Stories for Pleba Girls Part XIII - Browneyedgirl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
It's not letting me post my story!!!
mad.gif

I will keep trying....

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 10-22-2001).]

The suspense is gonna kill us Mrs. Edge!!

wink.gif

------------------
Lift My Days
Light Up My Nights

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
-I have to go to class, I will read it when I get home....please work stupid ass thing!
-Bluey

------------------
"It costs a fortune to look this trashy." - Bono.
Bluephisto

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I have to go to class, I will read it when I get home....please work stupid ass thing!
-Bluey

------------------
Bluephisto

Maybe if I try it in small bits....

He?s a Mystery to Me

It was 9:30am on a Monday morning, and Amy sat at her desk, sipping an Irish cream coffee and wondering why the phone was unusually quiet that morning. It was a lucky thing actually, because her mind was in another time, another place. She had been to the South Bend show just a few days ago, and had still not come down from her cloud. The affairs of the warehouse, which mattered little to her on a daily basis as it was, mattered even less now. This job paid the bills, but that was about it. She longed to escape and fulfill her life?s dreams, but for now, escapism was met through fantasizing about U2 with her friends on Pleba.

Amy logged onto the internet and highlighted her Pleba bookmark, the first in her ?internet favourites?. She wasn?t really supposed to be on the internet at work, but it came with her computer, and she wasn?t about to ask that it be removed! Besides, she thought of it as one of the few perks that the company owed her for having to put up with them. If she were caught, she?d just say that she needed it to look up companies and products, or that she only surfed at lunch and on her breaks. She was resigned to the fact that she was bound to be caught in the act sooner or later, but didn?t care. It was too difficult to concentrate on anything else during the long, boring workday, especially in the middle of a tour, and with the possibility of going to Vegas looming large in her thoughts.

She began to methodically work her way through the different Pleba threads. She was especially pleased to notice that her South Bend photos thread was near the top of the list. She clicked it, and scrolled to the bottom of the page.

blueyedboy
Babyface

Hi, browneyedgirl, those are some great pics. Are you a professional photographer? Especially loved the pic of you.
smile.gif

----
?I want a close-up of that face??

Oh! This was intriguing?another new boy on Pleba. And he liked her picture! Amy began to grin and blush as she wrote her reply.

?Thank you!
smile.gif
redface.gif
No, I certainly am not a professional photographer, but I wish I were, it?s one of my lifelong dreams. Welcome to Pleba. I?m glad you haven?t run screaming from here yet!
biggrin.gif
Were you at the South Bend show??

She wished he would answer her right away. This was very exciting. She wondered if he was attractive, and if maybe, just maybe, he had created his online name to match hers. That was a scary but exciting prospect. Amy checked back on Pleba roughly every five minutes, her mood becoming sourer with each futile attempt. How could he leave her hanging this way? What they said about watched kettles applied triply so to watched message boards. This was very annoying. Finally, just as she was hanging up from her last customer service call of the day, about five minutes before she was due to leave, she noticed her thread had returned to the top of the board. With a small squeak of delight, and lightning speed she clicked her link. Much as she enjoyed replies from her Pleba friends, this time, she really hoped it was him. AND IT WAS!

?Hi again. Yes, I was at the South Bend show actually. Could I maybe email you about it? We could compare notes. I went to all the shows of the first two legs, and am going to be at all the shows of this leg. Are you going to any other shows? Maybe we could meet up??

He went to ALL THE SHOWS? She had heard of dedicated fans before, but this was ridiculous. Where did he get the time and money to do this? Or the stamina? No one could take GA for that length of time day in and day out and not come away from it broken, ill and ruined. He must have had seats for many of those shows. Maybe he was some sort of wealthy slacker with a trust account.

?Yes, please feel free to email me, I?d love to chat. How do you get to go to all the shows? *am so jealous!* Tell me, who is your favourite band member? I?m a Bono girl myself.
biggrin.gif
Anyway, I am not going to any other shows that I know of, unless there?s some way I could get to Vegas. I?d really, really, REALLY like to go to the Vegas show!!! Email me when you get a second.? With a great rush of excitement, Amy wrote out her email address, posted her message and rushed straight home. No sooner was she in the door, but she turned on her computer. She couldn?t place it, but she had an odd feeling about this. Maybe this would be the start of the romance of her life?

Once she had logged into her email, there was a message. Again, the message was from blueeyedboy. The title was ?Me again!?: ?Hello again, browneyedgirl. To answer your question?well, you could say that U2 is my life. When U2 goes on tour, so do I. I put everything else in my life, friends, family, extra curricular pursuits, on hold. I realize I am a very fortunate person to be able to do this. One of the best parts about it is being able to meet U2 fans across the world. My favourite band member?well it depends on the day. But mostly I have a soft spot for the Edge. But the main thing I wanted to tell you is I have a few connections, and would easily be able to get you a ticket for Vegas, and even a backstage pass. Would you be interested in meeting up with me at the Vegas show??

Amy thought she?d pass out with amazement. She wondered if this was some kind of prank. The backstage pass thing was a dead giveaway. She barely knew this guy and already he was promising her the moon and the stars. Then again, U2 fans were an unusual breed, and were always doing generous things for each other at the drop of a hat. But why her? Why now? Her heart beating more quickly, she typed with shaking fingers??You would do that for me? You barely know me! Of course it sounds thrilling?it?s just that I don?t know that I have enough money to go to Vegas at this stage. Oh, I wish you wouldn?t tease me this way. What is your name by the way? Mine?s Amy.?

After sending posting her message, Amy did a search of the entire Interference board for other postings by blueyedboy. She only found three other postings. One was in the ?U2 songs you hate? thread, where he wrote, ?Oh, I don?t know! I thought that was quite a good tune!? The second was in the ?Tony the Bono Clone? thread. ?C?mon now girls, you wouldn?t want Bono to think he was being replaced by a younger and taller model now would you? That would make him cry.? The third was in Mrs. Edge?s thread about her sign to the Edge. It said, ?Mrs. Edge, I have a hunch that Mr. The Edge was very flattered by this, and I?m sure that if Bono were able to pull you up at that moment, he would have.? This guy sounded like a very kind and compassionate person.

All evening, Amy waited for him to respond. Nothing. She couldn?t concentrate on TV, on Pleba, on eating, listening to music, reading?nothing. She wanted to hear more from her mystery man. She had been single for a while and a secret a romance with a stranger was just what she needed. She looked up U2?s touring schedule and thought about how they were playing a concert at that very moment. That was it! If her mystery man went to every show, he hadn?t responded because he was in the GA line, and in the show. Relief flooded through her, and she dove into a container of Haagen Dazs butterscotch swirl ice cream to calm her frayed nerves.

Sweet tooth satisfied, she crawled into bed, but left her computer on, just in case. Just as Amy finally started to fall asleep at about 1am, she heard a ?ding? on her computer, the telltale sign that there was a message waiting. Bolting out of bed, Amy rushed over to her computer. It was from him!! Hoorayyy! Her heart pounding in her ears, she opened the message.

?Hi Amy! That?s a beautiful name. It was an excellent show tonight. I thought of you, and wished you were here, especially during Sweetest Thing. Listen, I promise you, I?m not teasing. I know some people (I don?t want to say who, in case I get into trouble) and U2 are putting together a book of photographs taken by fans on this tour. I think that yours are good enough that you could be a major contributor! This could really get your career started. I will make some calls, and arrange for you to come over as an official photographer. What do you think? I really, really want you to come to Vegas. I?m still a child, no one tells me no! LOL! Do you have instant messenger? Maybe we could chat about this??

Amy couldn?t type her answer fast enough.

?Are you kidding me? Are you still online? I do have messenger! I?d love to talk! I can?t sleep anyway!? Peering into the glare of her screen through the darkness, Amy drummed her fingers nervously. She didn?t know whether to trust this guy. He could be a total scam artist! Why wouldn?t he tell her his name? Maybe he just forgot. Oh, how she wanted to trust him?

Suddenly, up popped ?You have an instant message from blueyedboy. Do you accept, or do you want to block this person?? Amy accepted the message.

?Hi again Amy! Glad I caught you.
smile.gif
?

?Hi again?you. What is your name??

?Not telling?Not until I get to meet you in person.?

?But why??

?Because it?s much more mysterious and romantic this way, isn?t it??

?But I told you MY name!?

?I never asked you to! But I?m glad you did. I promise you, I?ll tell you who I am if you take me up on my offer and come to Vegas.?

?I am sorely tempted, but I don?t know anything about you! What do you look like? What do you do??

?What do I look like? Well, I have blue eyes?.
wink.gif
Hmmm. I?ve only ever had one job. I dream out loud. At high volume! I?ll tell you about it when I meet you in person.? Amy rolled her eyes. Who did this guy think he was, Bono?

?You?re impossible.? She typed, laughing as she did.

?Did I disappoint you? Leave a bad taste in your mouth? Maybe you wanted to meet someone with a real job.?

?No, it?s not that. I want to meet a man who loves what he does, whatever it is, just as I want to find fulfillment in what I do. I just wish you would tell me more about yourself. I?m dying of curiosity.?

?Curiosity killed the CatDubh!
biggrin.gif
Tell ya what. Let?s talk about anything except my name, what I look like and what I do. That would be enough to give you a pre-conceived notion of what I am. I want to talk to you about things we have in common, our loves and interests and things that really matter. Even things that don?t. What do you think??

?Well,? thought Amy, ?it?s easy for him to talk, he already knows my name and what I look like!? While Amy was mildly annoyed by his reticence, she was nonetheless intrigued. Now she began to wonder if the man on the other end, rather than being gorgeous might be ashamed of how he looked. Looks were important, but Amy wanted to know more about this man. The goal was soul!

They messaged each other for the rest of the night, discussing every topic under the sun, flirting outrageously. He had such a poetic and charming way of putting things, and such insight into U2?s songs and the meaning of the lyrics! He was so sweet and so kind, yet so confident and sexy. With every word, Amy found herself falling more and more in love. By the end of the evening, she had agreed to go to Vegas.

?I?m so glad, Amy. I will send you an airline ticket. I will make arrangements that you can stay between the ramp and the heart for the whole show. I?ll come over and find you. OK??

?Thank you so, so much!!! But couldn?t we just meet before the show??

?Amy, I think you and I were destined to meet IN the show, when we will both be at our best and happiest.?

?OK?but how will I recognize you??

?Don?t worry, I?ll recognize you, and I?ll let you know who I am. See you then!?

Amy signed off and switched off her computer. It was 5:30am. She had never felt so exhausted, yet so fulfilled. The next day at work, she felt like the walking dead. With dark circles under her eyes, she was unable to think about anything else but her impending meeting, and whether she would speak to blueyedboy again before the meeting.

She didn?t have long to wait. Every day she heard from him, for the most part late in the afternoon, and following U2 shows in the wee hours. To her dismay, she soon learned that he was also a huge flirt, especially with the other Pleba girls, who had no idea what was going on between the two of them. Just as he was at the point of driving her insane with jealousy, he would send her long poems professing his undying love, with flowers and gifts arriving mysteriously at her desk with no return address. The night before her departure to Vegas, they had one last conversation.

?Amy my love, Sunday night I will finally feast my eyes upon your heavenly face.?

?I know! I am so excited. I am beyond caring what you look like, I just want to throw my arms around you.?

?Really??

?All I know is that I love you. I have never felt this way about anyone in my life. When this tour is over, I want to spend every second I can with you.?

?Me too, Amy.?

?I never thought I?d see the day that I?d wish for a U2 tour to hurry up and end!?

?Me too.?

?I love you?.?

?I love you too. See you on Sunday! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I?ll say goodnight ?till it be morrow.?

Finally, it was Sunday, November 18th, at 8:45pm. Amy had spent a wonderful day exploring Las Vegas, and visiting her poor Interference friends who were stuck in the GA line. After changing outfits several times, she had finally taken her place on Edge?s side of the ramp, close to the front, as per blueyedboy?s instructions. This was to be her perch for the remainder of the evening. He had not left her any messages since they had said goodbye on Friday night. Her eyes had anxiously scanned the arena many times over since 7:00, but there was no sign of anyone looking for her. Where WAS he??? Suddenly?..

?Dum da dum dum dum dum DUM da dum da dum da dum DAH dum da dum! Loooove looove love?..? It was the Beatles. The show was starting. An involuntary squawk escaped Amy?s throat. The pressure of having to take photos for a U2 book, and meeting her mystery man AND seeing U2 from this vantage point were beginning to take their toll as she tried to hold onto her camera with her clammy, shaking fingers. She wanted to be as joyful as the people around her, but her overwhelming emotion was fear.

FINALLY, Elevation began, and Bono leapt onto the stage with the graceful abandon of a panther. Amy furiously shot photos throughout Elevation and Beautiful Day, barely paying any attention to what was going on around her, so involved was she with her task.

?JESUUUUS! This is JUUUUDAS!? Bono roared as Until The End of the World began. Immediately he strode in her direction. ?Uh, oh!? Thought Amy. Here comes Bono! The love of my life, except maybe for blueyedboy! I wonder if he knows that I?m taking pictures for this book.? Bono posed and preened, at one point grabbing her camera and taking pictures of himself, and her! Amy was so flustered she blushed and giggled helplessly in the face of Bono?s dimpled delight.

Finally, after Edge had finished attacking Bono with his guitar at the climax of the matador scene, he strode back along the ramp, stopping a few feet from Amy, grinning mischievously at her. This was odd, but very nice! Did they want her to shoot something for the book? Amy stood, camera at the ready, as Bono lay on the stage in the total silence. Slowly he stood, as Edge began to pluck out some unusual but familiar notes. ?Da da dum da da-da da dum da da-da da dum da da dum da da da?? Bono strode over to Amy, addressing the audience as he removed his shades and threw them to a nearby security guard. ?This is a Van Morrison song??, Crouching in front of Amy, he held her hand as he sang. Slowly, as the song unfolded, Amy?s jaw hit the floor. No. It couldn?t be. Could this mean???
Hey where did we go, days when the rains came.
Down in the hollow, playin' a new game.
Laughin' and a runnin' , hey hey, skippin' and a jumpin'
in the misty mornin' fog with our hearts a thumpin' and you,
My Brown-Eyed Girl
You my Brown-Eyed Girl
Now what ever happened, Tuesdays and so slow,
Goin' down the old mine, with a transistor radio
standin' in the sunlight laughin'
hidin' behind a rainbow wall
Slippin' and a slidin', all along the waterfall with you,
My Brown-Eyed Girl
You my Brown-Eyed Girl.
Do you remember when, ah we used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
la dee dah
So hard to find my way, now that I'm all on my own
I saw you just the other day, oh my how you have grown,
Cast my memory back there Lord
Sometimes I'm overcome thinkin' bout,
makin love in the green grass, behind the Thomas and Mack Arena with you!
My Brown-Eyed Girl
AMY, my Brown-Eyed Girl.
Do you remember when, ah we used to sing
la dee dah
Had Amy?s camera not been strapped to her neck, she surely would have dropped it on the floor. Grinning deliriously, she was at a complete loss for words. Bono knelt down and threw his arms around her. ?Blueyedboy doesn?t have to miss browneyedgirl any more!? he purred in her ear.

?uuuuugh!? Amy replied, her eyes shining with adoration. Bono winked seductively. ?See you backstage after the show!? And he was off as Adam began New Years Day.

After the show, Amy proceeded backstage. The first person she ran into was The Edge, who beamed sweetly at her, his green eyes glowing with delight.

?Hi Amy! Bono?s just showering, he?ll be out in a minute. Please give the Orgasmatron girls my regards!?

?I think they?d like it better if YOU gave them your regards, Edge!? Edge blushed and disappeared around the corner. Finally, Bono?s dressing room door opened, and he motioned for Amy to join him inside.

?I can?t believe it!? she whispered, tears rimming her eyes. Bono hugged her gently, resting his chin on her head.

?You see why I couldn?t tell you? There was no way we could have developed a normal relationship with you knowing. Thank God for the internet. I owe Edge big time.?

Bono let go of Amy and held her in front of him, by the shoulders so he could look into her eyes. When he saw the expression on her face, his own eyes began to mist over. If a picture is worth 1,000 words, a kiss is worth a million. Wiping the tears from her eyes with his thumbs, Bono leaned in and softly, slowly, his lips met hers. The only sound in the room was their breathing, their heartbeats, and the creaking of leather as Bono and Amy wrapped their arms tightly around each other. Soon the kisses became more passionate, probing, aggressive. Gasping for air, Bono buried his face in her neck, gently nibbling her skin and inhaling her scent. As he licked her earlobe, he whispered, ?Come with me to LA tomorrow, and when this tour is over, run away with me. We have a lot of catching up to do.? Amy didn?t have to be asked twice.

The End.

WTF??? Now my reply disappeared
confused.gif

Anyway-to say it again-I loved it!! Esp. the PLEBA angle-wow-quite intriguing

Bono was 'up to his usual tricks ' in that one

And 'Brown Eyed Girl'-I've always loved that song-swoon....

Mine's NEXT, and I am giddy w/ anticipation!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*claps* Lovely lovely story mrs edge. I always enjoy them so much
biggrin.gif
I really get into the story and I feel as if I were there *sigh*
smile.gif

I only hope to be in one of those stories one day
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

That was brillant Jess......
Thank you,thank you,thank you !!!!!

Just what I needed considering my foul mood of late....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I've had to read this at my desk (which was'nt easy trust me,normally I'm not blushing sitting at my desk!!!)
So I'll have a longer post when I get home and really get to tell you my favorite parts....

It was great Jess.....well worth the wait!!!

Wooohoo! Great story! Very cute! I loved it! I needed it this morning too. You rock Jess!

WOW!

And just as I was reading it, STUCK came on the radio! *imagines Bono singing to her*

Ah....to dance w/ him...if only *sighs and dissolves in a fit of girlish giggles*

Jessica! Great!! I don't know how you do it- keep thinking up these great story lines! I definitely loved the IMing by the computer, *holding my breath* and waittting! i wanted to scream to Amy: "It's BONO! It's Bono!"
smile.gif
I can't keep secrets anyway ! lol

Another great story- so sweet he sang Brown Eyed Girl!! awww!! And I love it when Edge tells the Orgasmatron girls hello! lol. I'm going to try and get these up on my site for you soon! bravo, bravo!!

------------------
She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul
And she teach me how to sing

* U2TakeMeHigher *

YAY Mrs Edge the PLEBA mastermind does it again. Your stories are so cool, I feel like I'm actually there.
smile.gif

WOO HOO JESS!!! I LOVED THIS ONE!!! Guess it's cos I'm a web FREAK and would LOVE to meet one of the guys this way...how great would that be???????

But THIS...is this for real? Did you hear about this somewhere??

"U2 are putting together a book of photographs taken by fans on this tour."

I think they could pretty much take ALL of Otto's pictures and create a huge catalog of all his amazing pictures throughout the years....he certainly deserves it!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks Jess...again, EXCELLENT as ever!

Disco

Great story Jess!!
biggrin.gif
I love the part about
Bono posting about your sign in Montreal...lol

Going online will never be the same again!
tongue.gif

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

Originally posted by She ls Raging:

Going online will never be the same again!
tongue.gif

Your telling me
wink.gif
!!!!

Well, I read it again , now that I'm home,now that I can really take it all in and I must say.....it's GREAT...

I can't relly pick what I liked best, because I loooovvveeed the whole thing....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jess , you captured my personality perfect for someone you don't really know....you do such a great job on these ,I think all the PLEBA girls who have gotten one written for them appreciate it so much !!!
You are a literary treasure here...if nowhere else....
biggrin.gif

This story put a smile on my face tonight ....Thanks again....

Oh and the fourteen year old Amy (the girl who had this kind of fantasy EVERYDAY of her life )Thanks you also....
wink.gif

Wooooooooo hooooooooo!
That Bono fellow sure gets around doesn't he?
Lol. Very sweet, I love Bono's online witticisms! Cool, I am so glad that you did get it up *heh heh* Sorry sorry.
*hugs*
*does the wayne's world, I'm not worthy bow*
-Blueeyes

------------------
Bluephisto

YAY!
xyxthumbs.gif
Another great story, Jess! I really liked how it took place over the internet- the IMing and emails were so cute. And I loved Edge's acknowledgement of the Orgasmatron girls!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom