Stills of the iTunes Vertigo ad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:

edgejump.gif

:wink:

That is awesome! The Amazing Jumping Edge. Someone must have put a mexican jumping bean in that man.

*waits for someone to stick it in their sig*

Last edited:
:drool: OH MY GOD!!! - NEW Screen saver - New Screen Saver!!!! The chest is just too much for me!! - I had a cold was feeling badly - now I feel much better!

I'm really not sure how I feel about this commercial. Elaborate, expensive box sets, iPod endorsements....the little voice in the back of my head keeps whispering "sell out". :(

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I'm really not sure how I feel about this commercial. Elaborate, expensive box sets, iPod endorsements....the little voice in the back of my head keeps whispering "sell out". :(

I have to agree with you but I guess on the other hand in some ways I'm ok with this particular commercial. If they gave their song to a company to sell some random thing that had nothing to do with them and/or music then I'd be pissed. I hate when I hear one of my favorite songs by someone in an ad selling the latest sneaker or car or toothpaste. Beautiful Day could be used by so many companies to market why it would be a "beautiful day" to use their product. But thankfully we won't ever see that happen if U2 sticks to their word, and I think they will. But I guess since they were endorsing something that has to do with music it's a little easier to swallow. Plus it's a way for them to promote their new song vs. using sticking an old song in a commercial selling whatever just to make a buck.

arw9797 said:

I have to agree with you but I guess on the other hand in some ways I'm ok with this particular commercial. If they gave their song to a company to sell some random thing that had nothing to do with them and/or music then I'd be pissed. I hate when I hear one of my favorite songs by someone in an ad selling the latest sneaker or car or toothpaste. Beautiful Day could be used by so many companies to market why it would be a "beautiful day" to use their product. But thankfully we won't ever see that happen if U2 sticks to their word, and I think they will. But I guess since they were endorsing something that has to do with music it's a little easier to swallow. Plus it's a way for them to promote their new song vs. using sticking an old song in a commercial selling whatever just to make a buck.

I see what you're saying, I just hope they're careful and don't get carried away or stuck in some endorsement contract. Sure, iPods are for music, but iPod = Apple and that's a HUGE corporation just like Coke, Adidas, cars, whatever. I wonder if the ad would be as well received if it were for whatever music components Microsoft offer....

I guess I can let it slide....this ONE time :p

(not that I don't love Apple :drool: )

Bono and Edge have been using Apple Laptops for at least 10 years now. So it seems kind of logical. But my own personal theory..........its not them going commercial... :eyebrow:

I had people calling me up last night going 'guess what, U2 sold out! I just saw them on a commercial!' I tried to tell them it wasn't the same thing, but they didn't buy it:shrug:

Hot pics! :up:

thanks for the pics guys - I saw the commercial last night and almost died when I heard the music then I looked at the screen - oh my god!!!!
thanks again!

I have been so hungry for new U2 stuff--I am just overwhelmed at the moment. I never thought I would see them in a commmercial--but it was a commercial for their music not just using their music in a commercial.

Bono's Doll said:
I have been so hungry for new U2 stuff--I am just overwhelmed at the moment. I never thought I would see them in a commmercial--but it was a commercial for their music not just using their music in a commercial.

Yeah, I'm trying to look at it that way too:| I can sure see why people see it as a sellout though :sigh:

I wonder if I'm ever going to get used to the idea of a random U2 ad on TV - this dropping everything and cranking the volume up to 11 everytime I see the video can't be good:)

Yes, it's a dangerous line to cross. I've seen many ads for their albums, DVDs, etc, but that's way different than a commercial endorsement.

wallpaper

i have a new wallpaper! :D

wallpapercopy.jpg

what makes you think i might have been a tad bit bored today
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom