source this quote!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
"when elvis went on the ed sullivan show and started jiggling his willy, that was political."

okay which guy said this and when?

(lol i'm just twiddling my thumbs, let's see who can get this.. and if you have any other sort of "rare" quotes post 'em- I wanna see if someone can stump me. lol, which I'm sure will happen faster than not)

Remember when Bono said that he could just go on stage and pull out his willy and that would be a political statement???

He should try it.....

*Is Scandilized By Her Own Comment*

Okay Olive, check the first quote in my signature and see if you can guess where it's from.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

bahhh ElevatedMole! I knew it would be easy to stump me but I didn't think that easy. but i havea few guesses lol although NO idea b/c i've never heard it before...

someone's roasting marshmallows (lol)
or .. fishing?

haha i know neither is right- so now you have to tell me b/c i'm in suspense trying to think of it.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
"when elvis went on the ed sullivan show and started jiggling his willy, that was political."

okay which guy said this and when?

*starting to wonder what the Lemonboy dressed up as Elvis story was actually about*
tongue.gif

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

bahhh ElevatedMole! I knew it would be easy to stump me but I didn't think that easy. but i havea few guesses lol although NO idea b/c i've never heard it before...
someone's roasting marshmallows (lol)
or .. fishing?

haha i know neither is right- so now you have to tell me b/c i'm in suspense trying to think of it.

Bwahahaha!
biggrin.gif

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Doing other stuff.
smile.gif
Anyway, it's from.... Rattle & Hum outtakes.
biggrin.gif
I love those. It's from the part that's more than (I swear) half the tape, of Edge and Bono and some other guy I can't recognize or see by the sea writing songs. Bono stands up to get a guy's water bottle (I think) and I think he says that comment about some piece of lighting equipment, and smirks.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 01-29-2002).]

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
Bwahahaha!
biggrin.gif

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Doing other stuff.
smile.gif
Anyway, it's from.... Rattle & Hum outtakes.
biggrin.gif
I love those. It's from the part that's more than (I swear) half the tape, of Edge and Bono and some other guy I can't recognize or see by the sea writing songs. Bono stands up to get a guy's water bottle (I think) and I think he says that comment about some piece of lighting equipment, and smirks.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

damn! I just got these too and started watching the first tape tonight! arghh two days later and i would have known the answer
tongue.gif
smile.gif
thanks!

------------------
Not suckin on my thumb
Staring at the sun

www.u2takemehigher.com

Macphisto Society: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Ready? Here's a new one:

"It really WAS a beautiful day. A lot of people who could have made life difficult decided not to."

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.

where can I get these outtakes? I'm dying, ok maybe not but still. Anyone anywhere? PLEEEEASE *gets on knees* I'll kiss toes if I have to.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by Lilly:
Ready? Here's a new one:

"It really WAS a beautiful day. A lot of people who could have made life difficult decided not to."

That's from the making of the bautiful day video on u2.com-I think it's prt 2- I just watched it like 5 minutes ago for about the millionth time
smile.gif

where can I get these outtakes? I'm dying, ok maybe not but still. Anyone anywhere? PLEEEEASE *gets on knees* I'll kiss toes if I have to.

Sorry, but I have no idea where you can get them. The guy my mom bought them from had put a set up for sale on Yahoo auctions (I HATE THEM! DO NOT buy on there, they are TERRIBLE) and because my mom hated Yahoo auctions, she decided to e-mail the guy and ask to buy a set, and he said yes. He is really screwy though. First he said he would send them, then more than a month went by and we e-mailed, and he said that they must have "got lost in the mail" and then offered to send us a bootleg to make up for it, get the tapes and no bootleg, then finally NOW -- we got them back in November -- he said he will send us the bootleg. Jerk.
icon15.gif

------------------

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
No one's answered mine yet!

Gotcha! Last line from the interview done before the Irving Plaza show.
smile.gif
That's my favorite line from Bono!

While I'm here, I feel the need to defend Bono's repetitive quoting: he does a million interviews and probably gets many of the same questions a million times...he gets good answers and uses them! Most people don't hang on his every word (like we do)
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Back
Top Bottom