Sundance Alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took the day off work to go up there tomorrow....any guesses as to how early I should get there? I don't have tickets to the show, just hoping I can get in. :( I will have my camera so if I get any good pics I'll post them!

Well, so far director of U2 3D Catherine Owens is there...According to Getty and the picture posted, she attend the Opening Night Party of 2008 Sundance Film Festival at the Legacy Lodge on January 17, 2008 in Park City.

Come on U2!!!! Please show up!!!!!!

Omg JOE is there!!! *bangs head on desk screaming why didn't I go???!!!*

http://blog.u23dmovie.com/blog/

Check... U, 2

So what exactly happens before a movie screening? I’ve never been to a film festival of this caliber before nor have I ever attended as staff. The Sundance film festival is a new experience to me. And everywhere I go, do, and see excites me to no end!

I attended the film’s audio and visual tech check at the Eccles Theater today where the staff tuned and tested the systems. Present were U2 3D Producer and Executive Audio Producer, John Modell as well as U2’s long-time sound team, Carl Glanville and Robbie Adams, Audio Director, Joe O’Herlihy, VFX Supervisor, Dave Franks, Dolby’s Technical Director Russell Allen, Production Manager Jenny Sireci, and Supervising Producer, Ted Kenney.

When asked why such an elite army of technicians was needed for set up, John Modell stated, “It’s the premiere of the film with U2, the greatest band in the world. We brought all the guys who have worked with the band a long time and Clair Bros who brought a customized sound system to the theater. We also worked with Dolby who delivered their newest 3D system, which is amazing looking.” Modell, who is also a musician, felt that this was, “the most high tech film screening that’s ever been done in history.”

Ted Kenney echoed Modell’s eagerness to make everything perfect explaining that today was the last day to make all final touches on the visuals and audio, “Every venue is different so it’s a priority for us to make every seat in the house have the same quality of sound. It’s important to us, the director, and the music producer to replicate a live concert experience.”

I’m not an AV expert. But I have seen a lot of movies in the theater and I can confidently say, I’ve never seen or heard anything like this!

I saw on ET last night they will have Sundance coverage all weekend, and I also caught some other footage about Sundance and Bono is supposed to appear. I know U23D will play. It should be a hopping festival this year...due to the writers strike, studios will be hot to snag up some good films to make ends meet:wink: It sure would be cool to be able to go there, I'd love to see Edge and Bono!! Not sure if the whole band will be there or just the two.

I should see if my uncle will be there, flying Universal's jet for Spielberg, Katzenberg and Geffen. :hmm:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Oh my god. My sister and her husband live in Salt Lake City, and they're going to the festival. If my sister sees Bono, I'm gonna die of jealousy :scream:
:ohmy: :ohmy:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Sibling rivalry never ends.

:ohmy:

:lmao: :lmao:

I feels your pain!

actually my sib has had at least 3 different 2 degrees seperations from U2 and Bono from people she's met in passing through her work, or that the company (that she works for- she's high up) has business connections with that she's met. :huh:

:ohmy: I just found this blurb.. I hope it gets resolved before tonite's premiere...

Sundancing in the Dark -- Blackout Kills Parties
Posted Jan 19th 2008 12:40AM by TMZ Staff

Tons of huge stars are partying at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah right now -- but they're all gettin' down in the dark!

We just got word that a major power outage in the city has turned the lights out on Main Street. Spies inside several parties including the Hard Rock Hotel Flaunt Magazine party tell us stars like Brittany Murphy, Paris Hilton and Mos Def are standing around in total darkness while the city figures out how to get the lights back on.

Bummer!

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:ohmy: I just found this blurb.. I hope it gets resolved before tonite's premiere...

Sundancing in the Dark -- Blackout Kills Parties
Posted Jan 19th 2008 12:40AM by TMZ Staff

Tons of huge stars are partying at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah right now -- but they're all gettin' down in the dark!

We just got word that a major power outage in the city has turned the lights out on Main Street. Spies inside several parties including the Hard Rock Hotel Flaunt Magazine party tell us stars like Brittany Murphy, Paris Hilton and Mos Def are standing around in total darkness while the city figures out how to get the lights back on.

Bummer!

Paris.. She's amazing.. Wasn't it like a year ago when Redford said he's dissapointed with what these festival is turnin' into with presence of Paris and such?

Sorry for OT.

What song you think they could play if they would perform live at Sundance?

Last edited:
Any latest info about tonight?
I remember when it was Cannes, we started hearing about Dallas and Sam sightings by now.

When does the premiere take place? And IF U2 will perform, I guess it will be before the screening, not afterwards.

I heard Catherine Owens and the U2 crew are already there. The boys are said to be on the way.

:hyper:

Doesn't it seem too quiet...wouldn't there have been some buzz if they were there?

Is there ANY live stream that goes on, and would it be on, the Sundance Festival website?

unicorn, where's that info from? :applaud:

blm said:
Doesn't it seem too quiet...wouldn't there have been some buzz if they were there?

Is there ANY live stream that goes on, and would it be on, the Sundance Festival website?

unicorn, where's that info from? :applaud:

U2.com posted the same news that was on the U23D website blog about the crew is there setting up sound for the movie tonight. But they are clearly saying it is for the movie and have not mentioned a performance at all..There are pix of the director Catherine already there on Getty Images.

The Premier is 9:45pm and then Midnight (mountain standard time) tonight.

Zey just called from Sundance and said all is quiet. No signs of anything going on. No one is at the theater pertaining to U2 (crew, etc) and nothing happening at the place that was rumored to have the party/performance. NO ACTIVITY at all.....She will call me later with an update. They were told they have to line up at 6pm for the waitlist tix to get in for the movie.

The big rumor going around Sundance is that U2 is holding a private concert (possibly tonight after the premiere of U2 3D at the Eccles). It’s the hottest ticket/invite of the festival, only problem is, it doesn’t exist - or so say the publicists behind the film. I have heard that U2 is having a small private party (possibly at Ciseros) and while no musical set is planned, Bono and crew might very well play a few songs, but that isn’t on the official plans.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/19/sundace-tidbits-u2-concert-and-cha-cha/

A friend from the forum said he's on the waitlist too, far back though. In a gray coat. Rumors abound. U2 are supposed to introduce the 2nd showing & do a Q&A. Also rumor of them playing on top of high school :shrug:

Lila64 said:
Also rumor of them playing on top of high school :shrug:

so many rumors, its diriving me crazy!
do you think if U2 is there it will be on youtube? Since eastern time for the premiere is 12:45, theres no way ill be up.

if they play on top of a high school, that will be so punk. and i wish it was my high school they were playing on top of :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom