Story behind Eve's name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yeter

Refugee
I just got my U2 by U2 book yesterday in themail. It's pretty amazing. I wanted to share something that I thought was cool. Eve Hewson was born in 1991 on the 7th day of the 7th month at the 7th hour. Bono and Ali named her Eve because Eve is the center of the word seven. Isn't that cool?

Some other things I found interesting.

1. Adam's grandfather was a PE instructor for the RAF and his grandmother played piano in a dance band!

2. Larry was an altar boy!

3. Kirsty Macoll came up with the track listing for the Joshua Tree

4. The song Fourth of July from Unforgettable Fire was written to commemorate the birth of Edge's first daughter.

5. Adam's bass teacher Patrick Pfeiffer wrote a book called Bass Playing for Dummies. Adam says "it's a good book and I'm going to try to pay more attention to it."

I'm a sucker for trivia:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Wow, thank you for the info.
I ordered my copy of the book at Amazon, but they said it will be shipped on sept. 28. It's not that bad since I am away on holiday for the next weeks and I'll have something to look forward to when I return. :hyper:

Galeongirl said:
well, because MLK is one of Bono's biggest hero's, he might've named her Memphis in honor of him?

Possible! But definitely not named after an assassination, as Babydoll said. I was thinking about the "Eve" part.

Naming someone after the place of their death isn't really honoring anyone. That just seems like bad taste to me. I doubt anyone would name someone after a place where one of their heroes died.

I wouldn't name any kids "Dakota" to honor the memory of John Lennon. :huh:

How are people getting U2byU2 already?? I preordered the deluxe edition off Amazon, and it said it won't be here until like the 28th October! I can't wait that long! :scream:

That is the coolest story about how Evie was named. I really like this bit of trivia! Thanks for sharing for those of us who don't have the book. Now........ MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom