'Splain Yourself!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So, why'd you choose your user name? lol. Since the concerts have .. stopped for now... I figured we could talk about our 2nd favorite subject: ourselves!
wink.gif
And there are some interesting usernames out in interference land....

Me, oliveu2cm --> well, I saw this cute greeting card once that said "olive you" w/ an olive on the outside, and of course immediately thought "olive u2" haha and cm are my initials (i didnt know if the original was taken when i was a newbie haha)

and i really hate olives so it's sorta funny. tho i laugh now when i see them in the grocery store
YB80982.jpg

------------------
Larry: He wants me to star, but he can't afford me...
I'm too expensive.
When Bono was asked about the MDH movie

In a little while I'll be there

*%* U2 Take Me Higher *%*

Back when I knew NOTHING about the Internet, a friend set up a Hotmail account for me. He asked me what name I wanted, and I said for him to just pick one. The result? Menomineechick..."Menominee" being our town, "chick" because I'm a chick! I grew tired of that though, and I decided I wanted a new email addy. Since "Bono" was taken (obviously) I chose "Bonochick"...and the name stuck with me as an Internet handle.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Oh, BTW, olive...

*lol* I always thought your name was supposed to mean "I love you to see 'em", like you wanted to share U2 with your friends or something. *lol*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

well back in 97 after the U2 gig here, I went round to the 'net cafe and met Michael, who one time said he actually met Bono, did I tell u girls this?
Wanna know what happened?

I got my username by saying I was insane, like crazy insane and wanted an email with mad1 in it, so its kinda stuck then, but I dont care, cause to this day Im still as mad as ever!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Oh, BTW, olive...

*lol* I always thought your name was supposed to mean "I love you to see 'em", like you wanted to share U2 with your friends or something. *lol*

LMAOOO

Well my nick sort of came in a dream...LOL i'm not kidding. I had a dream that I was writing something and signing it Mullen Girl. And I woke up and I said, That's my nickname! Mullen Girl, cos I love Larry and well i'm a girl
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

mine has nothing to do with U2 at all
biggrin.gif

When I met my hubby way back when...his friends referred to him as Ice or Iceman. That was his nickname. How did he get it...long story and means nothing to anytone sort of an inside joke, but camping on a long weekend, lots of drinking involved and everyone wondering where Andre was...well he comes out of the bushes, totally blitzkreiged and carrying ice for drinks for everyone - from that point on he became Ice.

When we got married, all our cards were to the Iceman and Icelady and Mr. and Mrs. Ice.

Thus my name, just rolled off my tongue when I registered.
smile.gif

i've had about 5000 internet nicknames, and even now i have about 5, i get them confused. this current one is vaguely Nine Inch Nails related (one of my other obsessions). it was time for a new AOL screenname, and NIN lyrics always have the most interesting words in them. So Opal is from one of the "head like a hole" remixes, and tranquility is from a line of "the great below" i believe...i thought they sounded kind of cool together.
smile.gif

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

i'd sell my soul, my self esteem a dollar at a time, for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you...
"The Fly has to be the Fly!"

Mine is pretty clear. It's a line from Ultra Violet. "I'm in the black... Can't see or be seen..." I just love the way he says it...... *faints*

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono
"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet." - Bono
"People look at someone like me and think he wants the world to love him. But he probably just wants one person to love him." -Bono

Originally posted by elizabeth:
mine took a lot of thought...

Tee Hee ... Mine too!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

I HAVE no explanation...I don't even really like the song "wild Honey" *sigh* I AM confusing.

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Ever since I can remember, I've made acronyms for things I don't want people to know about. (what they mean) When I was 11, I called myself an PILTIB which meant Peace Insider Love Teeny Inside Bopper. LOL It made no sense really-I'm very anti-war and a horrible teenybopper-but I never show that on the outside.
smile.gif
When I fell in love with U2, I heard Larry say FOAD-and I loved it! It was pure charisma! So on the Interference chat, I was Foadgirl (which is a bit ironic) and Laura, Niamh, Tanya, and a lot others all called me Foadie! Voila! :p

Mine is my initals...Dana Marie Link. When I was doing some project for english about MLK (which I picked just cause I knew I could get away with playing "Pride") and RFK, I was sick of looking at books and I stood up in the middle of the library and yelled, "FOR NOW ON...I want to be refered as DML, since we all know I will be destined for greatness and everything like MLK, RFK, JFK." Yeah...so I just picked my initals, all my screen names, mostly, are DML.

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

SIGH* Mona every time you post I must be reminded by your sig that I am only *96%* compatible with Bono! My physical was *99%* what was yours?
wink.gif

-------------------------------

*96%* compatible with Bono

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

This is easy!
smile.gif
Running to Stand Still is one of my favorite U2 songs!

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Mine's pretty straightforward: at the time, Discotheque was my favorite song...and stupidly when I logged on, I misspelled it (sans the "H"). But it seemed to fit, and I liked it better than my old name of (true confessions time): U2Tejas!!!
wink.gif

Yep, I put ol' U2T out to pasture....Disco is so much more FUN and SPARKLY!!
biggrin.gif

villagestreetwear_1661_37794320

*+*+* Disco *+*+*

Originally posted by Discoteque:
But it seemed to fit, and I liked it better than my old name of (true confessions time): U2Tejas!!!
wink.gif

*+*+* Disco *+*+*

icon33.gif

biggrin.gif
hi disco!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Larry: He wants me to star, but he can't afford me...
I'm too expensive.
When Bono was asked about the MDH movie

In a little while I'll be there

*%* U2 Take Me Higher *%*

Mine is so boring it should be deemed a federal crime. It is my initials followed by the age when I got internet. I can barely remember where I live so I can't afford to have 5000 different names so I have kept it ever since.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Some of these stories are pretty funny. Uhhh.... I AM ON MR. THE EDGE. RIDE 'EM COWBOY! HOO-AH!

------------------
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness.....
To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

I had a hard time coming up with a good nickname, i wanted "Spanish Eyes" because well, I have spanish eyes, but I believe that nickname was taken...I had my cd player on, and Velvet Dress came on, and well I thought, there ya go, call yourself "Velvet Dress" but since that name was taken, i had to come up with something else, but i really like the song and the title of the song as a nickname that I had to figure out how to use the song as a nickname...Than i thought since i live in the south, I always refer to my female friends with a "Miss" attached to their names, i figured i would give Velvet Dress a little bit of a southern twist....hence MissVelvetDress...very creative right?! Not!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 12-13-2001).]

I mixed my name with the name of my Maine Coon cat The Puff who lounges on my computer whenever I'm on it. Yes her name is The Puff like The Edge.

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
SIGH* Mona every time you post I must be reminded by your sig that I am only *96%* compatible with Bono! My physical was *99%* what was you

Carrie/Bonochick/Maria - yeah, I kept my identity a secret, bwahahahaha....I think I had told Mrs. Edge, but not sure who else knew "the real me."
wink.gif
I never really liked the name U2Tejas...she seemed...boring or something. Discoteque sounded like so much more fun, so now you know....

*+* Disco *+*

Heartland is one of my favorite U2 songs, and I love listening to it when I drive to my hometown. It's a five hour drive where two hours of the stretch have no towns to stop at and you can see for miles. So I generally listen to it when I drive home. Thus, not only is it one of my fave songs, but it also represents where I live, Oklahoma in America's Heartland.

And then, I'm a girl. Thus, HeartlandGirl.
smile.gif

Did anyone else notice that in that Giant Lemon picture, all you can see of the band is their crotches?
redface.gif

I think I've already explained mine, but whatever. Ok, in my junior year of high school I was in the Powderpuff game (girls playing flag football). We got to have nicknames put on our sweats, and some of my friends already called me Mo (short for Molly).
And then I thought, well, I'm cool, so....Mocool!!
biggrin.gif
And 12 has always been my jersey number, so yeah. Heh, senior year my nick was Modogg. I kick ass.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom