Sometimes I feel uncomfortable with Zoo Concert on.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
*sorry sorry, but a HOT lookin guy dressed like frickin 6ft tall with black jeans, black bomber jacket, shades and a black headscarf thing tied round his head just walked past and made me almost lose my voice from just sittin goin :ohmy:.........:D:drool:...)

anyway anyway....sorry, right, nights ago I played Zoo TV in front of mum.........and its now reached a point where I have to stop and fast forward quickly where Bono does the 'McPhisto speech', ya know, about Sarajevo, and President, and 'pple of', that 'Look what you've done to me' speech.......because I get uncomfortable....as I know my mum sits there unhappy at Bono and what hes sayin...

First time I played it, she was like 'he talks a lot of waffle' and never liked his comment on 'pple of Sarajevo'.........

Thats one reason why I hate puttin Zoo on and leavin it on, other than that she enjoys the concert.......shes more into their music, but I think I turn off those scenes to avoid listening to her....I cant correct her.....know what I mean?

Any of u girls ever felt this way? or had someone comment????

:slant:

mad1 said:

First time I played it, she was like 'he talks a lot of waffle' and never liked his comment on 'pple of Sarajevo'.........

1. :lmao: at "talks a lot of waffle"
loveyoumaddie :hug:

2. As to the real point o this thread, yes, sometimes... my U2 convert in progress absolutely hates mackie. She doesn't really understand satire.

:hug:Kristie

Oh I know it is FishNeedsBike...and I HAVE told her this, but she dismisses it like 'aye right', in otherwords even in the Zoo Interference tape, I cringe when Bono talks, I just know she rolls her eyes and says what she says.......

I know, its ridiculous as to why Im uncomfortable but at the same time love to share U2 with other pple......as if to say 'I fukin like them, and I dinnie give 20 bollocks what u tink!'..........

even playin their music in the car.....Im like 'Im in charge! Im in charge!'

:D

I was talking to my husband the other night about Bono and U2 cause he wanted to know what it is about them that I love so much, so we get into this long discussion on U2, AC/DC and slayer
He knows that I am going through a very hard time right now ..... this is a bit of the "discussion"

Him: I know you've been a U2 fan for several years but I don't understand is how you say you can "feel the music" I mean it sounds to me like Bono get his emotion from a cardboard box and that he's only in it for the money

Me: (By this time I'm:mad: ) how the:censored: can you say that?? You won't even listen to them you gripe when ever I play them and your in ear shot!!!! You only know what you hear on the radio!!!!

asshead: I know that One means something to him, and that Kite holds a lot of meaning for you, I will admit that much, but he just dosen't put his heart and soul into like AC/DC and Slayer do, I get goose bumps listening to:insert AC/DC song here:he goes on and on and on about Bono's charity work being a publicity stunt.......

Me::mad: :rant: :censored: I just had to walk away. I try and share the U2 love but when people are closed minded about it I get so mad.

He can sometimes make me feel bad for listening to them when he's around, ya know the loud sighs and asking me the dumbest questions, I get the hint but he can get over it!!!

Last edited:
Heather, my mom is pretty much the same as your husband. Actually, I'm convinced she hates U2 just because I love them, it's like that with EVERYTHING else I do. :banghead: She really has no concrete reason. I don't care if she doesn't like the music, that's one thing, but it's like she takes sick pleasure in making smart-ass cracks about them, especially about Bono. I think she also sees him as a big publicity act, which is sometimes understandable, but she won't ever let me explain. It really gets to me. I'm not asking her to love him or anything, just get off my back about it. One time I was watching PopMex and she watched the first three songs in silence and then I paused it and told her I wanted to know what she though, honestly. She told me she didn't like it because she didn't think the songs were that good, it was too big and too flashy, she didn't like the costumes, and she couldn't really verbalize what she felt about Bono, I think she was trying to say she didn't like how spastic he is and all his prancing around for the camera. So I explained that PopMart was supposed to be big and flashy and the whole spoof on pop consumerism, etc, and that Bono's a pretty spastic person no matter what he's doing and you can't just expect the attention of a hundred thousand people if you're just going to stand there in from of the mic. I dunno if she bought my explanation, but I had her tape Oprah for me and almost shit in my pants when she told me she watched it (she works at that time so that meant she actually took the initiative to rewind the tape and play it, my mom NEVER watches anything on TV......) I think that helped a little, maybe now that she's learning more about him, she'll lighten up. And after all, as I always say "mom, there could be MUCH worse things....." :yes:

[/stupidmotherrant]

Last edited:
Another ting not from me...

it was said he looks pissed and drugged in it.......

:slant:

let me tell u something.....I can get a little hyped when I hear comments like that.........but......even if its my mum.....she says she really enjoys their old stuff......and she may not like Bono's 'ramblings' so to speak.......but if shes there halfway with U2, thats fine by me!!!! :wink:

actually, she sings along to the Video Collection......and....oh dear.....when I Will Follow comes on she comes out with 'That lad cant DANCE!'

but hey.........I dont want to strangle her cause of that comment! :D

:hug: mum wherever u are......:D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Heather, my mom is pretty much the same as your husband. Actually, I'm convinced she hates U2 just because I love them
yeah that would be Travis, but comparing U2 to Slayer:yuck: is like comparing apples to turds IMO!
He has a new thing he likes to pick on me about
He says that one and SATS are Bonos and the rest of U2's way of Coming outta the closet, I think your right it is sick amusement!!

dreams out loud said:

Bonos and the rest of U2's way of Coming outta the closet, I think your right it is sick amusement!!

Hahahah, everyone I know says Mackie is B-man's gay side.
They're just jealous:D
All I know is, I always catch the people who say they don't like U2, singing U2 songs.........:hmm::shifty: CAUGHT EM'!!!!:evil:

Oh OH story time!!!
I was talking to this guy the other day about music, and he loves Dave Matthews:barf: and compares him to Edge. He goes on and on, so then I go on and on........anyhooo.....he admitted that although he talks bad about U2, he really likes them.
He said, and I quote "Bono is the man."
The haters are actually secret U2 admirers.:yes:
*well not all of them, some people are just stupid, but still, my theory is this........you can't REALLY hate U2, they're just so good:cute:*

Maddie - My mom is exactly the same as your mom. I totally fast forward the entire McPhisto section because she doesn't get it nor will she ever. My mom has really grown to love Bono and now watches all his interviews and she was really excited to see that Bono wrote a preface to the new bible she saw at the bookstore.

U2SJ1 said:
she was really excited to see that Bono wrote a preface to the new bible she saw at the bookstore.

Hey, I wanted to see that.................
:hmm::hmm::hmm:
what Bible edition is it in?
Didn't he make a preface for psalms?

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

Hey, I wanted to see that.................
:hmm::hmm::hmm:
what Bible edition is it in?
Didn't he make a preface for psalms?

I have the little book of psalms, which is great, it is full of Bono's favorite parts from the bible.
My mom was talking about something else. I have to go check it out at the bookstore because she doesn't remember exactly what it was called!

I think it's The Message Bible by Eugene Peterson

And I know just what you mean Maddie-Irish mothers :rolleyes:

But I think Bono is really growing on my Mom :D-she watches him when I tell her he will be on TV, and she has been to quite a few shows w/ me. She even told me the other day she had a dream that Bono was coming down her driveway in a convertible and gave her a CD :laugh:

She does still make fun of his sleeves *lol*, his clothes, and some of the things he says-but it's all out of love, really :wink:

Yeah, she doesn't go for Macphisto either :uhoh:

Last edited:
Bad U2 timing

My mom and my sis really understand my love for U2. Mom thinks Bono and Larry are hotties :cute: But my dad doesn't. It makes me really sad because he was the one that taught me to love music, he introduced me to The Beatles when I was a kid! But he's from another generation, you know? It's really hard for him to "get" the music that I like.

Well, the thing is that when I'm watching U2 stuff, he always comes into my room or wherever at the most inopportune moments! Like when Bono is moaning during All Along the Watchtower in Australia, or him making ape like movements on Popmart Mexico, etc... :huh:

I don't want to sit him down to see or listen to the U2 stuff I think he may like. I want it to be natural, but it never happens! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom