So what do you do with tour/U2 memorabilia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I'm looking for a few ideas on how to organize all the U2 stuff I've collected over the last tour (magazines, setlists, photos, ticket stubs, guitar picks, etc...) and I'm wondering what you all do with yours. Scrapbook? Shrine in your living room? Box in the basement? I'm terribly uncreative, so any suggestions are appreciated!

I do a little scrapbooking. You can get acid free paper at scrapbook stores that will keep your stuff like tickets, bracelets, etc. from yellowing and deteriorating. Also, you can get pocket pages to store magazines, tour programs and whatnot. And there is an acid free spray you can spray over newspaper clippings to keep them from yellowing, too.

I'm in the process of making a scrapbook for each show I attended, but for people who went to lots of shows, I know that's not feasible. :)

But there are so many things you can buy at scrapbook stores (or even Michael's and Hobby Lobby) to protect your tour items.

Hope this helps.

I put all my pics in a photo album. I also put my wristbands and ticket stubs in there. Magazines, I have a bin filled with all of them from the last 25 years.

me too! that's why i figured I should actually make a plan. i scored Bono's champagne bottle from the closer (we polished it off on the rail) and have no idea where the hell to put it! not exactly easy to scrapbook it.

thanks for the advice, girls! :wave:

ruffian said:
me too! that's why i figured I should actually make a plan. i scored Bono's champagne bottle from the closer (we polished it off on the rail) and have no idea where the hell to put it! not exactly easy to scrapbook it.

oooh, the champagne bottle could make a nice vase. :wink: cool memory!

all the stuff i have from Vertigo and Elevation i keep in a plastic storage box under my bed: in there you'll find ticket stubs, GA bracelets, setlists, guitar picks, photos, etc.

but my one favorite piece of memorabilia- edge's guitar slide- i keep on my CD stand in my bedroom. i like to pick it up and touch it every once in a while... :reject: :wink:

wow, you got his guitar slide??? how cool! how did you get it?

ruffian said:
wow, you got his guitar slide??? how cool! how did you get it?

Dallas gave it to me at the end of a show- he even wrote on it, "Edge's guitar slide" in magic marker... :love: :giggle:

ruffian said:

Lucky girl!
wahooo.gif

I ave a chunk of broken spotlight from Elevation Tour. During Bullet Bono smashed it in a rage.
Hard to frame...

:wave: i know you, iskra. you're mandy's friend. i think we met in...Atlanta? at Houston's?

wall 'o love... :hmm: but then i'd be distracted and i'd keep standing in front of it instead of getting anything done!

ruffian said:
wall 'o love... :hmm: but then i'd be distracted and i'd keep standing in front of it instead of getting anything done!

:lol:

I pretty much throw everything out but I do have a few ticket stubs and the 1987 Time mag with their autographs on it....somewhere in a box :reject:

MsGiggles said:

:lol:

I pretty much throw everything out but I do have a few ticket stubs and the 1987 Time mag with their autographs on it....somewhere in a box :reject:

^:shocked:

:madwife:

:wink:

Kelly, you still don't have the shirt framed??? I gave one I got signed away to some students, and the other one is folded up in my closet :reject:

Trying to carry the champagne bottle back through the venue was crazy--security kept saying, "Um, ma'am, you will have to throw that bottle away." And I kept saying, "but it's Bono's--HE brought it into the building, not me!" :lol:

ruffian said:
Kelly, you still don't have the shirt framed??? I gave one I got signed away to some students, and the other one is folded up in my closet :reject:

Trying to carry the champagne bottle back through the venue was crazy--security kept saying, "Um, ma'am, you will have to throw that bottle away." And I kept saying, "but it's Bono's--HE brought it into the building, not me!" :lol:

:shocked: wanna be my teacher?!!! :wink:

:lmao: about the champagne bottle!

ruffian said:

Very cool! Do you have a mantle or something like that? You could display it there. I'm planning to get my shirt that was signed in a frame along with some pictures I took from the show and my ticket. My stepmom is making a scrapbook page for me too.

ruffian said:

It's folded up on top of my cd rack :reject:.

I'm glad you got to keep the bottle. If security said that to me my response would be, "You'll get it when you take it out of my cold, dead hands! :madwife: "

or something like that :shifty: :wink:

Not that I'm fanatical but I do have a few things hung up around my house:

Vinyls over the fireplace:

IMG_0355.jpg

My home office:

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

I think you get the picture. The Vertigo tour stuff is still sitting on my dining room table. That will be a project for mid- 2006. :reject:

I have a shelf above my desk that I have some of my things displayed on...some of the ticket stubs are framed along with pictures and some other keepsakes. Most of my stuff I have a trunk that I keep it all in. I keep telling myself I'm going to do the scrapbook thing but I never get around to it.

rosa, that's amazing!!! :combust:

i only have 4 framed vinyls on my bedroom wall:
34584%3C86%3B%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3234%3E672%3E733%3EWSNRCG%3D323338549%3A37%3Anu0mrj

managed to get the bono and adam ones autographed:
34584%3C86%3B%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3234%3E672%3E733%3EWSNRCG%3D32333854%3A87%3B%3Bnu0mrj

still no luck with Edge or Larry... :sad:

:wink:

wow, everyone has such a massive collection :love:

all I have is a ticket stub and some magazines. my single ticket stub is pinned to my wall and I have all my mags in a shelf. that's what I call my U2 shrine.. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom