Something about those shorts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, on the short issue....here is what good old Liam had to say about it a couple of months ago...

Oasis, Oasis, Oasis. Whether they are battling the British army or the Queen, guess what, they are at it again -- shooting their mouths off.
This time Liam has launched an attack on U2's Bono, labelling him a "f*nny" because he tries to stay trim.

The jealous Oasis singer is quoted in The Sun saying: "Rock stars exercising? I don't think it's right. You see pictures of Bono running around L.A. with his little white legs and a bottle of Volvic and he looks like a f*nny. I mean, maybe if it was a bottle of vodka . I drink too much but you won't catch me jogging. You either got it or you ain't."

Maybe Liam is just jealous that he can't get his weight off as pictured in a recent holiday. -- SP

:yell:

Huh...

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Well, on the short issue....here is what good old Liam had to say about it a couple of months ago...

Oasis, Oasis, Oasis. Whether they are battling the British army or the Queen, guess what, they are at it again -- shooting their mouths off.
This time Liam has launched an attack on U2's Bono, labelling him a "f*nny" because he tries to stay trim.

The jealous Oasis singer is quoted in The Sun saying: "Rock stars exercising? I don't think it's right. You see pictures of Bono running around L.A. with his little white legs and a bottle of Volvic and he looks like a f*nny. I mean, maybe if it was a bottle of vodka . I drink too much but you won't catch me jogging. You either got it or you ain't."

Maybe Liam is just jealous that he can't get his weight off as pictured in a recent holiday. -- SP

:yell:

Makes me wonder about that "tongue" picture... but wasn't that Noel? :shrug:

Re: Huh...

Queen Betty said:

Makes me wonder about that "tongue" picture... but wasn't that Noel? :shrug:
I don't know what Gallagher it is. :shrug:

33554%3B4323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D445%3D%3A9%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323338%3B35745ot1lsi

33554%3B4323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D445%3D%3A9%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323338%3B35845ot1lsi

However, I hate both Galaghers for saying that about Bono. :mad:

You see pictures of Bono running around L.A. with his little white legs and a bottle of Volvic and he looks like a f*nny.

:mad:

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

After a bit of thinking, I guess it was Noel.

This is what Bono said about the whole mess...

"Actually, what happened," says Bono, "was he had a guitar pick in his mouth, and he dared me to take it off him while the paparazzi were standing around. I couldn't resist. I can't say his breath smelled sweetly - let me put it that way. I, however, look like I've just come from the local boxing club."

:heart: :bono:

Queen Betty said:
All I know is that I like Oasis and that one of the Gallagher brothers snogged Bono, so they can't be all that bad! :D

I wouldn't take his comment too, too seriously. :yes:

Yeah, agree. The problem with Liam is that he has a bigh mouth. I'm sure he was only jocking! In a strange way..ok! :rolleyes: :D

Aanyway, both Gallagher are friends with Bono, and they have more to say about him than those stupid comments on jogging :yes:

April 26, 2002
U2 Vocalist Bono Reaches Out

The following quote by rocker Noel Gallagher is one of the reasons why I appreciate U2 vocalist Bono. It's rough but insightful.

"Before going to see U2 in Manchester recently, me and my girlfriend were saying, 'I wonder what it is with Bono and God?' Anyway, we're sat around a table after the gig and I go, 'Explain it to me 'cause I was brought up Catholic and it means f--- all to me.' We had a good three hour conversation about his religious philosophy, which is basically, 'Go to God, tell Him what all your flaws are and say, Can you work with me?' Which is completely different to the 'Don't drink, don't screw, don't take drugs and always go to church' bollocks you get taught in school. I didn't think a whole lot more about it until two days later when there's a knock on the door and the recorded delivery guy hands me two books that have been sent by Bono. There's also a little note, which reads, 'I don't know if you were serious the other night, but here's something that might give you a bit more of an understanding.' What a f---ing top geezer! His Dad's on his death bed, yet he still takes the time to go out, buy two books and send 'em to me! . . . I tell you, I'm going to read 'em from cover to cover."

--Oasis' Noel Gallagher [Q/HM, March/April 2002]

Naya said:

Hey Gypsy I was fortunate to touch his calf during UTEOTW !!! I was rubbing it (probably drooling too...:laugh:) and yeah it was really hard...Gosh that sounds so sexual. :eek: But I don't think I touched his thigh...Next tour, maybe? :sexywink:

Oh yeah it's a great feeling! :D :tongue: I'm glad you got some leg action too! :)

Re: i would love to feel them up

Naya said:

Yeah but according to Melpop and another Montreal girl, Chickles, his legs are rock hard. :drool:

I will add that to my "reasons to grab Bono" list.
It's number 11:up: :evil: :macdevil: :mac: :heart: :bono:

BONOPOP said:

Yeah, agree. The problem with Liam is that he has a bigh mouth. I'm sure he was only jocking! In a strange way..ok! :rolleyes: :D

Aanyway, both Gallagher are friends with Bono, and they have more to say about him than those stupid comments on jogging :yes:

April 26, 2002
U2 Vocalist Bono Reaches Out

The following quote by rocker Noel Gallagher is one of the reasons why I appreciate U2 vocalist Bono. It's rough but insightful.

"Before going to see U2 in Manchester recently, me and my girlfriend were saying, 'I wonder what it is with Bono and God?' Anyway, we're sat around a table after the gig and I go, 'Explain it to me 'cause I was brought up Catholic and it means f--- all to me.' We had a good three hour conversation about his religious philosophy, which is basically, 'Go to God, tell Him what all your flaws are and say, Can you work with me?' Which is completely different to the 'Don't drink, don't screw, don't take drugs and always go to church' bollocks you get taught in school. I didn't think a whole lot more about it until two days later when there's a knock on the door and the recorded delivery guy hands me two books that have been sent by Bono. There's also a little note, which reads, 'I don't know if you were serious the other night, but here's something that might give you a bit more of an understanding.' What a f---ing top geezer! His Dad's on his death bed, yet he still takes the time to go out, buy two books and send 'em to me! . . . I tell you, I'm going to read 'em from cover to cover."

--Oasis' Noel Gallagher [Q/HM, March/April 2002]

Bono... he's so incredible. :yes: :Love: Thanks for the story, Bonopop! :hug:

And it's not just because of his legs!! :D

Back
Top Bottom