So, those of who have met Bono...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which time??
Sorry couldbt resist but I have waited more years than some people have been alive!!

1) YES!

2) YES !!!:yes: :happy:

Its the accent gets me every single time and that grin,and that mouth and that little scar on his chin and those eyes.......................:drool:

Cant wait to hear it again!!!:wink:

I hope you get to hear him say your name!

I have met Bono twice, and I know that I am not girl and i didn't "melt", but I think that i should tell about the great experience i had the second time i met him.

I was down for the third Popmart show in Chicago, and I just drove down on a whim after seeing the first two shows. My friend and I didn't have tickets but wanted to just be there for the last show in our area. The Lincoln Town Cars drove up and Bono got out. His voice was shot. He talked to a group of about 12 people under a tree and whispered most of the time. He talked about how much he loved Chicago and how much he appreciated us waiting to see them. (12 of the 50,000) lol. Anyway, he spent about 10 minutes out there which really surprised me, just chatting and taking a few pics. At the end he asked if anyone didn't have tickets. My friend and I and two other people said yes. He said "ok, hold on for a minute folks" He got in the car and they drove inside the stadium. about 10 minutes later a couple guys came out and gave us tickets for the show. It was so awesome, and just completely solidified why I love this band. They are multimillionaire rock stars that have anything they want at any time, and still they take time for the few people that were waiting for them. Oh yeah, and before he left, in a whisper he said, "We're gonna blow out your ears tonight". In a way I did melt at that statement. That is a performer that cares about and loves what he does, and cares who he does it for.

Bono is the man. Any more riding in his car stories?? LOL!!

:drool: I met Bono once in a bar <long story>. He never spoke my name , he never spoke a word as a matter of fact! He did however leave me with the best memories a girl could ever ask for and his autograph on a napkin!

and also btw,,,,, I did not melt :wink:

can't wait to try for another meeting :drool: :drool: :drool:

Called me SWEETHEART instead of my name - but did ask my name and wrote it on my copy of Peter and the Wolf - I also got Gavin to sign who drew a heart on my book:heart: - MELT DOWN TWICE :sexywink:

He didn't say my name b/c I didn't tell him. He was kinda in a hurry so we all shook hands and said a quick hello. We had slept out on the cement in line and it was below freezing the whole time so when he got to me he said "Lookit you!" b/c I was wearing like three coats and shaking (I was quite sick and feverish by the time it was all over). He shook my right hand and then right before he let go, he tightened his grip and put his other hand around my hand and said they were so cold. He was wearning this smelly lotion and my hand smelled like him the rest of the day :faint: Then he said to meet him in the same spot at 5pm so we could have a longer chat and take some pics. But at 5pm John Sampson went to Subway and the other dudes wouldn't let Bono go outside without security so he couldn't come. We found him again later on and asked what happened and he said "I WAS here at 5" but he was inside his room. This time though we took pics and some people got an autograph (I didn't bring anything for him to sign). Then this crowd of women that were totally freaking out saw him there and started pushing everyone - even little kids - and John Sampson got REALLY pissed so he pulled Bono into the car and they left. So tit was a little disappointing that they spoiled it so quickly, but hey, we met him briefly twice which is a lot for someone who's never been to a U2 concert to say.

no i didn't say my name altough i had time but i just forgot... stupid!!!
but i wonder if Bono would be able to pronounce my name (hannelore). it could have been very funny though
but as I'm going to dublin and hopefully meet him again i will surely say my name and i'll let you know how he pronounced it

Yes and Yes. He even asked me to spell it for him! :lol: When he said my name again and looked at me straight in the eye I thought I would fall and land on my arse... :lmao:

The same thing happened with Gavin. We were having our picture taken and all of the sudden he turned his head around and asked me: What's your name again? When I turned my head to look at him I was literally 5 cms away from his face :ohmy: I told him my name and he said: Flavia, very slowly... Man! It sounded soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy! :drool:

He didn't say my name, but my friend and I think he called us "darlin." I didn't melt right away the first time I met him, it happened so fast and then after he left it was like Oh My God, I Met Bono!!! Then we started hopping around, shrieking like 12-year-old girls and the whole nine. Bono exudes this warmth and calm, it's hard to be intimidated by him, but he has so much charisma and history that that is a little overwhelming. He's frickin' Bono, y'know?

Last edited:
ah yeah, when i met bono it was amazing. in a bar in cape town after pop mart and there weren't a lot of people there cause its quite small so got to speak to him by myself for a while and had a drink with him at teh bar so he got my name but i totally wasnt expecting him to remember it. but then at the end of the night i was sitting outside on the stpes waiting for my friend to come out and he walked out, stopped at the step below me, took my hand said, "its been a pleasure to meet you dianne" kissed my hand and left
thats when i melted!!:faint:

So, those of who have met U2 more than just once or twice...
what is the correct way to approach them?
I guess shouting "BONO! OMG!!!" or something isn't a good way to do it if you want to meet a couple of times?

The_Edge89 said:
So, those of who have met U2 more than just once or twice...
what is the correct way to approach them?
I guess shouting "BONO! OMG!!!" or something isn't a good way to do it if you want to meet a couple of times?

Just wave at him and wait for him to either come over to you or beckon him over to him. Bono has a pretty keen sense of knowing when someone wants to talk to him so he'd probably send you some kind of sign that he knows you're waiting for him (like a smile or something).

partygirl2u said:
:drool: Yeah Bono knows when you want to,, ummm <you know> ,,, I "beckoned" him with my eyes and my index finger. You definetly do not need to scream or faint. :wink:

Yes I know just what you mean!!
When he hugs you really tight and strokes your back!!!!!!!!!!!:drool: :drool: :wink:

My husband just stood and laughed!!!
:rolleyes:

The_Edge89 said:
What about the others?
What are they like?
How do they like to be approached?

I guess I'll find out one day as well..

The only way to approach the 4 of them is with the respect . As simple as that. it's no good if your turn into a screaming freak! :lol:

Just be yourself, relax and enjoy the moment. :D

Yeah I suppose that's the correct way to do it.
Since I'm a male I guess screaming and shouting etc isn't natural for me to do anyway.
If they invite me to the studio one day I won't record anything while music is being played because fair-play is something I'm really serious with.
If I can't meet anyone of them I hope to at least meet
Dallas Schoo who seems to be a really nice man.

Edge is lovely and Adam Mr Cool!!

Just be calm and be yourself if you are too much in their faces they will just politely pass you by!! I've seen them do it to a few people not nastily or anything they want to talk to you as well!!

We've always got on well with Sam the studio manager and Dallas is another sweetie along with Gavin and Guggi!!

I sometimes wonder what they think to all of us??:huh:

I agree with the respect thing!!

I met the 4 of them, at the airport, in April. I was polite as I could. They arrived, the 4 together....and I was far enough to see them for 2 minuts coming right my way. There were not fans around (just 3 or 4..and the airport staff) I surely MELT at the beggining, but I told myself to calm down and not loose it!!! :drool:
I can't forget how Bono walks...!! And his voice, his accent !!!
They came on my way. First Larry passed...I just said Hello to him..I won a smille! And a 'Hi!' :laugh:
Then Edge..I also won a smile and a Hi!!! :laugh:
But, I was really aiming for Bono...he was not far from me, but there was this guy between us. As far as he saw me, he came around and we hugged each other!!! Like...for ever...!! He didn't say my name, but as I said I loved him, he just said Oh Baby!!!:love: (unforgetable fire!!!) He signed my albums...and we were photographed by a newspaper! I cherish that day like no other!!! They are sweet like no one else!!! YAY for our boys!!!:laugh: :love:

They know who they want to talk to when the arrive at the studios especially cos they scan everyone to make sure there are no nutters, and believe me, I have been there when nutters have been present and its embarrassing as well as shameful. I met Bono, Edge and Adam with Bono's Tart in May with some other friends and you feel excited and giddy but when you are with them you feel calm and together. Adam is soo cool you can feel the coolness come off him, Edge is the same but Bono is the man, he likes to know everything, name, where you are from, how long you are in Dublin, what you'll be doing, and when you say having a few pints in Dockers you can see the temptation on his face, we asked him in November if he wanted to come for a pint and he was tempted but declined (sob sob). So you keep cool, wait for them to wave you over and walk towards them smiling and the world is your oyster.

The_Edge89 said:

If I can't meet anyone of them I hope to at least meet
Dallas Schoo who seems to be a really nice man.

Oh yeah! Dallas is such a sweetheart! :love:

As Emilie wrote on the wall outisde the studio: Dallas Schoo is the nicest man in rock n?roll! :nods:

When we showed him that, he laughed his head off. :D

LOL ok i'm kinda late here...

No Bono didn't know my name but he recognized me since I saw him so many times LOL :reject: he would say Howdy hon LOL (cos I told him I was from Texas)

He put his arm around me first...(I was kinda shy about doing that) and he pulled me down (since i'm so much taller than him lol) and he held me tight :D

Adam asked me my name when he was signing my shoebox (long story lol) and he was like "C-H-R-I-S-T-I-E?" I was like Yeah LOL...(wrong spelling but I wasn't going to correct him)

When I met Edge he was very friendly even tho he was sick.

Larry - The one time i met him (Austin Elevation) I couldn't say much except "happy belated birthday larry!" and can I have your autograph when he was almost leaving I screamed out "I love you Larry!" LOL Then I kinda hid cos I was so embarassed

Mullen-Girl said:
LOL ok i'm kinda late here...

Larry - The one time i met him (Austin Elevation) I couldn't say much except "happy belated birthday larry!" and can I have your autograph when he was almost leaving I screamed out "I love you Larry!" LOL Then I kinda hid cos I was so embarassed

AWESOME....the most cute thing I ever read around here!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom