something is wrong with my Dad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
I am so hysterical right now.

umm my Dad had to return early from a business trip this weekend because he was having pain in his back and sides and he couldn't work. My mom took him to the ER yesterday and the doctors said that it was a pulled muscle, gave him some anit-inflammtory stuff, and sent him home. She said he was fine last night but the disagnosis sounded strange. I just called her again...she said his pain got so bad again today that she took him back to the ER. This time they did more tests and said it was completely different. He did have some gallstones but they also saw "some kind of spot" on his liver. :no: :no: :no: I'm not too worried about the gallstones but umm.....spots. What else could that be besides.....

I dont think I can take this. I have had the worst year of my life already. I lost my BF of many years, I've lost friends, I've lost jobsm etc etc. Things were starting to get better but Dad hasn't had an easy time either, he had a triple bypass not that long ago. He's such a wonderful person. STOP :censored: WITH MY FATHER. :mad: :rant: :sad:

I just wanna drive home right now but if things keep going the way they are I'm not going to be sober enough to do that. :madspit:

Last edited:
I will pray for you and your family, neutral. :hug:

I have had an extremely rough year myself but I always hold on to the thought that God is everywhere and all things happen for a higher purpose, even if I can't see it now.

I know that these can seem like empty words right now, but they will make sense one day. :wink:

Until then, just do your best to cope, trust God and LISTEN TO U2's music - I promise that music will see you through. :yes:

A big Bono hug and kiss in your
:heart:

I will pray for you and your family, neutral!! I'm going to mass this morning! I know the feeling, one awful thing after the other happens. It's not fun. :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone :hug:

I don't know what to do, I just called my mom who's down at the hospital. There's something she's not telling me, and she even admitted that there is something she's not telling me. But she won't tell me what it is, and said not to drive home (they live a couple of hours away) yet. :scream: She wants me to stay here so I can work. YEAH RIGHT. :rant: :sad:

:hug: Neutral :hug:

Going on a long drive right now is not a good idea unless someone can drive you. My parents did the same thing to me and my sister a few years ago when my brother was really sick and in the hospital. We knew they weren't giving us all of the facts but I was actually glad in the end I didn't know because I couldn't be there with them at the time and I would have just been even more upset about him if I knew everything that was going on. It sucks but sometimes not knowing all of the details as they are happening is actually better.

My mom had gallblader surgery a couple years ago, its not much of a big deal and she felt much better once it was done.

As for the liver thing.....I hope it turns out to be alright!!

Talked to my mom again. She said they can't do the gallbladder thing for at least a week because of a medication he's on. :madspit:

They're going to do more tests to see if "it" (no one seems capable of using the actual word) shows up anywhere besides the liver but he only has 2 spots there so maybe that's all. Mom keeps telling me not to drive home because I'm so upset but my brother is at the hospital with him now, shouldn't I be there too?!! :huh:

ugh I need to calm down but I can't. :sad: :sad: :sad:

thanks for listening girls :sad:

Last edited:
neutral said:
Talked to my mom again. She said they can't do the gallbladder thing for at least a week because of a medication he's on. :madspit:

They're going to do more tests to see if "it" (no one seems capable of using the actual word) shows up anywhere besides the liver but he only has 2 spots there so maybe that's all. Mom keeps telling me not to drive home because I'm so upset but my brother is at the hospital with him now, shouldn't I be there too?!! :huh:

ugh I need to calm down but I can't. :sad: :sad: :sad:

thanks for listening girls :sad:

She's right. Find someone to take you.

I'm sorry Neutral, I hope he'll be okay :hug:

My neighbor's mom was very sick and rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with some weird named disease that was supposed to kill her, but a relative who'd had gall bladder trouble kept pushing them to check that and it turned out it was! They took out her gall bladder and she's fine now!

neutral I'm sorry to hear this. I hope its not too serious.
I will keep you and your dad in my thoughts :hug:

:sigh:

:hug:neutral:hug:

I hope everything will turn out ok for your dad. (I've been through many parental medical emergencies since I was a kid, so I know the scary part real well)

Definately get someone to drive you if you can, don't drive yourself-- you are/were too wired-up to drive safely.

prayers for you all :hug:

:hug: neutral

Don't despair yet and keep up the faith!
Things aren't always as bad as we think.

Maybe you can ,like dazzlebylight said, find someone to keep you company while you drive over, to help you take your mind of bad things and keep it on the road.
I understand you'd really like to go home, I would too. Take good care

Gah I don't know what to do girls. The shock is starting to wear off a little and reality is sinking back in. I feel like I should be up there but I need to work too.

I work my father, and with him already out of work and us on a deadline...what to do? :huh:

:banghead:

Last edited:
neutral said:
Gah I don't know what to do girls. The shock is starting to wear off a little and reality is sinking back in. I feel like I should be up there but I need to work too.

I work my father, and with him already out of work and us on a deadline...what to do? :huh:

:banghead:

I wish I knew what to tell you. I feel like I should be with my mother right now but I can't miss too much work so I'm waiting to go when she has surgery. We seem to have similar problems.

Back
Top Bottom