Stories for...eh...us!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
I've noticed over my time here that there's a million little anecdotes about funny stuff that's really happened to the boys.

Post 'em here! Now!
smile.gif
*moth flies out of computer* I dont' have any of my own
frown.gif
I need to buy some of those books.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

i don't know any stories that i haven't read here. but, i'm saving this thread cause i'd love to read some too.

(have to buy flannagan book! have to! have to!)

------------------
"I can't believe the news today,
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away.
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...
'cause tonight...we can be as one."

Love to all of you,
Emily

Originally posted by WildHonee:

Post 'em here! Now!
smile.gif
*moth flies out of computer* I dont' have any of my own
frown.gif
I need to buy some of those books.

Which books are actually any good? Haven't bothered so far as everyone tells me Dunphy's one is rubbish and can't find any others in the shops....

This is one that happened to teenage Bono and his friends, "The Village," which included Guggi and Gavin and other Virgin Prunes. It was October, and they took a ferry boat over to Wales to go camping. Bono packed some mint potatoes and I think Edge had some sandwiches. They had a small tent. Bono had met a girl named Mandy there the year before, and he figured he'd track her down and she would take them in and feed them. After they got there, they realized they didn't have any money, so they had to conserve the food. They agreed they would not eat until the second day.When they found Mandy, she said she had another boyfriend now and didn't like Bono any more.(FOOL!)She sent them away, cold and hungry.(BITCH!) That night it rained and their little tent was blown around. It was cold, too. One of the guys caught Bono trying to hit the food supply. Bono was wearing nothing but his underpants, a shirt and a plastic mac. The guy kicked Bono in the butt and a fight broke out! One of the guys had asthma and he went into an attack. They wandered into town looking for a Doctor. They found one and he said the boy had to go home. Walking through the town, Gavin yelled rude things at old people, trying to 'vibe them out' as he always said. Somebody called the constable and complained about a 'wild teenage Irish gang' plundering their town! The boys ran back to the queue for the ferry home. They were wet and cold and hungry and penniless. The wait was long. They went into the mens' room to dry themselves with the hand blowers, but they were broken! Desperate, they went into the ladies' room and stood under the hand blowers, using them for heat and in a feeble attempt to dry their hair and clothes before they caught pneumonia. How would you like to have walked in on that scene? They finally made it home, worse for the wear of their adventure. Good thing nothing like that would ever happen to Bono now! As for Mandy, she's likely kicked herself so hard her butt is up between her shoulders by now!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
Bono packed some mint potatoes

When they found Mandy, she said she had another boyfriend now and didn't like Bono any more.(FOOL!)She sent them away, cold and hungry.(BITCH!)

Bono was wearing nothing but his underpants, a shirt and a plastic mac.

trying to 'vibe them out' as he always said.

they went into the ladies' room and stood under the hand blowers, using them for heat and in a feeble attempt to dry their hair and clothes before they caught pneumonia. How would you like to have walked in on that scene?
lol!!!!!!!!!! Yeah this is the kind of stories I'm talking about! Post me some more!!

Lol come Monday I'll be walking around school talking about vibing ppl out.
smile.gif

PS Where were Bono's pants?!

PPS What in heaven's name are mint potatoes and why do I find it so adorable?!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

I don't know what happened to his pants maybe they were so wet he *sigh* took-them-off! I would love to have been there! Mint potatoes don't sound too good, but he likes them! He also likes Shepard's Pie.

Do you know the one about how Larry turned the hose on all the neighborhood kids at U2's first meeting at his house because they wouldn't quit staring? How about Adam being kicked out of school for streaking? I don't think Edge ever did anything wrong!

This ironic now that they are so rich, but Bono and his pre-U2 friends didn't like rich people and would ride to the rich side of town and 'moon' them- I'd like to see that too!

I like mint potatoes
biggrin.gif
No really I do, and shepherds pie.
I love reading stories like that. More more more (please
smile.gif
)

I don't know what happened to his pants maybe they were so wet he *sigh* took-them-off! I would love to have been there! Mint potatoes don't sound too good, but he likes them! He also likes Shepard's Pie.

Do you know the one about how Larry turned the hose on all the neighborhood kids at U2's first meeting at his house because they wouldn't quit staring? How about Adam being kicked out of school for streaking? I don't think Edge ever did anything wrong!

This ironic now that they are so rich, but Bono and his pre-U2 friends didn't like rich people and would ride to the rich side of town and 'moon' them- I'd like to see that too!
Let's invent a time machine!!!!!!!
smile.gif

lol -- how come they all used to run around nekkid and now THEY DON'T?!

Larry *soakin wet* What was he staring at?

TO EVERYONE GOING TO THE SHOWS: Bring a hose and hose 'em down! *slightly illegal*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

When Bono was 11, he had a mean teacher who was very unfair to him. He knew she always ate her lunch on a park bench. One day he followed her, snuck up behind her and threw a pile of dog shit on her food!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
When Bono was 11, he had a mean teacher who was very unfair to him. He knew she always ate her lunch on a park bench. One day he followed her, snuck up behind her and threw a pile of dog shit on her food!
biggrin.gif

OMG!!!!!!
1. That teacher is probably kicking herself
2. Bono was quite a troubled lad!!!!!
3. Seeing as how Bono has done some stalking, he won't mind ME stalking him....

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by Jody:
I like mint potatoes
biggrin.gif
No really I do, and shepherds pie.

but.. what are they?? (same q for shepherd pie, lol, oh and yes we do have food here, but just not this)

Sorry I am not Jody, but I am bored so I will try and answer...

Shepherd's pie is a traditional dish, consisting of minced meat- usually beef (I think) gravy and onions together, topped with mashed potato, rather than pastry. (Stodgy British Food.)

Mint Potatoes?! Ugh- Sound vile, whatever they are.

Bono was wearing nothing but his underpants, a shirt and a plastic mac.

Considering this tour is supposed to be getting back to their roots how about they dress the part
biggrin.gif

We wouldn't kick Adam out for streaking.....

Originally posted by Macphisto_esq:

Shepherd's pie is a traditional dish, consisting of minced meat- usually beef (I think) gravy and onions together, topped with mashed potato, rather than pastry. (Stodgy British Food.)

!!!!!!! That's not even a PIE!!!!!!!
smile.gif

PS Does Bono eat fish n chips, or is that a made-up stereotypical Brit/imported person food?

PPS Would Russell Crowe be offended if I called him a kiwi?

PPPS Is 'crikey' a bad word overseas? I said it one day and some random teacher got mad at me.

I'm getting cultured

------------------
~*Mona*~

!!!!!!! That's not even a PIE!!!!!!!
smile.gif

PS Does Bono eat fish n chips, or is that a made-up stereotypical Brit/imported person food?
hmm, no idea.. but i dont like it. has sour or something over it.. (dunno whatsit called)

PPS Would Russell Crowe be offended if I called him a kiwi?
depends on the situation i think
biggrin.gif
(dont ask, lol)

PPPS Is 'crikey' a bad word overseas? I said it one day and some random teacher got mad at me.
*gives this question to an overseas-english-speaking-person*

"Paul was a cranky baby. He cried most of the day. Peace only settled on the new house after he went to bed where, exhausted from the trauma of his waking hours, he slept long and soundly"

From "Unforgettable Fire - The Story of U2"

This one is too funny!

"Norman listened to Bobby, Paul didn't or at least didn't pay any attention. Norman didn't lose his school books. Norman stayed quiet while Bobby relaxed with his record player in the evening. Paul sang along, or otherwise intruded. Bobby was a stern father. He liked to be obeyed, and would occasionally banish Paul from the room. Paul would linger, try to have the last word. One night Bobby lost his cool, picked the scamp up and physically removed him from the room. All went quiet. Ten minutes later Bobby left his armchair to investigate - and there just outside the living room door lay a banana skin, left by Paul, who lurked in the shadows of the hall waiting patiently for his dad to slide to defeat."

lol at sweet pea's story. bono was being bad. i think he needs a spanking...
wink.gif

volunteers? *emily raises hand*
biggrin.gif

------------------
And make it go away.
How long...
How long? How long...

Love to all of you,
Emily

Did y'all here the one about how the Ramones saved U2? They were in a classroom at their high school practicing, and a man from a TV talent show was coming to see them audition for his show. They were having a hard time playing the song they'd written, and they couldn't get it right. They turned on each other and started hitting each other with the instruments! Then the man showed up, and they somehow got the message to each other to play a Ramones song they all knew. He didn't know it was a Ramones son and he let them on the show, where they played their own song and won!

