T-shirts on U2.com...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macphistofreak

The Fly
I want some new U2 shirts for Christmas, so I go to U2.com and all they have is vertigo shirts.
I love Vertigo, but I don't want the shirt. I'm not a big fan of the whole "unos, dos, tres, catorce" thing.
Are they going to bring back the old shirts? Please please please let them bring the shirts back.
This is posted on the store's site..."Check our exclusive Vertigo lithograph - strictly limited edition to mark the release of VERTIGO
and the all-new 2005 U2 Calendar." But they're only talking about the lithograph right?
I hope I posted this in the right place. :reject:

Could you please post a link, I can't get to it. I can hardly get the site to work at all. I don't like it :grumpy:

yeah I got an email fromt the mailing list so I thought I might ask for a Tshirt for my birthday this month but im not that keen on the Vertigo ones...

Thanks, Greety. Those shirts are not good :no: I don't like the colors, and I'd prefer one with a picture of band members. I won't be buying those. I sure hope the tour shirts are a lot better! :scream:

Among reasons I don't like the shirts:

*most people probably wouldn't know what the front means, even if they know Spanish, they might not get the song connection:confused:
*the color choices are dull and unappealing
*they are too plain and do not include band member pics
*I don't want a target on my back! :uhoh: (though my hair would probably cover it anyway)

PLEASE guys make the tour shirts cooler than this!!

Last edited:
TheWho4Life said:
What's a lithograph? Hell, feel free to answer, but I ain't ever gonna buy it :lol: Expensive much! DAMN!

As I recall from art class, a lithograph is simply a way of printmaking...I believe it involves using grease/oil in order to get the ink to stick where you want it, since most ink is water soluble, you can put ink on the whole plate, then run water over it to get it off of the areas that you want ink-free. I hope that helps.
:D

pianorocker said:

As I recall from art class, a lithograph is simply a way of printmaking...I believe it involves using grease/oil in order to get the ink to stick where you want it, since most ink is water soluble, you can put ink on the whole plate, then run water over it to get it off of the areas that you want ink-free. I hope that helps.
:D
Well... that just sounds like it would be exoensive :huh: I still want it though :sigh: oh well, life gos on :|

Thank God I'm not the only person who doesn't like those T-shirts. I wanted the War Tour one. :sad:
Haha, I didn't think about the target on the back! I have short hair so it wouldn't cover it. I wonder how many times I would get hit with stuff during the day... I'm known for wearing kind of weird shirts, but people will think I'm just dumb when I wear a shirt that says "unos, dos, tres, catorce" on it, especially since a good portion of my school speaks spanish. I would buy U2 shirts off of ebay like I did with my Bono is God one, but no one sells size small shirts!!! :mad: :mad:

Ooh, pricey lithograph. Lithographs were very popular in the Victorian era, Queen Victoria herself made them, they're still pretty popular.

I will proberly get on of the Vertigo shirts.. I get suckered into anything with a U AND A 2 ON IT, LOL. Im not that crazy about them either. Hope tour shirts will be better. Something with photos of the band on it would be nice.

My favorite shirts are the grey and black Elevation Tour baseball shirt, and the Elevation 3rd Leg army green U2 w/ suitcase shirt.

Back
Top Bottom