Something Funny...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larrysgirl

War Child
Looking at all of these Larry pics today (MOOBDAY RULES!) has reminded me of something funny.When i was pregnant with my daughter, my bf and i didn't know what sex the baby was going to be (we wanted it to be a surprise) anyhoo..i was left with the task of naming the baby,so obviously i chose Lawrence if it was a boy, Emilia if it was a girl.Well, one day my beautiful but obviously smart A** 9 year old niece asked me "Aunt Janinne, how come you're naming the baby Lawrence if it's a boy?" before i could even attempt to answer her question, she asks "is that the name of the baby's father?!"

I lost it after that.....

i know, cute but pointless post
biggrin.gif

------------------
Larrysgirl:)

LOL, cute!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by wertsie:
hehehe...The baby's father! Don'tcha wish?!

LMAO!!! i was thinking the same thing!! but i could never tell my kind and sweet BF that..it would hurt his feelings soo much
frown.gif

either that or he would laugh at me hysterically!

------------------

Originally posted by Sicy:
Lawrena?

Hmm.. interesting! i ended up naming her Emilia, after my mom. But i think anything combined with Larry would have been just fine
biggrin.gif

------------------

I like the name Lawrence. It's on my list of favorite names for future children.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by madonna's child:
I like the name Lawrence. It's on my list of favorite names for future children.

I like the name Lawrence, too... it has family significance, as my grandpa's name was Lawrence. I remember as a kid struggling to remember if the 'r' went before the 'w' when I'd write his name. LOL..

I have a funny that I posted in another thread (some of you may have seen it and laughed, and if you haven't, you get to laugh now, heh.
biggrin.gif
):

I teach 8th graders (which is why I *don't* think you-know-who is a 13 year old.... but I digress) and one of them knows exactly my thoughts on a certain Larry Mullen, Jr. She likes U2 and is a BIG fan of N*SYNC... hey, well... we all have our problems (as Larry has said).... anyway.

I did a lesson last week on characterization and I had my students choose from four pictures at their tables and make up a character based on the picture. Michelle immediately picked Larry (I used the PAISTE Cymbals picture) and started to answer the questions to build her character. She called me over to ask me a question, and this is the conversation that followed:

Michelle: Ms. W?
Me: Yes?
Michelle: What's your husband's last name?
Me: I don't have a husband, Michelle.
Michelle: *looks at the picture sitting on her desk, smiles, looks up at me, smiles again, looks down at the picture*
Michelle: So, what's your husband's last name?
Me: Ohhhh. *giggle* Mullen. heh.

Moonie
biggrin.gif
(it's times like these when my faith is restored in the future generation. LOL)

Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks:

Michelle: Ms. W?
Me: Yes?
Michelle: What's your husband's last name?
Me: I don't have a husband, Michelle.
Michelle: *looks at the picture sitting on her desk, smiles, looks up at me, smiles again, looks down at the picture*
Michelle: So, what's your husband's last name?
Me: Ohhhh. *giggle* Mullen. heh.

AWWW THAT'S THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!

on a semi-related note, I shut the door on Adam's head today. I felt so bad. He's okay though.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

That's hilarious Moonie!

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

you could name your baby Lauren or Laurie.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Back
Top Bottom