------------------
***Just a U2 lovin' girl!***

SP, I remember reading these stories in the Eamon Dunphy book, and for this particular story I *vividly* remember thinking "OMIGOD, IT STARTED EVEN BACK THEN!!!"
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Did it also go on to say that he constantly wanted attention as a baby as well?

Isn't it funny how a person's personality is formed at such a young age. If I had a kid like Bono, I probably would have kicked him out onto the street at 6! Good thing his mom seemed to understand him...which obviously makes it all the more poignant that she died when he was so young...obviously Bobby never understood him, he was just always trying to get him to shut up and shape up! (well, that's never changed) Hehehe... *pictures young Bono being naughty*

Yeah, give that boy a spanking!! OH ME! ME! ME!!!!!! *gets in line*

Disco

Originally posted by SweetPea:
"Paul was a cranky baby. He cried most of the day. Peace only settled on the new house after he went to bed where, exhausted from the trauma of his waking hours, he slept long and soundly"

From "Unforgettable Fire - The Story of U2"

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Yeah, give that boy a spanking!! OH ME! ME! ME!!!!!! *gets in line*

Disco

*bluuuuuuuuush* Lol naught Mini-Bono
smile.gif
I wonder if he still does things like that

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by Discoteque:
SP, I remember reading these stories in the Eamon Dunphy book, and for this particular story I *vividly* remember thinking "OMIGOD, IT STARTED EVEN BACK THEN!!!"
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Did it also go on to say that he constantly wanted attention as a baby as well?

Yeah, Disco...it went on to say a lot about how he wanted attention as a baby....as a baby, as a child, as a teen...pretty much all the time! But we all love him anyways
redface.gif
)

Talk about kicking yourself....

I live in a town in Mass right near Seekonk MA, which was mentioned in Bill's book (something like "they spent so much time in New Englad you would have thought they lived in Seekonk") boik! Anywayyy I was talking to a friend/fan the other day and she told me a story of how her friend was at a bbque with the band and the guys wanted to go out (probably to Providence, since this was in RI) but they were all smelly and sweaty so they asked this woman if they could go back to her place and shower. And she said NO!!! *slaps woman with stupid stick*
Can you imagine??!! She must be kicking herself!

Can you imagine U2 asking to use your SHOWER?

Larry: "em, why are you in the bathroom with me?"
Innocent Girl: "Oh, I thought you said you wanted a *sponge* bath"

*faint*

------------------
Because Love is big
And Love is tough
But Love is not what you're thinking of

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

U2 in MY shower??!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!! *Shuts and locks the door, bathroom steams up**baby you can guess the rest!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Macphisto_esq:

Spot on Mac_Esq. YUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYY! Mint potatoes are just potatoes that have a bit of mint shoved in them. I agree they sound vile but really they aren't
smile.gif

LMAO at stereotypical british stodge!
biggrin.gif

Everyone eats fish and chips. Don't they? Do people in the US eat them. They must do. OK I'm getting worried now. You people haven't lived until you get nice greasy fish and chips after you've been out drinking on a Friday night.

confused.gif
biggrin.gif

i hate fish and chips. maybe i wouldn't last long in london...

------------------
And make it go away.
How long...
How long? How long...

Love to all of you,
Emily

Just as an afterthought. I make a fantastic shepherds pie. Maybe if I cook one and take it round to Bono's house, he will love it so much that he will take me on tour as his chef. What do you think?

*dashes to shop to buy truck-loads of mince and mint potatoes*

Jody
(who will stoop to any level to go on tour with Bono
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
Mint potatoes rule the world.

Yes, we have fish and chips, but it's not called that. Over here, chips are the hard, crisp potato chips and our equal of your 'chips' is called french fries. We eat lots of the batter dipped deep fried fish with french fries at Capt'n D's and Long John Silver's, two fast food chains that specialize in such things. There are some places in larger cities that sell authentic British fish n' chips, greasy and wrapped in a newspaper! Not that Long John Silver's isn't usually greasy itself, and you can even get the 'cracklin' bits'(little pieces of fried batter that broke off in the grease!) with them! Tasty, artery-clogging goodness!
wink.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom