So, those of who have met Bono...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my_kite said:
I agree with the respect thing!!

I met the 4 of them, at the airport, in April. I was polite as I could. They arrived, the 4 together....and I was far enough to see them for 2 minuts coming right my way. There were not fans around (just 3 or 4..and the airport staff) I surely MELT at the beggining, but I told myself to calm down and not loose it!!! :drool:
I can't forget how Bono walks...!! And his voice, his accent !!!
They came on my way. First Larry passed...I just said Hello to him..I won a smille! And a 'Hi!' :laugh:
Then Edge..I also won a smile and a Hi!!! :laugh:
But, I was really aiming for Bono...he was not far from me, but there was this guy between us. As far as he saw me, he came around and we hugged each other!!! Like...for ever...!! He didn't say my name, but as I said I loved him, he just said Oh Baby!!!:love: (unforgetable fire!!!) He signed my albums...and we were photographed by a newspaper! I cherish that day like no other!!! They are sweet like no one else!!! YAY for our boys!!!:laugh: :love:

:heart:;):wink:

AOD and I met Bono last May at HQ, he came down in his car, stopped and opened the window and said "hi". We asked him if he please would come out because we had a plane to catch. He came out after 5 minutes. It is true what everyone is telling, treat them with respect and you get'll "rewarded" for that.
I met Bono again last August in France :hug: , and there were some fans on the beach behaving very stupid: wearing U2 stuff and playing their music on the beach. The band will never come out to see you when you act like that !!! I met Bono with my family, he was without his family, that made it more easier for me !!! And again he was very nice. He's always interested in where you're from and what your name is etc.......He's soooooo nice !!!!!:heart:

Last edited:
This is what I need to know....how do you figure out how to meet them at an airport?! I'm sorry--I'm really hoping to meet them this year and would like to meet them in the least 'nutter fan' zone possible and the airport makes the most sense. I've breezed by celebs before and really had no interest in making contact--it's different with the boys and it's important to me that I try to meet them. If this makes any sense. ... :huh:

starsgoblue said:
This is what I need to know....how do you figure out how to meet them at an airport?! I'm sorry--I'm really hoping to meet them this year and would like to meet them in the least 'nutter fan' zone possible and the airport makes the most sense. I've breezed by celebs before and really had no interest in making contact--it's different with the boys and it's important to me that I try to meet them. If this makes any sense. ... :huh:

I really don't know how it came to me....I think I was very lucky!! :)
yet...keep in mind I waited for them 6 long hours !! I headed twice to the front door and I was about to leave...but I couldn't do it without reaching our boys!
Oh...and one of the helpfull things...I made some 'friends' at the airport!! :) They weren't suposed to let me know :censored: but...they helped me...and they told me wich was going to be the departure gate for U2! So...I waited by the gate!!! :):wink:
LOL...just telling a few detaild...it was April 30 (the time of the month when we run out of cash!) I had like 10 Eur at my account...and I was out of money in my purse. I had no place to park my car, except a place where I had to pay! I parked the car there...for about 3 hours...but then I had to take it out, or I would run out of cash to pay! I spent 5 Eur with the park...I almost had no money to pay it all! All I could think was: Oh God...if the park is more then 10Eur...I am going to be busted...cus I won't be able to pay it! :)
Then I parked outside the airport...where cops where everywhere...I still don't know how I had no troubles with my car!!! :) I think it was my lucky day! :yes:

I'd have no problem waiting six hours...but how did you know they've prob. be there that day? And before you made friends what part of the airport to go to?! :crazy: Here in the states we aren't allowed to go to the gates either without a ticket.... I'm screwed. Damn freaking religious fanatical nutjobs, spoiling my U2 chances!

Last edited:
ditto starsgoblue...i hate the gate rules. even when i wanted to have somebody at the gate to say goodbye to i couldnt.
i swore i would see bono at the airport last week because he was in portland and so was i but it didnt work:( :( :(
bono why cant i see you?
i gave up a bono sighting to be with my man tho. LOVE SUCKS!!!

u2bonogirl said:
ditto starsgoblue...i hate the gate rules. even when i wanted to have somebody at the gate to say goodbye to i couldnt.
i swore i would see bono at the airport last week because he was in portland and so was i but it didnt work:( :( :(
bono why cant i see you?
i gave up a bono sighting to be with my man tho. LOVE SUCKS!!!

He'll be in Portland Oct. 20.

youtwohearts said:
Starrsgoblue. I'm with you and feel your pain. I am determined that this is going to be my year. I have waited hours came close but nothing. This year...I hope.

:sad: Yeah I know....for some reason I feel like if it doesn't happen this year then it will never happen and that really bothers me. I don't want to meet Bono to tell him that I like his sunglasses or gush over him....I just want to see the proverbial wizard behind the curtain, to come close to someone that is so wonderful and a blessing in a world that has so much darkness. It's like how MLK is to Bono....I want to be able to say that I met the man that had such an influence on me in so many ways, to in some small teeny way be a part of the wonderful legacy Bono is going to leave for the world someday...it was Bono's voice that allowed me to find my own. :sad:

martha said:
Did he say your name?

Did you melt when he did?

Details, please.

I met him after Saturday Night Live, short version- He said "Hi bubblegum" because I was chewing gum, kissed my hand then took a photo with me.

Another time at the New York Times interview-I told him it was my birthday-he said"Oh it's your birthday?" and wrote a happy birthday Heather message to me on my ticket......:love:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom