Surrender Chapter One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHoney

Blue Crack Distributor
A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are R
Ok , here goes my Fan Fic that's postable in PLEBA, yes PGPer's believe it or not this story is smut free

Disclaimer: Totally untrue, don't know the band although i wish i did. etc, etc.....

First some eye candy

35662b35.jpg

October 12 1980

Right I’ve been told to keep a diary to help me, so here goes. I suppose the best place to start is the beginning. It sounds unbelievable but it’s the truth.

It all began several months back. , I had a job interview and I should have known better than to go to a rough part of London alone. I was wandering the streets of Kingston looking for the Polytechnic where I was applying for an admin assistant job. However I never made it…..

I began to get jumpy when I heard two hushed male voices behind me. Automatically I had quickened my pace, trying to convince myself that NOTHING would happen to me and no one would have the audacity to try anything in broad daylight. I didn’t have a clue of where I was going and unwittingly turned into a dark alleyway. I felt a hand cover my mouth as I was shoved onto the ground. I bit down on that hand as hard as I could and as he screamed and lifted it I screamed like a banshee for help. I felt something hit my head and as I lost consciousness I heard someone coming to my aid:

“I’ll stay with her, get after those bastards”

As I came to I was aware of someone gently stroking my cheek and was paralysed with fear.

“Shh Sweetie. Its ok you’re safe. I’m afraid they got your bag. We’ve called for an ambulance and it’s on its way. “

I turned my face to look at the man cradling my head in his lap. A fit naked body with soft downing hair topped with an angelic face his baby blue eyes, and cute freckles framed by a mop of long dark hair looked back at me. As I looked into his piercing blue eyes he smiled and that’s when he stole my heart.

What’s your name? he asked in a gentle yet strong Irish brogue

As I felt myself losing consciousness again I managed to utter, “It’s Sadie”

I can only rely on what the nurses told me happened. The Irish hunk had accompanied me to the hospital and sat at my bedside. He didn’t move until his friend had convinced him that he had to and the nurses had had assured him I would be safe. The nurses had assumed he was my boyfriend and had been shocked when I had explained he wasn’t. All I know about him is that his name begins with B and that he charmed all the nurses.

Well I don’t know whether this has helped me or not but for tonight diary I will bid you goodbye.

Sadie shut the covers of the diary. She couldn’t believe that this was going to cure her; it confused her how everyone thought she’d totally lost all her faculties after the incident. As she placed it on the bedside table, his note fell onto the floor. She picked it up and let out a big sigh remembering the 12 red roses that he had left with it. Gently she opened it and read his words yet again

Sadie

Sorry I couldn’t stay with you but I had to leave to catch a ferry to Holland. But I’m assured you’ll be looked after and that you’re safe.

Please call me on 100560

B

Sadie carefully refolded the note and put it into the diary. Just her luck a decent good looking guy likes her and she was unconscious. She had tried to call him but after realising he hadn’t put an area code on it, she was at a loss. She had tried all the codes she could think of without success, exhausted every one in the phonebook and directory enquiries wouldn’t speak to her anymore.

Sadie cursed the fate that had separated her from the man that had stolen her heart. How was she going to get it back when she didn’t know where to find it? She & her friend Julie had christened him KISA, short for Knight in Shining Armour as his real name was undecipherable on his note. As she snuggled down under the sheets, cuddling the pillow she slid into yet another night of restless sleep.

October 12 1980, Kingston Polytechnic

“Yeah, last night you were amazing, man “

Bono graciously thanked Dan the student union rep, and turned strutting up to the stage where the rest of the band was packing away their instruments. One day we won’t have to do this he thought.

“How come you always get out of packing our stuff up?” Larry grumpily asked his lead singer

“I guess it’s because everyone wants to speak to the lead singer” smirked Bono

Larry glared at him, turning to Edge and mumbling “Don’t anyone realise it’s all about the drums, and it is my band “

“We’re better off leaving him to the PR stuff; you know how accident prone he can be. I personally want my guitars in one piece,” Edge responded trying to keep the peace yet again.

Adam strolled back in, cigarette dangling from his mouth, one glance at Edge told him those famous Irish tempers had been sparing again.

“Bono, come and help me with this, I need to run an idea by you.”

Bono looked over at Adam and saw him waving his packet of Major at him. Reluctantly Bono walked over to the door, and anyway there was a fag waiting. Bono leant against the door and lit the cigarette, casually blowing out the smoke in the air.

Then came the most piercing scream he had ever heard, running around the van he found a woman was being attacked and without even thinking he rushed to her aid followed closely by Adam, Edge & Larry.

“Get away from her you bastards” Bono screamed as he ran, Seeing they’d been spotted the muggers fled.

“I’ll stay with her, get after those bastards” he yelled at the others as they got to the victim.

As the boys gave chase, Bono fell to the floor. She had passed out and was bleeding from the gash to the head. He removed his t-shirt and pressed it against her wound as he gently lifted her head onto his lap, stoking away her blood soaked hair from her face. Paul the band’s manager appeared wondering what all the fuss was about.

“Shit!!, Stay with her I’ll go to the tech and get someone to call an ambulance.” Paul yelled as he rushed back inside.

Bono looked down, God she was beautiful, a typical English rose yet with an Irishness about her. Her pale perfect complexion, her ruby red lips looked so inviting, her hair was dark with reddish streaks. He looked at her amble chest, good she was breathing. “Just keep her still until the professionals arrive” he thought.

He heard the voices of his mates returning. Larry grumbling as usual.

“How is she?” Adam asked his voice full of concern

“Gorgeous” Bono mumbled under his breath

“Sorry? Edge had heard that comment loud and clear, “Sorry Bono they got away”

“My god he’s even trying to pull unconscious girls now “laughed Larry. “ I don’t think taking your shirt off is going to work this time.”

Bono glared at Larry, he knew him well enough to realise he was trying to be funny.

“Actually it was to stem her bleeding” Bono quipped

“God there’ll be no stopping him now! He’s a doctor! “Edge giggled

Bono looked down and gently stroked her face, she sighed as she regained consciousness. He felt her freeze but continued to comfort her with delicate strokes.

“Hush Sweetie. Its ok you’re safe. I’m afraid they got your bag. We’ve called for an ambulance and it’s on its way. “

She turned her face and looked into his eyes. Her beautiful green eyes looking into his , Fearful at first then magically melting .Bono felt something at that moment something he’d never felt before, something he couldn’t explain. She began to look dazed and all he could think about was her name.

What’s your name? Bono asked with a tone of desperation

It’s Sadie, she said as she once more lost consciousness.

The paramedics arrived and Bono insisted on accompanying her to the hospital much to the others disgust. As Sadie lay helpless on the bed Bono sat and held her hand for hours charming the nurses as they done their checks. Wow he loved those uniforms!

Edge appeared “How’s she doing?”

“Ok I think, the doctors haven’t told me much. “ Bono sighed

“Bono, you know that you don’t have to do this. You don’t even know her. We really have to get going otherwise we’ll miss the ferry.”

Bono looked up at Edge, sadness in his eyes “I know Edge, but I have to, you know. I can’t explain why I just need to”

Edge gazed down at Bono and Sadie. “Look this is a big chance. We’ve broken the UK and going to Holland will help us break Europe. Please come with me, Paul has the van downstairs Larry’s whining and Adam is stoned. Sadie’s in the right place. They’ll look after her,”

“Ok, ok “, Bono was resigned to the fact that he’d have to go. “ I’m leaving her a note though”

Edge took his notebook and pen from his jacket and handed it over.

Adam walked in, a smile as wide as the Irish sea on his face. “Hi Bono, thought you might like these for your little lady.” He threw a bunch of red roses at Bono. Adam raised his finger to his lips “ Shhhhhhhhh don’t tell anyone“

“Thanks Adam”, Bono smiled at his friend. It was the thought that counted not where Adam had got them from.

His note written, Bono grudgingly left Sadie in the hospitals care and walked down to the van. He so wanted to run right back to her side but as Edge has said maybe she was married or engaged so there was no point wasting the chance of stardom was there.??

Last edited:
:applaud: :yippie: YOU DID IT!!! :bow:

This is soooo awesome....can't wait to see where it goes from here....get those words out of your head and into your computer for the next chapter before I :combust:

Baby Bono and the guys :drool: Interesting start, Wild. :drool: Edge having his pen and notebook even back then; the budding scientist type, always ready to make notes..:lol: Naughty Boy Adam keeping up w/his reputation for mischief and Larry :drool: grumpy but funny. You got it all in there girl! :) (Maybe I ought to rephrase that....:evil: :evil: :lol: ).

...but I won't...mwahahaha:laugh: :laugh:

:tsk: no smut...

wait, you were expecting a positive review????? :eyebrow:

:tongue: I guess I can live without the smut... well... but not for too long!

Babies!!! :drool:

Oh, I like this a lot. Dr. Bono. Dearie me, I'm feeling ... :faint:

Hey this was very cute- and right, no smut??? We need some, ya know. Other than that, it is perfect. It is funny and charming,
will you post more soon??????????????

youvedonewhat said:

Baby U2 :drool: I got Februarys U2 calender up in my room at work and there they are; staring out at me from beside all my box files....Baby U2...:drool:
i like it!

Back
Top Bottom