Tattoo idea--opinions!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
OK, everyone has to tell me if this is a good idea, or if it's shit.

I've been wanting to get a tattoo lately, and I want it to be different, to have my own little flair.

I really like foot tattoos, because you can hide them if you want, or show them off (I live in my flip-flops, as long as it's not snowing).

OK, I'd like to get a little lemon on my foot
(I love the lemon--the song, the cheesy popmart lemon...hey, it's my name here!) Over the top of the lemon I'd like it to say
"dream out" and underneath it will say "loud" of course. So it's my dream out loud foot lemon.

Am I insane, or is it a good idea? Feel free to call me crazy (but not Shirley).

smile.gif

------------------
BOOM-CHA

I think it's a good idea!....but then again I have the ability to watch spongebob squarepants for hours on end....

go for it!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I'd like to thank you for letting me rub up against you!" ~Bono~

Hey LL - I've thought about this too, thought about getting that cute 'BatPhisto' signal on my heiny or something, so what about this on your foot or ankle (sans cart of course):

Ot89947.jpg

CUTE!
smile.gif

From someone who has 2 U2 tattoos (*and counting*) so far, i definitely say go for it....
biggrin.gif

I've kept mine around my feet too- I have a semi-huge black joshua tree on my left ankle and a black U2 (the way it was written during the Zoo era) on my right.
Never thought of getting a lemon....*begins counting her change for the next U2 tattoo in her collection....*

Check with a professional, experienced tattoo artist first. When I asked mine about foot tattoos, he said they can be troublesome. Sometimes they don't take, but sometimes they look great. Make sure you get an opinion from a pro. After that, what the hell!! Have fun! I'm sure someone here has a tat on her foot and will let you know the scoop.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

This is so freaky coz I was just gonna post a thread about tatts!! I've been thinking of getting a Joshua Tree on my lower back for some time and I was wondering if anyone here had one or knew of anyone with one? Bonorattle - do you have a photo of yours??
Any advice would be appreciated, thanx.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
spongebob squarepants

Wah?!?!
confused2.gif

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

"The most amazing place you will ever be in your life is where you are right now.."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Go for it LL. Sounds cool. One day when I pluck up the courage, I'm gonna get one.
smile.gif

One of the people I met in a GA line had The Edges autograph tatooed on his arm. He met Edge after a show and got him to sign his arm. Apparently he managed to find a place to get a tatoo out of it

I'm not that fussed about tatoos but that looked very cool.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Bonovation:
One of the people I met in a GA line had The Edges autograph tatooed on his arm. He met Edge after a show and got him to sign his arm. Apparently he managed to find a place to get a tatoo out of it

smile.gif

Wow! Very cool, although I'm not sure if I'd want a tattoo on my arm. Your idea sounds great, LadyLemon- go for it!
smile.gif

smile.gif

He showed me that too. It was very ccol. He had the flower from one aswell. Very cool
smile.gif

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Originally posted by WildHonee:
spongebob squarepants

Wah?!?!
confused2.gif

lol! seems I've embarrassed myself once again. Spongebob Squarepants is a show on Nickelodeon. He's also on Target commercials for some reason:
3323286%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A87%3D727%3DXROQDF%3E2323273%3C%3B6%3A%3B6ot1lsi

sorry for disrupting the tat discussion
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I'd like to thank you for letting me rub up against you!" ~Bono~

"I can't change the world
But I can change the world in me"

One of the people I met in a GA line had The Edges autograph tatooed on his arm

One of the times I was in the GA line, a girl had the Joshua tree (the tree itself) tattooed on her shoulder blade.

smile.gif

That's cool.I want to get a U2 tattoo but I don't know what or where.LL I think yours is a great idea.

Do tattoos hurt alot?

Originally posted by UV2001:

Do tattoos hurt alot?

Depends on where you put them, the size of the needle, and the artist. The one on my lower neck/upper back hurt like a mother because the guy went too deep into my skin. My new artist has a great light touch, so those two didn't hurt hardly at all.

Count on it hurting, though. Think of what it feels like when you cut your legs shaving. That's not exactly it, but it's the closest analogy I've been able to come up with. I've heard that tats on the stomach can hurt like nothing else.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

I'm still deteremined to get a U2 logo on the back of my neck.

Any ideas? Maybe U2 with a heart around it or something?

confused.gif

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

Thanks to everyone who offered their advice/ideas/opinions. I've also toyed with the idea of getting the Joshua Tree also. That would be pretty rad.
smile.gif
Disco, I love that lemon, too!

Ooh...now I really want to get it. Thanks for the advice Martha...I'm going to do some investigating now on good places!!

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Originally posted by bonorattle:
From someone who has 2 U2 tattoos (*and counting*) so far, i definitely say go for it....
biggrin.gif

I've kept mine around my feet too- I have a semi-huge black joshua tree on my left ankle and a black U2 (the way it was written during the Zoo era) on my right.
Never thought of getting a lemon....*begins counting her change for the next U2 tattoo in her collection....*

Hey! I've got a black Joshua Tree tat too! It's about 2-3 inches across and it's on the front of my hip. I've had it for about 8 years and as far as I can remember it hurt like hell when I got it! Still no regrets though.

Back
Top Bottom