story time!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallDownJulie

General purpose wench
i don't if anyone else has this situation, but i'm pretty fresh to U2, and i fell into it hard. it's so bad now that everything reminds me of U2. this brings me to my tale...

today at work (i'm a cashier at a plant nursery) i saw a man who looked like Bono + 30 years. i swear!!! i looked at him and thought, "hmmm... there's something about that guy. he's an old old man, but he is somewhat attractive and kinda looks like someone i kn- AH! he's bono in 30 years! future bono!"
it was so crazy!!
he was standing in line, and...
me: (waving arms wildly) "sir! i can help you over here! i can take the next in line!!"
him: "oh, i'm not ready yet..."
me : "oh."
*man leaves*
*man shows up again*
me: "sir! do you need help? are you ready to check out? i can ring you up over here!!"
him:"oh, we're still looking."
me:" oh."
*man wanders away*
*man returns*
me:"sir! i can help you over here!! are you ready, sir?? i can take the next customer!!!"
man:"hmm? oh, no. i'm waiting for some friends."
next customer in line:*goes to my register*
me:*grumble* "that'll be $23.47, ma'am."
other cashier:"next in line!"
man:"ok"
me: "noo!" *burst*

it was a tragic ending.

i would have taken pictures, but i didn't want to frighten him, or the other customers... or my empoyeer and co-workers.... or the plants...

anyway, share your stories of faux Bono or Edge or Larry or Adam sightings!!

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

John Bender: Excuse me, Dick. I mean, Rich, will milk be made available to us?
Claire Standish: I have a really low tolerance for dehydration.
Andrew Clark: I've seen her dehydrate, sir, it's pretty gross.
~breakfast club

Mag Wildwood: You know what's gonna happen to you? I am gonna march you over to the zoo and feed you to the yak.
~breakfast at tiffany's

[This message has been edited by FallDownJulie (edited 10-06-2001).]

LOL!! Julie, that is the funniest thing I've read! I nearly spit my coke all over the computer, I needed a laugh. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

lol.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

COME ON! i know other people have stories!
smile.gif

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

~breakfast club

Mag Wildwood: You know what's gonna happen to you? I am gonna march you over to the zoo and feed you to the yak.
~breakfast at tiffany's

[This message has been edited by FallDownJulie (edited 10-07-2001).]

Like many of us here I often have to do doubletakes on people in the street who vaguely resemble any of U2!

So far I have seen lookalikes of Edge and Adam. Alas no Bono... Yet! (Or Larry)

1 'Faux Adam'
In the Summer I signed on at a job agency to
get some extra cash for Studying and general living...
Anyway I went in to the office and was told to wait for 'James'. I waited, and James appeared, he came over to shake my hand and all I could do was laugh at him- he was the spitting image of Adam-complete with Glasses, strange smirk.... He led me to his desk and I sat opposite and just smiled at him- A massive cheesy grin it was all I could do- I had great difficulty talking like a sane person. I am pretty confident I worried that man- but he rang me the next day with work- packing at a ladies Lingerie factory....
I was half expecting the rest of them to appear from behind the stationary cupboard or wander past as tea ladies...

2 'Faux Edge'
We had some security checks at work. Firstly he arrived on his bike wearing a beanie. I followed this mysterious 'Edge' in my car and from the back he looked exactly like him.
I was expecting him to have some wierd face or something when I got there, but I saw him again later and he even had the same facial hair, honestly he just needed the T-shirt and Guitar. What really got me was when the receptionist turned to him and asked where his co-worker 'Larry' was today (Honest to God) I nearly dropped dead there and then.
smile.gif

Oh the other thing- My other workplace-
*Poor student- needs two jobs* We have a company newsletter, called 'The Edge' -It is kept in a massive Ringbinder with THE EDGE written on it- I had to have a look in it just incase...
It keeps me in hysterics, but my colleagues dont know why, they cant see the connection, (RETARDS!.....)
evil_lol.gif

OH! have i mentioned my "Edge Shoes"??
mona can vouch for them.
i have these shoes, and one day on PLEBA i saw a picture of the gang and i was like, "Look at Edge's shoes! i HAVE those shoes!!" from thence on,(i'm making up words) we called those shoes my Edge Shoes, because they looked exactly like Edge's shoes. The End.

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

~breakfast club

~breakfast at tiffany's

LOL to your stories btw, Macphisto_esq! i know the feeling exactly!

i needed to mention two other things:

1. at a spirit day at our school, a girl in my class applied school color makeup in a Mac Phisto fashion and i thought it was the greatest thing! i pointed it out to mona and we started laughing so hard! she got really paranoid b/c she didn't know what we were laughing at b/c she doesn't know who MacPhisto is!

.... i guess it's a "you had to be there" story.

2. ...i have no idea what i was going to write here...

oh, well

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

~breakfast club

~breakfast at tiffany's

..she doesn't know who MacPhisto is!

[/B][/QUOTE]
No, I have the same trouble, my friends have no idea who he is either- It sure as hell confuses them when I talk to them on ICQ or Yahoo- My Names are Macphisto and macphisto_esq, I think they assume I made it up- but they have started calling me it in real life now!
saevil.gif

Very, very funny stories!! Gave me a good laugh.

My own story?? It's kind of reverse.
A guy I was madly in love from the age of 13 til 20 and who brought me to U2, looks very much like Bono, but at the same time he doesn't, really strange this, wish I had a photo of him.

Oh well, in London, first row and they are on their way. Adam, Larry, Edge and then... Mattias ??(the guy?s name) I was so chocked, I actually asked myself what he was doing there. Then a thought hit me, it's NOT Mattias, for God?s sake it's Bono, I'm at a U2-show!! But to have been thinking that for a few second really bothered me because I'm really trying to forget this guy.
LOL

I know I'm crazy but this was my reaction and what I thought at that moment, honestly. I'm almost ashamed that I saw someone else when it was Bono.

This scares me sometimes, but I kind of understand why I was so madly in love with this guy for so long and why I'm a Bonoholic.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

LOL you guys!
Btw, Macphisto-esq...
a) Teach me how to get MY friends to call ME macphisto LOL. Closest I can get so far is "evil bitch". Which is actually pretty close.
b)Do you EVER look like Bono!
HOOOOOOOOLY CRAP. I checked out your pic in the pic thread and I was like ....Oooookay! It's Bono's little sister! Wooo!

My look alike story is also in reverse (Bluey drives her story around PLEBA in reverse)...My little brother looks a LOT like Larry. He moved away to Vancouver last year leaving me all alone *sniff*. Anyway, I was at the Elevation concert and near the end when they were playing "one" I look up and I see this guy who looks just like my little brother playing the drums. The angle and the lighting were just right or something. I was already so excited and emotional by that point that I burst out crying because I realized how much I miss him (And Sean, if you are reading this...I'm LYING I don't miss you you little dirtbag!
smile.gif
. Anyway, my bf leans down and is trying to figure out while I'm crying and all I can get out is "Pretty drummer looks like brother!!!"
-Bluey (who doesn't really miss her brother....what are YOU looking at!? I don't. *sniff*)

Originally posted by blueeyes:
I'm crying and all I can get out is "Pretty drummer looks like brother!!!"

awwww! bluey!! that's so cute! and funni too, of course.
smile.gif

how old is your little brother?

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant: Well she turned me into a newt!
Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant: I got better.
Crowd: BURN HER ANYWAY!
~Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Remember my art store story?

The guy who helped me looked like JT Edge with the long hair and all
biggrin.gif
I posted that many moons ago
smile.gif

"Do you need a blending stump?" -Ponytail man-

lol *behind the counter service*

*innuendo*

------------------
~*Mona FP*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"F.P. is for Furious Poet" ~Kerouac

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

lol they're magical! plauder smilies

------------------
~*Mona FP*~ / ~*Moaner*~ / ~*MonaPhisto*~
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"F.P. is for Furious Poet" ~Kerouac

"Thank you all for letting me rub up against you" ~BonoBaby~

Originally posted by blueeyes:
LOL you guys!
Btw, Macphisto-esq...
a) Teach me how to get MY friends to call ME macphisto LOL. Closest I can get so far is "evil bitch". Which is actually pretty close.
b)Do you EVER look like Bono!
HOOOOOOOOLY CRAP. I checked out your pic in the pic thread and I was like ....Oooookay! It's Bono's little sister! Wooo!

Well the title of 'Evil Bitch' is certainly a fine one indeed!
(One I myself have sported in the past and similar...)
saevil.gif

I would suggest the following...

1- Begin by calling yourself Macphisto, this means signing letters, e-mails, (cheques?!) with the hallowed title, people will soon catch on when they realise you dont answer to anything else... (of course you may end up with no friends contained in a secure padded cell diagnosed with Schizophrenia or similar...)

2- If all else fails change of Name by Depol?

Though I never had to bother, my friends are just eager to find strange names for me, they dont even know who Macphisto is!- they do now though... BWAHAHAHAAAA
saevil2.gif

The one who does- well has seen the Zoo TV video- said I talk like him- Voice and /or pompous attitude? Hmmm should I be offended.... (one advantage of being English one supposes
smile.gif
)

That is a bad pic of me! But erm thanks
smile.gif

I wish we did halloween here- well celebrated it anyway, I would love to dress up like you lot do and flounce around the streets like an over-decadent, self-important drunken Mr mac
sasmokin.gif

(oh and good story! Bluey, and everyone
smile.gif
)

I love these smileys too- Recently discovered them and now use them at every opportunity.- Sad? Perhaps
firedevil.gif

Back
Top Bottom