strange things on ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:eeklaugh: I LOVE U2 Ebay stuff!
My favorite purchases:
blue vinyl Achtung Baby
parking sign (though it's slightly different than the one pictured above)
album cover/picture guitar picks (I don't have the complete set anymore...I gave half to my sister)

Picture of sign Picutre of picks

I love Ebay!!! I'm having to limit myself....I think my mom has started to pick up on how much money I'm actually spending on these things.

Another curious thing I found:

POP CUBE

pop.jpg

pop3.jpg

pop6.jpg

I am right now opening the Achtung Baby video I won on e-bay...I had also banned myself but the addiction and the weird looks from family members returned...

Bonochick said:
Actually, my ideas are kind of psychotic and would probably be better if kept to myself. :silent: :crack: :uhoh:
No!!
Do tell!!
Yah...yah...I wanna know...hey we're all a little psychotic...lol!:wave: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:reject: Man, I REALLY want one of those doll set thingies with the drums and stuff...But they're in Europe! Maybe when I'm in Dublin this summer I can find some!

*sees thread again*
*unrepressable urge to visit half.com*
must.........not.........spend.............money...............

i have to save for our trip to the r&r hall of fame too.....and the tour....*rocks back and forth* GAAHHHHH!!

Re: Re: strange things on ebay

meegannie said:

Bono looks SCARILY like Fidel Castro there.

:shifty:

I have several sets of U2 nesting dolls. Of them, I only think one set is really good. The others are so-so. I don't have the set shown in the pic referenced in the post above, but I did see it on eBay. I didn't bid on it because I agree - Bono looks like Castro. And I already have 2 sets of U2 dolls that are O.K. at best - I didn't need a third set. :sexywink:

Although most of you may know me as a geeky scientist, I had plans to be a hip artist. ;) Anyway, I started thinking that it would be cool to start making my own nesting dolls - as I really love these things. I don't like the traditional sets, but rather the more unusual items (like the U2 set).

I made a set of nesting dolls of cartoon figures from a anime series called "Kenshin" (for short) for a friend for Xmas. He seemed to like it quite a bit. So now I'm working on my own U2 set. If I like it, maybe I'll make another and put it on eBay. LOL! :lol:

Last edited:
Oh, and I forgot to mention - I have the blow-up trabant. In my old apartment, I had it hanging upside down (of course) from my bedroom ceiling for years. :) And I also have the U2 sign and the set of ceramic figures from Spain. They do a decent job of capturing the band - not perfect, but pretty darn good. I have too many U2 things, methinks. :yes:

I don't recall paying much for the blow-up trabant - although I agree that they are rare. But I know I didn't pay anywhere NEAR $400 for it. Trouble is, most of them have a tiny hole in them. I've heard this from many people who have them. So they all slowly leak. I'd have to blow mine up again every so often. Now I have it sitting, empty, on a bookcase. I wonder if I should blow it up again...

Last edited:
doctorwho said:

I wonder if I should blow it up again...

:yes:

The house next door to ours is higher up because we live on a big steep hill/ mountain and they can see down into my bedroom and when they are walking in the driveway they always peer into my room if the blinds are open and they are really nosey and they think im a music freak with all my u2 posters and framed magazine cover hanging on the wall and I always play my music really loudly and I know they can hear it :slant:

Neighbour *walks past my bedroom*

Me and my sister *stacking all my cds on the window sill trying to rearrange them all*

Neighbour: :eyebrow: :eek:

Me: :wave:

I have wanted a trabant for my U2 room for a long time, just too expensive for me! I am broke :( Hopefully one of these days I will find one for under 40 bucks (that would be my limit!)

U2SJ said:
I have wanted a trabant for my U2 room for a long time, just too expensive for me! I am broke :( Hopefully one of these days I will find one for under 40 bucks (that would be my limit!)

While I want mine :yes: I do think that $400 for one of these blow-up toys is ridiculous! Since they are rare and now "old" (the last ones I recall seeing were in '93, which makes this a 10 year old item!), you might have to shell out a bit more than $40. Also, as I wrote above, be prepared for a leak here and there. However, you should NOT pay anywhere near $400 (or even $100) for what is essentially a toy!

Good luck! :wave:

I have the pop cube and an inflatable lemon. That's about as far my U2 collection goes...the pop cube sits on my desk or right now on my scanner and the lemon is shoved in my closet....

Lara Mullen said:

:yes:

The house next door to ours is higher up because we live on a big steep hill/ mountain and they can see down into my bedroom and when they are walking in the driveway they always peer into my room if the blinds are open and they are really nosey and they think im a music freak with all my u2 posters and framed magazine cover hanging on the wall and I always play my music really loudly and I know they can hear it :slant:

Neighbour *walks past my bedroom*

Me and my sister *stacking all my cds on the window sill trying to rearrange them all*

Neighbour: :eyebrow: :eek:

Me: :wave:

LOL.

I have a wimpy U2 collection (simply because I live in a small town and there's not much they sell here). Basically, I have CDs, and tapes of things I've recorded off of the T.V.

But...my family went down to Nebraska recently...and I now have U2's 2003 calendar! :).

Eventually my collection will grow. I just need to be in a place that has a variety of things to get.

Angela

doctorwho said:

While I want mine :yesGood luck! :wave:

LOL doctorwho, you better watch out I might come in through your window one night and take your trabant:mac:
You're lucky you live so far away!!!

OMG!!! DML, your sig!!! Alan Rickmanness!! *thud* Who dya like best? Snape or the sheriff of Nottingham or 'The voice of God' from Dogma? I love all his other characters too, but I just can't get over him with black hair. Hee hee, new harry potter book out in summer, and the Prisoner of Azkaban movie next year! Yay! And of course, Stitch is cute too.

Ahh I almost got an inflatable lemon... I ordered a shirt off u2.com like a year ago and I got a free set of Pop pins. If I had spent a little more money, I coulda gotten a lemon... of course, back then I was like "why a lemon?" Haha. :laugh:

I did find this on ebay... while it's not a U2 thing, I thought it was pretty awesome lol. It was $15, so I didn't buy it, I just saved the pic and printed it out :angel:

lemon.jpg

Jenni_Anne said:
OMG!!! DML, your sig!!! Alan Rickmanness!! *thud* Who dya like best? Snape or the sheriff of Nottingham or 'The voice of God' from Dogma? I love all his other characters too, but I just can't get over him with black hair. Hee hee, new harry potter book out in summer, and the Prisoner of Azkaban movie next year! Yay! And of course, Stitch is cute too.

Definitely the voice of God. :yes: ::Is a Kevin Smith fan::

However, he also makes a GREAT Snape, so I dunno. Can't really compare the two.

Dot.

Back
Top Bottom