on the back though.

Copyright?? LOL....no,no,no.

If they did get "inspired" by my shirt that i made and gave to Dallas in Baltimore or any others, by all means that blows my mind! They could "borrow" it all they want!!!! Dallas is just the best!!!!!

Thanks Disco! You're pics are grrreat! too
smile.gif
)

But did you know you got a picture of my friend Jeff (the one I mention above who gave Dallas the Schoo 2 t-shirt and made the "close to the Edge sign")?
It is precisely the moment when he gives Dallas the t-shirts (in the black bag) to which Dallas adorably replies with much enthusiams "It's my birthday tomorro! It's my birthday tomorrow!) Dallas is just so cute!

PQ91591.jpg

P.S. Got my Miami pics developped (including a nice one of Edge, uh, really into his guitar during Bullet)

Originally posted by mocool12:
Ahhh, now you see, the shirt that I saw at LA3 had white letters on the front that said Schoo2, almost like iron on letters. I didn't see what was on the back though.

Yes, that's Jeff's shirt.. It said nothing on the back, just "edge" or "Dallas" on the sleeve. He was wearing one with his name "Jeff" on the sleeve.
He had shown the "Schoo 2 - Close to the Edge" sign at a couple of shows on the West coast during the first leg.
BTW, Jeff got the stuff sewn, not printed, on the t-shirt and it looked really nice. Of course, he paid $30 a piece!

Awakening, I WANT TO SEE that picture of Edge!!! Are you going to post it??
biggrin.gif

That's so cute about Dallas getting excited about the shirts...a pre-present for his birthday, too adorable.

Originally posted by awakening:
Thanks Disco! You're pics are grrreat! too
smile.gif
)

But did you know you got a picture of my friend Jeff (the one I mention above who gave Dallas the Schoo 2 t-shirt and made the "close to the Edge sign")?
It is precisely the moment when he gives Dallas the t-shirts (in the black bag) to which Dallas adorably replies with much enthusiams "It's my birthday tomorro! It's my birthday tomorrow!) Dallas is just so cute!

P.S. Got my Miami pics developped (including a nice one of Edge, uh, really into his guitar during Bullet)

yes, awakening, please post that miami BTBS photo of edge... i just remember that there was some MAJOR pelvic thrusting going on duriong that song! whoa, baby... is it hot in here?!?
wink.gif
lol!

also, if you have any nice pics of adam, i'd sure love to see them.
smile.gif

also, dallas is soooooo adorable!

Back
Top Bottom