sunday bloody sunday live + Sunday bloody sunday pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_gal

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
sunday bloody sunday live

Hey girlz can u do me a gud favour??

What does Bono say about the Irish troubles on the live verison of sunday bloody sunday?

Its on the rattle and hum DVD but I'd just like 2 know
Thanks a lot

We Hurt Each Other Then We Do It Again

I'm not a girl but I know what Bono says anyway! :wink:

This is what he says:

Intro:

"This is a song, one day we'll hope never to have to sing or play again! Sunday Bloody Sunday!"

Then he sings something like: "Too bloody right!" or something!

And then during the talk:

"Yeah! What's this I see over here? I see two letters: SF and U2!
Is that a girl's name or does that stand for Sein Finn, the Irish
Republican Armie(s)? As if it does, I don't see how you can stand
or (stomach?) to wave that sing this week!
As you bastards left those people! Eleven dead, fifty-five
wounded in the name of freedom! FUCK FREEDOM!

(little break)

Glory to the revolution, that's what they say!
There's no glory in taking a man out of his bed and shooting a
bullet into his head while his wife and children watch mate!
What were the last time you were back in Ireland anyway!?!
Well, I believe in Ireland too! I believe my country will one day
be united but not with the (IRA?) rifle!
So I say: No more! Say: no more! No more! No more etc.
Wipe your tears away! Wipe your bloodshot eyes!
Etc. Chorus

(Song continues)

We're so sick of it!

(Song continues, last verse)!

Well, thank you!

(Mullen?)

Sunday Bloody Sunday! Sunday Bloody Sunday!

I think this is the one you're looking for...

And let me tell you something: I've had enough of Irish-Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years come up to me, and talk about the resistance, the revolution back home. And the glory of the revolution, and the glory of dying for the revolution. Fuck the revolution! They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution. What's the glory in taking a man from his bed and gunning him down in front of his wife and his children? Where's the glory in that? Where's the glory in bombing a remembrance day parade of old-age pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day? Where's the glory in that? To leave them dying, or crippled for life, or dead, under the rubble of the revolution, that the majority of the people in my country don't want! No more-no more, etc...

Wow, I didn't realize I knew that by heart:ohmy:

Very powerful, love that version. :sad: I still have to watch it on old, worn out, steched video and the boys sound like chipmunks because I can't find it on dvd anywhere. Heh.

-Nikki

Sunday bloody sunday pics

Ellooooo itz that annoyin bono_gal again!! :rolleyes:

Has anyone got any pics of whole band performing Sunday Bloody Sunday?
Thanks a lot!!

We Hurt Each Other Then We Do It Again

VertigoGal said:
I think this is the one you're looking for...

And let me tell you something: I've had enough of Irish-Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years come up to me, and talk about the resistance, the revolution back home. And the glory of the revolution, and the glory of dying for the revolution. Fuck the revolution! They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution. What's the glory in taking a man from his bed and gunning him down in front of his wife and his children? Where's the glory in that? Where's the glory in bombing a remembrance day parade of old-age pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day? Where's the glory in that? To leave them dying, or crippled for life, or dead, under the rubble of the revolution, that the majority of the people in my country don't want! No more-no more, etc...

Wow, I didn't realize I knew that by heart:ohmy:

Me too. Y' take stuff in and you don't even realise it. And y'know, reading it like this makes it all the more emotional, all the more tense.

(Apart from which I can see the Great Bono saying all this in his late twenties, long hair, huge shoulders, hairy arms and big hands....:drool: :drool: :drool: )

...somehow he always makes me dribble...

Back
Top Bottom