Stills of U2 on Late Night w/Conan O'Brien

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jam Jar said:
when the hell did the secrets sketch come on?! I watched the whole thing...o_O so confused...the vid link isn't working, btw >.<

It was shown on Friday night's show after the opening monologue.

The video link is working. Remove the space between yousend and it when you paste the link into your browser's address bar.

Queen Bee said:

I don't like Bono and Larry's hair. Bono's hair has gone through so many transformations to the point where I think it looks unnatural. Larry needs to lay off the hair gel and get a haircut. :shrug:

I share your opinion about Larry. I can not say the same about your opinion on Bono, I really like the way his hair looks lately. But I love the man no matter how he looks and love is blindness, so perhaps that’s why I can’t see it.:wink:

Thanks for the still, they’re gorgeous.

queen bee, you are amazing!
how did you get such great quality skills? what program are you using?
thanks a million for the link!

Queen Bee said:

Because everyone has a difference of opinion. I know you don't care for Bono's Pop era appearance and how you believe that Adam looks ancient. I respect that even though I don't personally agree with your views. What I don't understand is why some people can never accept any negative criticism towards the band no matter how petty it is; especially in this case. Come on, it's just hair :huh:

I don't like Bono and Larry's hair. Bono's hair has gone through so many transformations to the point where I think it looks unnatural. Larry needs to lay off the hair gel and get a haircut. :shrug:

I agree, also, me saying I don't particularly like this style of Bono's hair isn't by any means and outpouring of hatred. The problem with Bono's hair is this - it's thinning, he's balding. Say what you want, but it's true. He (or his stylist) does a DAMN good job of covering it up, b/c the only times I've really noticed it have been when I was standing within feet of him (and the first time it took me by surprise was in 2002...so this has been going on for quite a while now). Like they say on What Not To Wear, keeping your hair long ultimately does not work when you're trying to give the impression that there's more hair. Bono's one step away from a comb-over!

We had this same problem w/ my dad. His hair used to be styled like Bono's (without the artificial color) until we finally convinced him that he wasn't fooling anyone. My little sis cut it down and it looks WAY better.

Also, I think if Bono got it cut, it would curl more (see Beautiful Day era pics), and I LOVE dark, curly hair on guys!!!

Thanks! Queen Bee, your stills are awesome! better than the way it looked on my T.V.

Edge and Bono were very funny In the year 2000 and Conan did good too. Unbelievable! I thought it was great.

Thanks for the U2 Secrets link. I saw that last night but didn't get to tape it. So funny too!

0conansecrets16.jpg

0conansecrets17.jpg

:lol:

looks at Lars face!! What was going on here???

Great stills! I caught the episode cuz I had seen a post in one of the threads about it. Bono's was hilarious! :lmao:

By the way... where was Adam? :scratch:

Hey is there a YSI to the whole show?? Or is it too long? It looks so much fun... pleeaasseeee :D

:laugh: That segment was great and I laughed again just looking at the stills.

:bow: Queen Bee :bow:

perhaps Larry is nearsighted, and couldn't see the teleprompter. Or farsighted and the letters were too small? My husband's eyes are supposedly 20/20, but as you get older, you can't read things very well and you need the magnifying/reading glasses. But I wear prescription, and am near-sighted so.... Ok, now I'm rambling :giggle:

Queen Bee said:
Have any of you watched the sketch? The look on Larry's face had nothing to do with his vision; it was intentional for the sketch :|

:lol: exactly

and thanks, QB! excellent quality stills, as usual :bow:

I like watching the bottle of Jack myself - easy to see who was first in the skit if they used the same bottle - yes I am a geek - very aware of this fact

:shh: Larry was first

Queen Bee you are the best!
The Secrets sketch was great :laugh: and thanks for the stills :drool:
Only 46 hours till the whole show's finished downloading :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom