TAMALE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What does the word TAMALE stands for???

I mean: In my country, Mexico, people use to eat a delicious food called TAMALE . Is a rolled leaf of corn, and inside has a combination of a paste made with chily and corn flour, and beef, chicken, pork, etc.

Is so delicious!!
So: Can anyone tell me which is the appropiate use of this word here in PLEBA???

Thanks!!!
wink.gif

------------------
Bono: Meet me at motel "Hawkmoon 269"

WildHonee is the one who started using it, so she'll have to answer to be sure, but I think it means he's really hot, hot as in sexy and good looking! In America, HOT TAMALE is a slang term for something really, really good!
smile.gif
It probably grew out of the fact that Mexican tamales, especially hot ones are so good!
wink.gif

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage!

http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 09-26-2001).]

Originally posted by Scarlet Hawkmoon:

I mean: In my country, Mexico, people use to eat a delicious food called TAMALE . Is a rolled leaf of corn, and inside has a combination of a paste made with chily and corn flour, and beef, chicken, pork, etc.

Is so delicious!!
So: Can anyone tell me which is the appropiate use of this word here in PLEBA???

Thanks!!!
wink.gif

Yeah, I know! LOL I wonder the same! I guess it does mean something to be "Hot." I dunno, I never use it in that terms! Cause I just think of the food!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I just wanna say Hi to a fellow mexican
biggrin.gif
, so: Hi Scarlet Hawkmoon
smile.gif

as for the use of the word tamale in the forums... i really don't know
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

Originally posted by Hawkmoon269:
I just wanna say Hi to a fellow mexican
biggrin.gif
, so: Hi Scarlet Hawkmoon
smile.gif

as for the use of the word tamale in the forums... i really don't know
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey, Hawkmmon269 and Scarlet Hawkmmon!
biggrin.gif
Similiar! COOL! Bueno, hola a las dos!
wink.gif
All this talk about tamales, made me hungry!
biggrin.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Ok, since we're on the kick of "What does this mean?" I'm going to ask a stupid question...

What does PHWOAR stand for? Explain!!
biggrin.gif
Thanks and sorry for my stupidity...

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

hey is good to see another mexican plebarian
biggrin.gif

no sera porque a los tamales les tienes que quitar la envoltura para comertelos?
biggrin.gif

------------------
a mexican poet, but not a very good one

Originally posted by voxxie:
hey is good to see another mexican plebarian
biggrin.gif

no sera porque a los tamales les tienes que quitar la envoltura para comertelos?
biggrin.gif

LMAO
biggrin.gif
, puede ser que si voxxie!
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Lol where have I been?! I'm the tamale queen
biggrin.gif

Lol every Xmas we go to my Grandma's house and make tamales. My mom's family is from Ecuador so we always have yummy food.

I don't know why I picked to use 'tamale.' It's just seems to fit Bono.

hot tamale! Well tamales are yummy and so is Bono.
biggrin.gif

Gina, how long did this take you?!
Terrifically

Amorous

Men of U2

Are

Luscious

Everytime!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Is so delicious!!

Thanks!!!
wink.gif

That's what I found in a dictionary too.I'm confused.

I'm affraid Wild Honee gave a really good meaning to this word.
When you eat a tamale, you have to unwrap the corn leaf. It applies too on Bono, Larry , Adam and Edge. I bet they're delicious and yummy from the inside and inside their clothes
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bono: Meet me at motel "Hawkmoon 269"

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
Ok, since we're on the kick of "What does this mean?" I'm going to ask a stupid question...

What does PHWOAR stand for? Explain!!
biggrin.gif
Thanks and sorry for my stupidity...

It's a word that leaves LEATHER girls' mouth if they see Bono, or RSOC girls' mouth if they find a nice pic of Spark... so your jaw drops and u go schwoooong!!
biggrin.gif
Like a Xena war cry!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Larry

Makes

A woman

um, you can fill in the rest.

OH MY!!!!! LMAO!! dangnabit
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Today we're going to do something healthy," Adam announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

"Sorry we couldn't sell these seats up here, 'cuz you couldn't get a view of Larry's arse, and we all know that's why you're here" Bono, Pittsburg Elevation
*shake it shake it shake it tamale*
Take Me Higher

Originally posted by CatDubh:
It's a word that leaves LEATHER girls' mouth if they see Bono, or RSOC girls' mouth if they find a nice pic of Spark... so your jaw drops and u go schwoooong!!
biggrin.gif
Like a Xena war cry!
biggrin.gif

Thanks!! I appreciate the clairfication...
biggrin.gif
PHWOAR indeed!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

Larry

Makes

A woman

SCANDAL!!!!!!

INNUENDO!!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

I'm affraid Wild Honee gave a really good meaning to this word.
When you eat a tamale, you have to unwrap the corn leaf. It applies too on Bono, Larry , Adam and Edge. I bet they're delicious and yummy from the inside and inside their clothes
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

*giggles like the schoolgirl that I am*

our country's tamales (lol Ecuador) just have the masa or whatever and in my family's assembly line I always have to wrap them up in the stupid thin paper and tie them with the stupid little string. I still have to sit at the kid's table too! I can't wait till I'm older and have better tamale priveleges.
biggrin.gif

*ties up Bono only to steam him and unwrap him later* lol a little hispanic humor there.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

Paul

Hewson

Wow

Oh my

Amazing

Rear-view

SO THATS THE REAL MEANING!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Good word gals!
wink.gif

------------------
"Bono & I: We shine like a burning star, we're falling from the sky... Tonight"

Eat your heart out, gals! (LMAO)

Larry

Makes

A woman

rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
it actually stands for Laughing My ASS Off. ROTFLMAO is Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off and LMFAO is Laughing My Fucking Ass Off.
smile.gif

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Back
Top Bottom