Sometimes I hate him!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Guys! Last night my bro made me cry so bad( Im such a winer I know). He came into my room and I had U2 playing and I was singing along with them and I was so happy, then he said "I hope they die in a plain crash." It was horrible! Then he jumped on me and hit me and stuff but thats normal. But I was mad. Then he went home and I was thinking about it and I got really sad becuase people say things and sometimes they happen. I told my dad he said that and he got mad, but I told him not to yell at him or anything. I just thought you guys would make me feel smidge better, cause it hurt really bad, and im sure it makes you guys mad right?

Oh I dont hate my bro, I really do love him. I just hate him sometimes.

TheWho4Life said:
Guys! Last night my bro made me cry so bad( Im such a winer I know). He came into my room and I had U2 playing and I was singing along with them and I was so happy, then he said "I hope they die in a plain crash." It was horrible! Then he jumped on me and hit me and stuff but thats normal. But I was mad. Then he went home and I was thinking about it and I got really sad becuase people say things and sometimes they happen. I told my dad he said that and he got mad, but I told him not to yell at him or anything. I just thought you guys would make me feel smidge better, cause it hurt really bad, and im sure it makes you guys mad right?

Oh, yeah, I have a slightly superstitious side. I think we all do. I think that's just because you care and you don't want anything to happen. It's just very difficult to hear someone put down someone or something you love, for sure.

That wasn't nice at all :( He's probably jealous you spend time doing U2 and Who stuff instead of playing with him. But it's no excuse.

Did I mention how old he was? He is 23 almost 24, he is kind of childish, at least thats waht my dad and I think. But I go to his house every weekend and dont even mention U2 at all or The Who:mad: He's such a butt! But AAAHH, he's so mean!

I asked my dad not to. And I hit him back dont worry, but you should have seen my bruise a couple weeks ago it was huge!

You love U2 and The Who, please don't let it you stop enjoying their great music! Hopefully, he'll grow up soon!He's mean to you, even at that age! :sad: :hug: from me andthe PLEBA girls!

Last edited:
Oh it wouldnt make me stop enjoying thier wonderful music dont worry cause nothing ever will, well my dad almost did cause he hurt my feeling really bad once and i almost through everything of U2 and The Who away but I didnt THANK GOD! But people saying stupid things wont make me dont worry!:wink: But thanx!

TheWho4Life said:
Oh it wouldnt make me stop enjoying thier wonderful music dont worry cause nothing ever will, well my dad almost did cause he hurt my feeling really bad once and i almost through everything of U2 and The Who away but I didnt THANK GOD! But people saying stupid things wont make me dont worry!:wink: But thanx!

You know, I think sometimes the mean things family member say (and often they don't REALLY mean it) can be the ones that stick with us forever. It reminds me of a time, back when I did gymnastics...I used to get up early on Saturdays and go to a different gym for extra practice and one day, for no real reason, my dad refused to take me. When I did gymnastics I paid for ALL of my lessons and equipment by myself with the various jobs I had in high school, all my dad had to do was drop me off, but he said something to the effect of "why should I waste my time to take you to the gym when all you do is fall?" and I was so hurt and pissed and thought "fuck you! I'm only your DAUGHTER! maybe living in this house is a waste of MY time..." but I guess it doesn't matter now since I got all the gymnastics awards I wanted and did it all on my own :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

You know, I think sometimes the mean things family member say (and often they don't REALLY mean it) can be the ones that stick with us forever. It reminds me of a time, back when I did gymnastics...I used to get up early on Saturdays and go to a different gym for extra practice and one day, for no real reason, my dad refused to take me. When I did gymnastics I paid for ALL of my lessons and equipment by myself with the various jobs I had in high school, all my dad had to do was drop me off, but he said something to the effect of "why should I waste my time to take you to the gym when all you do is fall?" and I was so hurt and pissed and thought "fuck you! I'm only your DAUGHTER! maybe living in this house is a waste of MY time..." but I guess it doesn't matter now since I got all the gymnastics awards I wanted and did it all on my own :D

You still loved him though right? I love my dad so much I dont know what I would do without him!

TheWho4Life said:

You still loved him though right? I love my dad so much I dont know what I would do without him!

yeah, i mean, my family and I aren't really close. we just do our own things and keep out of each other's way.

:hug:s. That's mean. My sister makes jokes about U2 from time to time, but she's never said anything like that...I know it's all good-natured stuff.

But I do agree with the others about family members' words sticking more...you tend to focus more on what people you care about say about you. I mean, if some random stranger insulted me, I'd just say, "Pah, they don't know me". But when it's a family member or friend who says it, it means more coming from them, so if it's something harsh...yeah, it can definitely hurt. But all family members have said things they didn't mean at one time or another, they were just angry at the time...I know my family has done that. But we forgive and forget. I still love them and I know they still love me, and that's all that matters.

And now I'm rambling on and sounding sappy, so I'll shut up now. LOL. :).

Angela

Oh, I didn't know he was a grown man. :shocked: My gosh. I'm sorry but when I first read the story I assumed he was a bratty little boy in elementary school. That is cruel and not cool for someone so old. He should be ashamed :down:

Yea he should be ashamed, but he isnt he doesnt even say sorry. But I still love him. I mean he says sorry whenhe hurts me physically. He always disses the music I listen to and stuff its so dumb.

TheWho4Life said:
Yea he should be ashamed, but he isnt he doesnt even say sorry. But I still love him. I mean he says sorry whenhe hurts me physically. He always disses the music I listen to and stuff its so dumb.

This upsets me. He is an ABUSER. Isn't there something your parents can do? You should not be treated that way.

TheWho4Life said:
I mean he says sorry whenhe hurts me physically.

Which he should not be doing. I don't care if you ask your dad not to do something, your brother is abusing you and your parents have an obligation to stop him.

Your teachers can help you if your parents won't. Report him immediately.

I would NOT report it to teachers unless it's become dangerous and extreme. If you tell them, they will send Social Services to your house, maybe even the cops. Your brother and parents might end up in jail and you in foster home. If it's found out not to be a danger to you, you will have to live with all 3 of them hating you for 'ratting them out.' As sad as this sounds, as long as you have to live in the house I'd worry about that.

Don't think I don't know how you feel. My big brother used to bully me mercilessly. Both my parents worked and he babysitted me after school. He and his friends teamed up on me. If I told my parents, they accused me of lying or exaggerating to get attention. A pshyciatrist my Dad knew even told him that kids to that and not to believe me! My brother always denied it and never got caught in the act. It was a miserable feeling and I cried a lot. He never hurt me bad, he hurt my feelings more than anything and threw things at me. I never turned him in because of the things I mentioned above. I thought those situations would be worse for me in the long run so I stuck it out. My advice to you is, THREATEN your parents that you will turn your brother in IF they don't stop him, or kick his butt out of the house. See if that helps. Good luck:hug:

He doens't live in my house. But, when he hurts me he gets it back, cause I hit pretty hard. I hear it from everybody I hit:)! Even him. But I report him, I do love him you know. The things he says hurts me worse than the physical stuff. He tells me not to care what other people think about me (which I dont!) because he thinks I do, yet he makes fun of the music I listen to, I mean if I really cared would I like the music I do.... he's such a tard sometimes!

That might not make sence cause I was chatting with my friend while I was typing this... SORRY!

Green Light 711 said:
Don't think I don't know how you feel. My big brother used to bully me mercilessly. Both my parents worked and he babysitted me after school. He and his friends teamed up on me. If I told my parents, they accused me of lying or exaggerating to get attention. ... My brother always denied it and never got caught in the act. It was a miserable feeling and I cried a lot.

:hug: Sounds like the crap I had to deal with when I was growing up. Then my brother discovered drugs and booze in his teen years and things went from bad to worse. I frequently had to barricade myself inside my room for my own protection.

Parents have a moral duty to protect their children. Yes, even from their other children. Nobody has any right to hit or hurt you in any way. And I agree, verbal darts are many times worse from a family member than from an acquaintance or stranger.

God help me, I'm all upset now. Why is it so bloody difficult for people to treat each other with the respect and consideration due their fellow human beings, to "do unto others as they would have others do unto them"?! I do not understand it, and probably never will. :(

Originally posted by SueDeNym
, verbal darts are many times worse from a family member than from an acquaintance or stranger.

God help me, I'm all upset now. Why is it so bloody difficult for people to treat each other with the respect and consideration due their fellow human beings, to "do unto others as they would have others do unto them"?! I do not understand it, and probably never will.

I know exactly what you mean :hug:

Who4Life :hug:

TheWho4Life said:
He tells me not to care what other people think about me (which I dont!) because he thinks I do, yet he makes fun of the music I listen to, I mean if I really cared would I like the music I do.... he's such a tard sometimes!

Typical, eh? You know, he probably likes to pick on you, but I bet if someone ever said something really nasty about you to him or tried to hurt you, he'd kill for you. Sibs are always that way - no one's allowed to hit you but him, right? lol

I'm the oldest so luckily I've been able to avoid beatings in my direction, but I have a friend who has three older brothers and holy shite!...I mean, if you saw her and us "argue" you'd think we were teenage boys or something....

Just be careful what you say. I mean, I'm not trying to be mean, but if you say "he hurts me physically", in this day and age, your bro and parents can get in serious trouble. If he IS crossing the line between physical abuse and a normal sib relationship (of course sibs fight and hit each other every now and then, even "grown" ones, lol) then yeah you should definitely have a harsh talk with your parents.

Oh well I didnt want you to get mixed up with the not physically hurt part you know, sorry. He doesnt like try to kill me or anything dont worry lol. He just acts like an older bro. But thats not what I was tlking abou tI was tlking about him wishing U2 would die in plane crash. It hurt me really bad inside and.... geese it was just horrible to say.

It's okay, TheWho4Life. :hug:.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Typical, eh? You know, he probably likes to pick on you, but I bet if someone ever said something really nasty about you to him or tried to hurt you, he'd kill for you. Sibs are always that way - no one's allowed to hit you but him, right? lol

LOL, agreed. My sister and I have gotten into some pretty good fights, too (again, nothing serious here, either, just your typical sibling roughhousing...and we rarely ever do that anymore, anyway, a lot of that happened when we were little), but if anybody ever tried to do something horrible to her, you can bet I'd do everything in my power to protect her. And I know the same would be said with her.

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
Just be careful what you say. I mean, I'm not trying to be mean, but if you say "he hurts me physically", in this day and age, your bro and parents can get in serious trouble. If he IS crossing the line between physical abuse and a normal sib relationship (of course sibs fight and hit each other every now and then, even "grown" ones, lol) then yeah you should definitely have a harsh talk with your parents.

Exactly.

Angela

Sue DeNym said:

:hug: Sounds like the crap I had to deal with when I was growing up. Then my brother discovered drugs and booze in his teen years and things went from bad to worse. I frequently had to barricade myself inside my room for my own protection.

Parents have a moral duty to protect their children. Yes, even from their other children. Nobody has any right to hit or hurt you in any way. And I agree, verbal darts are many times worse from a family member than from an acquaintance or stranger.

God help me, I'm all upset now. Why is it so bloody difficult for people to treat each other with the respect and consideration due their fellow human beings, to "do unto others as they would have others do unto them"?! I do not understand it, and probably never will. :(

:| :hug:

TheWho4Life said:

Tell your brother it's not nice to say something like that because someone loves each individual in the group and they'd be very sad if anything happened to them. Tell him to think before he shoots his mouth off.

Back
Top Bottom