'Splain Yourself!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine for 3 reasons.....
an obvious homage to Van Morrison(Ilove this man !!!!)
a favorite line from Sweetest Thing..."Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl...."
also I am a brown eyed girl...so it was easy
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, I guess mine is kind of obvious too. Although much like WildHonee, it's not that I feel so much affinity for Mirrorball Man. I prefer MacPhisto myself. But I came up with my nickname really quickly -- it was the first day I decided I wanted to post on interference, and I wanted to post then. I just knew I wanted something U2-related, and that particular character lent itself so well to a female version. Technically I suppose I should be "Mirrorball Woman," but Mirrorball Girl sounds ... I dunno. More playful, I guess. And at the time I was only 20. (Because I'm SO old now.)
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

I can't see it either! The demon that ate the elevated thread must have come after this one too!

Fishy <><

------------------
It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see. I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons.

Originally posted by FishNeedsABicycle:
I can't see it either! The demon that ate the elevated thread must have come after this one too!

Fishy <><

WHAT?!?!? The "ELEVATED" THREAD IS NO MORE???
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Say it ain't so!!
Sometimes, it's the ONLY difference between a good day & bad day!! #*@%!

Well, As I struggle to recover from that one-
I posted my name story a while back, but here it is again: actually, it doesn't have anything to do with U2 or The Fly. When I was a little girl (about 3 or 4), I was BIG buddies with my grandmother ( MeeMaw )and she used to tell me how we were special buddies cause we were both born in July (and I was the only granddaughter). She'd say that we were Julybutterflies or Julyflies (for short). She always called me her little Julyfly and I loved it! She also did wonderful things like let me help her make biscuits and she would make me dresses and she'd even humor me & watch the Bay City Rollers on Saturday morning with me and proclaim herself to be "A Rock n Roll Grandma"- she knew that always made me laugh! She drove a bright yellow volkswagon bug and would tell it, "Go- you little jackrabbitt!" She was wonderful. She passed away when I was 5 of cancer. She had a double mastectomy and still did not survive. I remember it all too well for a child of only 5 yrs old. So, my nickname is Julyfly. I feel like it keeps a part of her with me all the time.

Originally posted by Julyfly:
WHAT?!?!? The "ELEVATED" THREAD IS NO MORE???
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Say it ain't so!!
Sometimes, it's the ONLY difference between a good day & bad day!! #*@%!
hey, elevation elongation is here! er...there!

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

LOL! I am not trashy but I do live in a trailer. So my husband refuses to take on a big mortgage. I get tired of everyone making jokes about people in trailers being trailer trash because some of them are sure but there are trashy people everywhere and good ones everywhere too. So I just thought it would be a funny joke, to joke on it like that. Sometimes it's better to do it before anyone else does. I'm not trashy though really!

<-----------my new location, self imposed exile in honor of my friends U2Kitten and Icelady

------------------
"feel like trash, you make me feel clean"

oops...
Hey, what happened to the second page of this thread? Am I the only one who can't see it?
[This message has been edited by WildHoneyAlways (edited 12-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WildHoneyAlways (edited 12-14-2001).]

Of course the lyrics from WGRYWH but also because I am a gypsy at heart and love to travel.

Disco/u2tejas- I was never fooled for a minute
wink.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Mine's sorta weird. I was on the forum and I really wanted to put one in but I kinda flubbed because I have the memory capacity of a pentium I so I sort of forget what I do. The thing is that on my computer table, there sits a stuffed ?erret that I have named "Sevi" after Professor Snape from Hogwarts. So the first thing that came into my mind for the name was "Sevi" and I added the "kins" because that's what I'd refer to the professor... call me Snape-struck. I'd wanna make a U2ey name but then I'd have to repost... :sad: dilemma dilemma. I think that I've probably bored you all to tears or you've already moved on from the first line on... if I did, sorry, I'll try to post shorter next time ^_^

Mine's a VERY BAD mix of VERY BAD latin and VERY BAD french...

I thought maybe I could be Bono's female counterpart (hence Bona) and the french word for voice (voix) came after it... I didn't want to copy Bono totally!!

*ahem* *embarrassed*

My excuse? I have none.

My internet handle everywhere else (and I mean EVERYWHERE else) is LadyHeartland.

Heartland, because that's one of my favorite U2 songs... I'm absolutely MAD about it... and Lady because it just sounded good.. that and U2Heartland and every variation thereof was taken.

So yeah. That's my explanation. :D

~Bona

I like hearing on how everyone got their names! Very cool. Mine's pretty self-explanatory too. When i first got into U2 one of the first things i bought was the Popmart Mexico tape and i luved how Bono wore the "Bono Man" shirt so when I told my friends about that they said I should be called Bonogirl. I hardly answer to my real name now. LOL. I have a tendency to not notice when ppl yell my name out so my friends would just start yelling Bonogirl instead to get my attn. and 10 is my lucky number

Mine is pretty self-explanatory, right???

:wave:

I will let the cover of Time and that rhetorical question answer this one for me....

3354945523232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D798%3D754%3Dxroqdf%3E2323336%3C35845ot1lsi

Wooooooooo hoooooooo!

don't hate

Mo came from Molly, cool becuase I'm really cool, and 12 because i like 12!

:confused: :wink: :angel:

Mine comes from a nickname my science teacher gave me in 6th grade...my last name is Werts, and he always called me "wertsie"!

Mine was because I loved the name 'Zooropa' So since I'm from Europe I thought I'd take Zoo and Europe and put it together like ZooEuropa.

And then I found out that it was the title of one of their bootlegs.:D

Mine's pretty obvious, I think. One of the biggest reasons why I love U2 and their music is because they've got more soul than most other rock bands. Not only is their music soulful, but they're also that way as individuals. It shines through their lyrics, their sound, their live performances, and even their lives.

big fan of poptart adam....decided to be a little different .....went with sweet tart.

i also love the candies of the same name. :D

Ultraviolet Light said:

It's cause yer from Indiana, right?! Am I right?
*jab* Am I? Am I?

:shifty: *runs away*

:lmao:

hehe, my name is from elevation live in boston... bono tends to add stuff in the song. i stole soulnation from it.... heh :D

Last edited:
He he.

Mine is creative, no? Betty's my real name, and I never much liked the idea of being "princess" since I was a lil' kid. I always liked the evil queens and stepmoms in those Disney movies better than the wholesome and super-feminine princesses and heroines. :D One more reason why I came up with Queen Betty: B. P. Fallon used to call Bono King B, so I added Queen to my name so that I could be Queen B! But I usually don't use that explanation because Lil' Kim calls herself Queen Bee. :madspit:

My old handle was Saturn_Moon. I used to be crazy about Sailormoon and loved this picture of Sailorsaturn and Chibimoon, so... Saturn_Moon! :p

Back
Top Bottom