soooo much more than SEX GODS !!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dreams out loud

The Fly
What's her faces thread really got me to thinking and it really pissed me off.....Yes it is true I am very attracted to U2 I personally think they are 4 of the sexiest men alive, if not the sexiest men alive, But like the title they are sooooo much more than SEX GODS to me. I have been a U2 fan for about 20 years now (BTW I am 24).
My mom first introduced me to U2 when I was about four years old and I have been hooked ever since that day, I can still remember the energy I felt when I heard NYD it's like nothing I have ever known that song still gives me goose bumps. When I was 7 I was in a very bad car crash that almost took my life and I have had to have 8 operations over a ten year period because of it there is a joke in my family that U2 is stronger than any amount of morphine and it's true their music carried me through those years back then they were the only sure thing in my life they gave me hope and strength. When I was 22 I gave birth to my daughter Reanna @ 30 weeks gestation due to the fact that her only Kidney didn't function the way it should. My husband and I were blessed with 15 wonderful precious hours with our daughter before she flew home to heaven. I never in all my life felt like such a failure. I felt like I had failed as a woman , as a mother, and that I had let my family down. I was on the verge of killing myself. I had even forgotten the joy that U2 had once brought into my life. My husband at the time was working out of town alot. He came home from one trip with ATYCLB, I remember laying it on the kitchen table and going back to the couch well he left a couple of days later to go back to work. I don't know what made me put the Cd in the Cd player but I did and I was listening to it when I dozed off to sleep.I had the most wonderful dream and I still remember it vividly! I am walking down the street and I go into this little diner and Bono and Edge are sitting in the back, Edge calls me over, and I sit down beside him. Bono looks at me and says I have something for you, he gets up and comes back a few seconds later, and he's holding Reanna in his arms,He hands the baby to me and I start BAWLING I cryed for what in my dream seemed like forever. All of a sudden Bono takes my face in his hands he looks me dead in the eyes and Said "Heather God does not make mistakes, I know you are mad at him, but you are still a mother, just a special kind of mother, you are a mother of an angel and that is a very special and beautiful thing. Most mommies carry their children in their arms you carry yours in your heart" then they were gone. When I woke up Walk on was playing. I have sent that Cd to other parents who have lost a child and they all have said the Walk on touched them in some way or another.
U2 is and always have been more than Sex Gods in my eyes, so what if I daydream about them hell it's just some harmless fun!! and as far as them being old goes they all wear their age damn well I can only hope I look that good at 40!!!

Originally posted by dreams out loud:
What's her faces thread really got me to thinking and it really pissed me off.....Yes it is true I am very attracted to U2 I personally think they are 4 of the sexiest men alive, if not the sexiest men alive, But like the title they are sooooo much more than SEX GODS to me. I have been a U2 fan for about 20 years now (BTW I am 24).
My mom first introduced me to U2 when I was about four years old and I have been hooked ever since that day, I can still remember the energy I felt when I heard NYD it's like nothing I have ever known that song still gives me goose bumps. When I was 7 I was in a very bad car crash that almost took my life and I have had to have 8 operations over a ten year period because of it there is a joke in my family that U2 is stronger than any amount of morphine and it's true their music carried me through those years back then they were the only sure thing in my life they gave me hope and strength. When I was 22 I gave birth to my daughter Reanna @ 30 weeks gestation due to the fact that her only Kidney didn't function the way it should. My husband and I were blessed with 15 wonderful precious hours with our daughter before she flew home to heaven. I never in all my life felt like such a failure. I felt like I had failed as a woman , as a mother, and that I had let my family down. I was on the verge of killing myself. I had even forgotten the joy that U2 had once brought into my life. My husband at the time was working out of town alot. He came home from one trip with ATYCLB, I remember laying it on the kitchen table and going back to the couch well he left a couple of days later to go back to work. I don't know what made me put the Cd in the Cd player but I did and I was listening to it when I dozed off to sleep.I had the most wonderful dream and I still remember it vividly! I am walking down the street and I go into this little diner and Bono and Edge are sitting in the back, Edge calls me over, and I sit down beside him. Bono looks at me and says I have something for you, he gets up and comes back a few seconds later, and he's holding Reanna in his arms,He hands the baby to me and I start BAWLING I cryed for what in my dream seemed like forever. All of a sudden Bono takes my face in his hands he looks me dead in the eyes and Said "Heather God does not make mistakes, I know you are mad at him, but you are still a mother, just a special kind of mother, you are a mother of an angel and that is a very special and beautiful thing. Most mommies carry their children in their arms you carry yours in your heart" then they were gone. When I woke up Walk on was playing. I have sent that Cd to other parents who have lost a child and they all have said the Walk on touched them in some way or another.
U2 is and always have been more than Sex Gods in my eyes, so what if I daydream about them hell it's just some harmless fun!! and as far as them being old goes they all wear their age damn well I can only hope I look that good at 40!!!

God, reading your post made me teary-eyed! i have a babay girl, she'll be 1 this upcoming May 11th..and to think that i wold have to live the rest of my life without her..i can't even imagine that! i feel for you,and i'm so sorry that your little girl is no longer with you. And i'm also glad that you found comfort in u2's music.It's just more proof that they are indeed more than just sex gods!
and that all stems from the fact that their music comes from the heart..not some slick boy-band producer trying to make a fast buck (sorry but that's just my opinion!)

thank you so much for posting that.

------------------
Larrysgirl:)

Originally posted by daisybean:
(((((dreams out loud)))))

That story was so touching, I'm actually crying right now...

*grabs a tissue* I am too...(((((dreams)))))

what a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it w/the rest of us! ((bighug))

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Achtung Baby save my soul

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE ~Smiths

I am just for you, as you are not for me ~Pete Yorn

Thanks for sharing that story... that dream you had was amazing and (dare I say) a true message? (((((((((dreams out loud)))))))))

thank you!

~Olive

I have goosebumps all over! Yours is a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing, it makes me love U2 even more.

"Heather God does not make mistakes, I know you are mad at him, but you are still a mother, just a special kind of mother, you are a mother of an angel and that is a very special and beautiful thing. Most mommies carry their children in their arms you carry yours in your heart"

Thank you so much for sharing this. It touched me more than I can express here. The trials that life has thrown at me were sometimes almost more than I could bear. But once U2 came into my life, I was comforted in so many ways that I just cannot explain. I think that these kind of things are what brought us all here in the first place and they are what unites us and makes us such a stong communty. I am so glad to know all of you and I'm so glad, Heather, that you shared this with us. God does not make mistakes!

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

<----is a bit weepy right now.

((((dreams out loud))))

And you know what, Bono probably WOULD say something as beautiful as he did in your dream. U2's music touches us all like that. THAT's why we truly love them!!!!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

That was simply amazing Heather-thank you so much for sharing it with us. I'm sure Bono would be moved to tears as well by your story. I'm glad one good thing came out of that ridiculous thread-that it prompted you to share this story {{{hugs to you sweetie}}} and God Bless You Heather.

You are SO RIGHT Heartland Girl-U2's music touches us all like that. THAT's why we truly love them!!!!
icon14.gif

dreams out loud, that story gave me chills reading it. Years ago, my best friend told me that she thought that God spoke to me through U2's music. At first I thought it was kind of a silly comment, but the longer I have been fan, the more truth I have found in it. Your story just reaffirms the fact that yes, God works in mysterious ways - even through rock and roll bands.
smile.gif

Originally posted by kariatari:
dreams out loud, that story gave me chills reading it. Years ago, my best friend told me that she thought that God spoke to me through U2's music. At first I thought it was kind of a silly comment, but the longer I have been fan, the more truth I have found in it. Your story just reaffirms the fact that yes, God works in mysterious ways - even through rock and roll bands.
smile.gif

wow that's so ironic my dad always said that music was my church and U2 the preachers, I do agree that God does speak through U2 and we are the lucky few to hear that message.

i thank god that he gave me the comfort of u2, and i thank god even more that he gave YOU the comfort of u2. i may have trials in my life, but nothing can compare to your hardships. god blessed you with that time with your daughter, and i hope he continues to bless you. you're in my prayers!

that album got me threw the horror that is high school
biggrin.gif

mad.gif
i hate high school.

I'm sorry to hear of your hardships dreams, and I am glad to see that you are healing.

------------------
Official member of S.C.

biggrin.gif

Oh, god, me too! One horrific event after another...Well, the first wasn't horrific, exactly, but not exactly fun. This guy broke my heart into a million pieces and the songs in AB really helped me heal from that...And a year later one of my friends killed herself. That was REALLY hard. I was depressed for a long time. High school in general was no picnic for me. I was always the oddball, and U2 helped me feel OKAY with that. Thank you, U2!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I was the girl dressed in all black who always had her headphones on I was the quiet type for the most part not shy just never wanted to be there high school was the most boring 4 years of my life!

Ok so this doesn't exactly belong in this thread but here's a high school story for you
my junior year a very close friend of mine found out she had cancer, so to show my support for her I shaved my head completely bald along with a few other friends.well we all thinking that our heads needed a make over decided to do just that. needless to say I walked around school with the words BONO ROX!! written in big blue letters on the back of my head for 2 weeks!!

Oh wow... that story was amazing, dreams. I am crying a little too. U2's music has had a serious impact on my life. There are a lot of things I wouldn't be able to have gotten through without knowing them... and in the process, I've also gotten to know lots of fans & friends through this message board...
smile.gif
Like I read on an article, U2's music just isn't good, it is good for something
biggrin.gif

------------------
-- Sara
the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind

That's a beautiful story, Dreams. Thank you for sharing something so personal. My mother lost a child before she had me. She never talks about it, I don't even know what they named the baby. But my mother and I are very close, so if she's never told me about it (I figured this out myself) she must have been deeply troubled. I hope she had something as wonderful as U2 to help her heal.

(((dreams)))

Love,
Emily

biggrin.gif

Amen to that!

(only 16 more days! only 16 more days!)

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

i too hate high school. only 14 more days!

this morning i was real mad and scared and annoyed cause my ap calc test is tomorrow. i got on my shuttle from my parking lot to school and saw a poster on the wall:

SMILE! THESE MAY BE THE BEST DAYS OF YOUR LIFE!

i actually almost burst out in tears. i can't wait til i can get out of this hell hole known as secondary education. i'm done ranting now.

as for you ladies sharing your stories...i'm glad that u2 exsists for many reasons, but especially how they can change lives. i'm SO glad your life has been made better through their music. i'm sure they'd be glad to know that too.

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Official Member of SC

Back
Top Bottom