Someone Else's Dream - Chapter 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
U2, unfortunately, are not mine. They are real people who I have written about here in a fictional situation that never happened. I don’t have their permission to use their likenesses, but I make no money from the story and it really is just all meant in good fun. Remember, please, that this is just a twisting, turning story out of my imagination which should not reflect upon the band or the individuals within it. It’s only make-believe. There will be some adult themes within this story, and almost undoubtedly a lot of offensive language. Read at your own discretion.

Catalina Chronicles Book 4:

Someone else’s dream

Chapter Ten

Think I'm going for a walk now
I feel a little unsteady
I don't want no one to follow me
except maybe you

I could make you happy, you know
if you weren't already
I could do a lot of things

and I do Tell you the truth I prefer the worst of you
too bad you had to have a better half
she's not really my type
but I think you two are forever
and I hate to say it, but you're perfect together

So fuck you
and your untouchable face
fuck you
for existing in the first place
and who am I
that I should be vying for your touch

I see you when I'm so perplexed
what was I thinking
what will I think of next
where can I hide

In the back room there's a lamp
that hangs over the pool table
and the fan that's on it swings
gently side to side

There’s a changing constellation
of balls as we are playing
I see Orion and say nothing
the only thing I can think of saying is
Fuck you

from ‘Untouchable face’ by Ani Difranco

They weren’t going to be able to fly home until the day after tomorrow. No matter how hard she tried, Cat could find no way to leave any sooner. She had been grateful for her laptop computer and wireless internet service before, but now she cursed at the computer and rose from her seat, wanting to throw something at the damned thing out of frustration. Instead she just grabbed fistfuls of her long, multi-colored hair and let a scream out through clenched teeth.

She was doing the right thing, no matter how much she wanted … it didn’t matter, like Larry himself had said; it was what you actually did that counted. Not what you wanted. And she wanted! Oh, she wanted. Her body was restless, being this close to him; she felt a magnetic pull toward his heat, toward the solid muscle she knew too well was under his shirt. She had felt it, when he’d held her so tight, crushed her with the weight of his own desire.

How was she supposed to stay this close to him, closed up in this tiny house she used to call home for another day? If the weather forecast was right, it was going to rain straight through until Monday, making their quarters even more confining. The thunder had faded into a rumble in the distance, but the steady tapping of rain on the roof had not yet lessened at all. Every inch of her was alert, over-stimulated and aching. Had a few kisses really been all it took for him to affect her this way?

She wanted to run back home and hide, but she knew it wasn’t something which would go away. It had followed her here, after all. She wanted to weep, weep because her body ached for something she could not allow, weep because even wanting it was wrong, weep because she could feel her strength fading fast.

Suddenly, she heard a loud crash in the living room and instinctively hurried to check on the cause. She stopped in her doorway to watch Larry pacing, his posture much the same as hers had been moments before; his hands in his hair, the muscles in his arms flexed. The telephone was in pieces at his feet. He turned to look at her guiltily before stooping and picking it up.

“She hung up on me,” he told her softly. Cat could tell by the way her pronounced his words that he’d been drinking more of that bottle of wine they had opened and which she had forgotten after one glass. His accent always thickened to nearly unintelligible when he’d been drinking. “I’ve tried to call her back three times now, but she won’t even answer the fucking phone!” For a minute Cat thought he might throw the broken pieces of the receiver again.

“Give her a little while, Larry,” Cat told him softly, expecting him to lash out at her in anger. She was ready for him to curse at her or to yell at her, to tell her to shut up or even for him to push her away. She was not prepared for the tears.

“I fucked everything up!” He said, his voice broken as he sniffed and wiped at his cheeks in a last ditch attempt to preserve his pride. “All I wanted …” he started to speak, but from the tension in his shoulders and the way he held his head bowed, Cat knew he was repressing a sob.

She shushed him gently, moving to wrap her arms around him protectively.

“It’s all right,” she whispered soothingly, her hands rubbing up and down the length of his rigid back and shoulders. He clung to her, still fighting desperately not to sob, not to weep openly in front of her. She couldn’t stand it, seeing this man suffering like this. She knew too well that every time he looked at her he would suspect she thought he was weak, that she was thinking about this moment.

She had to refocus his energy, channel the power of his emotions into something else. If he had been a different man, she might’ve picked a fight. She knew Larry would never hurt her, or any woman, like that. He wouldn’t lose his temper and hit her or push her. If anything, it would drive him out into the rain where he might end up hurting himself.

She hung there, on that turning point for a moment, trembling because she knew it was the point of no return. God help her, though, as she stood there in that moment, clinging to him – she wanted him as much as ever, and it was the only thing she could think of.

“Shh. Shh. Larry…” she breathed his name, her lips brushing his earlobe as she angled her face upwards, and her fingers finding his hair and running through it. She kissed his chiseled jaw line once, twice, a third time… he was slowly turning his face toward her, and now their lips met. He was all heat, heat and intensity and desire as he moaned against her kiss in understanding.

He pulled back, breathless and blinked down at her.

“We can’t… we shouldn’t… this is… wrong,” he muttered, his voice fading fast as she took the opportunity to loosen the buttons on his shirt and slip her hands underneath it to seek out bare skin. It didn’t matter to her; she was beyond reason, her mind so filled with his essence that she could not think of anything else. She looked up into his stormy eyes and leaned forward to place a wet kiss in the center of his bare chest. She kept eye contact for as long as she could, and then after each kiss she backed up to meet his eyes again before sinking an inch lower.

Larry’s breathing was sharp, raspy and full of need as he watched her, his strong hands sliding up into her hair to cradle her head. She reached the line of soft, blonde hair beneath his navel and placed one more kiss there, just above the waistband of his jeans. She felt the way the muscles in his abdomen flexed under her touch, felt the desire he still kept restrained was about to break free of his control. She slid upwards along his smooth skin, running the tip of her tongue along the midline where she’d already kissed, diverting midway to the left where she flattened her tongue against one small, budded nipple and gently closed her teeth around it. She felt his hands close around fistfuls of her hair as he groaned in response to her bite.

She couldn’t repress the yelp of pain and surprise as he pulled her up, completely in his control now as he grasped her hair right at the scalp. Her yelp was muffled as his mouth found hers again, covering her with a ferocity she could only imagine in association with Larry; his lips, teeth and tongue all as hard and demanding as his personality could be.

He guided her quickly backwards until her knees hit the edge of the couch and she felt herself falling backwards, and even then he did not release her but fell with her, pinning her to the sofa. He nudged and pushed her into the position he wanted with every inch of his body, guiding her without words onto her back.

Cat smiled, sliding up along side of him to rest her cheek against his sweat slippery chest. She could both feel and hear his heartbeat as she draped one arm across his slender waist, snuggling up despite the heat.

“Oh, fuck Cat,” Larry murmured, kissing her on top of her head. “What have we done?”

“Don’t,” She replied softly. “Just don’t. Not tonight. I need you to be with me tonight; just you and me. The rest of the world is going to come crashing in soon enough and we’ll never be able to get this back.”

Larry sighed and nodded, resting a protective hand on her shoulder, smoothing his other hand over the soft skin of her hip and her leg which was tangled up with his own.

“I needed you, tonight,” he told her. Cat’s eyes burned with tears at the admission; it meant even more, coming from Larry, than ‘I love you’. His needing her was an admission of vulnerability. She hoped he did not feel the tears as they dripped from her lashes when she blinked them away. She didn’t know what to say, and so she remained silent, tightening her grip on him for a moment in response. It wasn’t long before his breathing evened out and slowed dramatically as he drifted off and Cat was lulled into sleep still holding him close.

Check your e-mail or PM's for an unedited version, or if you don't have it and want to read it, just ask me for one :)

Last edited:
:ohmy: Well, this is the frist time Carmel is speechless.

Thank you for the unedited version SG. I always enjoy them. You are such a talented writer.:applaud:

:wave: No unedited version in my inbox. :(
You need to get some sort of permanent list, and you need to put me on the very top of it :D

Not that I ever give you any constructive feedback or anything. :reject:

I can tell you that this makes my stomach hurt :sad: But in a good way, if you get what I mean... I know, I'm :coocoo: :lol:

Devlin said:
Email. Now. Or I will make Larry grow his hair long and greasy again. :macdevil:

:ohmy: will you? :hyper: Please? :love: I wept for a week when he cut his hair :sad:

Stupid hair cut :madwife:

:sigh: now I'm depressed again from thinking about it :sad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom