Surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
Wish me luck girls (and guys!!). Have to have surgery on 19th October - a lower Spinal Fusion :yikes: My L4 disc has decided to explode and hasn't got better after months of treatment.....I'll have to get my fill of blue crack over the next couple of weeks, because I'll be out of action for a few weeks after that :sad:

:shifty: I'm going to make sure that my MP3 player is full to the brim of U2 songs to take my mind off it all when in hospital....and neurotically enough I want to make sure the house is as neat as a pin before I go....and make sure all my work is up to date...:hmm: maybe I need to go to hospital for a rest!! :lol:

Will be pleased when it's over...the idea of spinal surgery doesn't excite me, but knowing it should fix my problem does!! And, the surgeon told me today that the risks are minimal etc...

Ag! How long are you going to be in for, hun? And where? Can we visit and bring lots of Bono love pics to cheer you up?

Housework :yuck: Empower your lovely hubby by leaving it all to him:yes:

I know a couple of people who've had very good results with spinal fusion - all good, positive thoughts will be coming your way from the Whildhouse. :hug:

Gluey!:hug: Lots of hugs coming your way. I'll be thinking of you on the 19th. If it's the same op as my hubby was going to have it's keyhole surgery and the op doesn't take very long.

Meantime, whilst you're in recovery you can listen away to that awesome voice and know that we're up to no good with our pix and comments. :evil: It'll give you something to do/giggle over whilst you're taking it easy.

And yeah, I totally agree w/Effanbee, let your hubby do the housework.
:evil: :evil:

:drool: Dr Robert.....sadly my surgeon looks nothing like him....:grumpy:

Effanbee!! :hug: :kiss: I'll be at Mercy Hospital.....for about 4 nights. Maybe you could brink me in a leaf off the Larry Tree :shifty: :giggle: But not the Albert Park tree :no:

YDW....don't know that it's keyhole - Surgeon told me I'll have a 3-4 inch scar down my spine :yikes:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.....gotta get these nerves calmed somehow!! :hug:

:hug: hopefully you'll finally be released of the pain you've had Gluey!

:shifty: perhaps you could get physiotherapy from dr Robert... I'm sure he'd be... up for it? :sexywink:

I'm having laprascopic surgery tomorrow to have my gallbladder removed so I know the feeling
:scream:

one4u2 said:
I'm having laprascopic surgery tomorrow to have my gallbladder removed so I know the feeling
:scream:

:hug: I had that 7.5yrs ago.....It was such a relief :yes: Within in a week you won't know yourself!

:hug: Good Luck :hug:

WildHoney said:
Gluey :hug:

I'll be thinking of you :hug:

a friend of mine had a very similar operation in MArch. It went really well and she feels so much better .

And just think of what you'll be able to do when your backs better :shifty:

:hug:

:silent:

lotsa prayers and hugs goin` out for ya Gluey:hug::pray:

I`ll try to do more observing of Bono for ya and give reports when ya get back:wink:

gluey said:
Wish me luck girls (and guys!!). Have to have surgery on 19th October - a lower Spinal Fusion :yikes: My L4 disc has decided to explode and hasn't got better after months of treatment.....I'll have to get my fill of blue crack over the next couple of weeks, because I'll be out of action for a few weeks after that :sad:

OOoooooooooNOOOOOOOOOOO! My sistah! I wish I could be there to give you a huge hug in person. I hope all goes well for you and it makes you feel 100%. How long will be your recovery time?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

^^ What? You're not coming in to give me a foot rub??? :ohmy:

:tsk:

:wink: :giggle:

:hug: JC, 4 nights in hospital and 4-6 weeks recovery....then I'm Bionic :yes: :giggle: I'm so relieved it's getting fixed after all these months. I've heard nothing but positive about the surgery too which is helping. I just want to get it over and done with now.... :waiting:

Back
Top Bottom