So much for positivity...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by wildhoney22:
LMAO... if you wanna get Bono in trouble, go here:

http://vikingphoenix.com/Holidays/bono_flag.htm

This is the most rediculous thing I have EVER seen!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe someone cares that much to actually organize this BS! These people need to find something better to bitch about! There are more important things going on. What do they think they'll accomplish by getting people to write the Embassy???..... Headline: "Rocker Bono of supergroup U2 gets kicked out of the country for sporting a leather jacket lined with the American Flag".... FOAD!!! Well they can dream!

I am so fecking sick of it all.... PEOPLE ARE FREE TO SAY AND WEAR ANYTHING THEY WANT!!!!!! Enough said.

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 02-04-2002).]

Okay, that was the biggest bunch of conservitive bullshit I have ever read. I am no bed wetting liberal by far but come on people! The only thing that was valid in the entire thread was the person who said "...you don't have to be a conservitive to love this country..." or something to the effect of that. I am shocked at the ignorance of that entire forum.

Ah Baby Moley
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I loveth thee
smile.gif
Wacky Wacky Moley

HEY! Baby Moley? What is THAT supposed to mean?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
And yes, I'm wacky. I love wackiness.
tongue.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
HEY! Baby Moley? What is THAT supposed to mean?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
And yes, I'm wacky. I love wackiness.
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
*feels the love*

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles."

The Man Corral

i had a debate with people on a Duran Duran board re: the flag topic. people were getting all in a huff because U2 aren't American. now, as we all know, U2 have always been good to American fans....they tour like mad here. I know that Bono and Edge have places here in the US (not sure about Larry and Adam). Bono had the flag in his jacket long before 9/11. i bet you if it were Britney Spears or Kid Rock up there wearing an American flag on their jacket/bikini, people would be happy and say how patriotic it was.

i think the performance was in good taste....of course, i don't think U2 can offend me, ever.

xoxo,
chelsea

Just remember, these are the same idiots that make comments like "There are no bad guns, a gun in the hands of a bad person is a bad thing, but a gun in the hands of a good person, is no threat to anybody, except for bad people"

... Feel free to call me a bleeding hear liberal, but I don't care!!!

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 02-05-2002).]

Embrace it, spinninghead. Embrace it
smile.gif

<------

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Extremist Republican Wankers!

I am definately a liberal, politically speaking. What I saw on that website was a sad, misguided interpretation of what happened at the Superbowl.

That being said ...

First off, I think we need to remember that these extremists who feel the need to spout their rhetoric most likely represent the minority of Republicans. They may be the noisiest group of Republicans, but in terms of numbers, they're in the minority.

Also, as a liberal, I believe in freedom of speech, and while I vehemently disagree with waht they say, they have the right to say it. Isn't that one of the freedoms we're fighting for right now? Look at the people of Afganistan under the Taliban--if they spoke out ageinst the Taliban, they risked being imprisoned or worse.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

FIRST - Great sig line elemole:

""Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest"

BWAAAAHAAWWAA!! I love that game - now I will have to run home and make Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry rides!

Also - one poster on that muck racking page said Bono had a potty mouth! BAWAWAHHHHAAAA! He said potty! <snicker>

Despite all that drivel they may have solved the mystery of Adam's shirt - Che Guevara? Anyone agree/disagree?

And then this quote "Any performance by these talent deficient pre-puberty nitwits is in poor taste." BAHHAWAAHAHA! pre-puberty - I bet they thought they were talking about N'sync or O-town!

You can't argue with fanatics - liberal, conservative or otherwise. All you can do is laugh at the flaming idiocy and crank the volume all the way to 11!! Elevate me! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo! El-e-va-tion!

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

Originally posted by YellowKite:
And then this quote "Any performance by these talent deficient pre-puberty nitwits is in poor taste." BAHHAWAAHAHA! pre-puberty - I bet they thought they were talking about N'sync or O-town!

Ha! Since when were we magically transported back to 1970 when the boys were actually pre-pubescents?

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

That's pretty much what I meant, Heartland Girl.. very good point.

Oh yeah, I knew what you meant. I just wanted to clarify the word that Bono used. There's a big difference between mainstream and system, if you ask me. Your whole post was really good. BRAVO!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Tell you what...whoever created that flag-as-clothing nonsense has their priorities really screwed up.

How about they protest about the fucking fascists who gather around American flags and share their hate-filled bullshit about how anyone who's gay or anyone who's black or anyone who doesn't believe in the same God as them, they're all unAmerican. They don't have a right to live in "their" country. Those people who stand so proud around their flag and talk about how their country is superior to all other countries. How the lives of their citizens should be valued more than the lives of any other country's citizens. How they're superior to anyone else, because on their passport the little country of origin box reads AMERICA.

And this isn't America-bashing becau8se I hate these attitudes whatever country they're coming from. You can replace America with whatever country you want there. It's not America-bashing, it's nationalism-gone-crazy-bashing.

At the end of the day, no disrepect intended, but what is a flag? A brightly coloured piece of cloth? What does it matter if you're hanging in from a flagpole or wearing it inside your jacket or wallpapering your entire house with it?

those people need to lighten up, and check out some of Bill Hicks' stuff. Yes.

"I personally do not believe in burning the flag. It's a personal belief, but I'll tell you something, I think people are overreacting, oh, just a little bit. "Hey buddy, my daddy died for that flag." Well, I bought mine. Sorry. You know they sell them at K-Mart for three bucks, you're in, you're out, brand new flag, no violence was necessary. "Hey buddy, my daddy died in the Korean war for that flag." What a coincidence - my flag was made in Korea!" - Bill Hicks

------------------
I liek milk!

Originally posted by President Stupid:
those people need to lighten up, and check out some of Bill Hicks' stuff. Yes.

"I personally do not believe in burning the flag. It's a personal belief, but I'll tell you something, I think people are overreacting, oh, just a little bit. "Hey buddy, my daddy died for that flag." Well, I bought mine. Sorry. You know they sell them at K-Mart for three bucks, you're in, you're out, brand new flag, no violence was necessary. "Hey buddy, my daddy died in the Korean war for that flag." What a coincidence - my flag was made in Korea!" - Bill Hicks

Well to hear certain groups talk about flag-desecration amendments, etc you'd think there must be an epidemic of flag burning going on. Like people are holding communal flag desecrations in their backyards. Like it's an enormous threat to civilisation.

"Was it not Bono who said "Let's F**K up the system" at the Grammys or some such. I beleive he was trying to rally the troops to support his liberal causes. With 911 and the Anthrax scares did he not get his wish in F&*king up the system."

Actually Bono said something about fucking up the "mainstream," not system. The mainstream in reference to the grammies is obviously a reference to mainstream music, not fucking up a country's political and economic infrastructure.

What a bunch of wankers.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Actually Bono said something about fucking up the "mainstream," not system. The mainstream in reference to the grammies is obviously a reference to mainstream music, not fucking up a country's political and economic infrastructure.

That's pretty much what I meant, Heartland Girl.. very good point.

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

I was at WALMART last night here in Canada, and I found some towels that were American Flags. My boyfriend practically had to drag me out of the store because I was so mad that the right wing assholes were upset that Bono was wearing the flag as a tribute to America, but that noone was protesting the use of flags to dry your body after you have a shower!!!

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:

Oh yeah, I knew what you meant. I just wanted to clarify the word that Bono used. There's a big difference between mainstream and system, if you ask me. Your whole post was really good. BRAVO!

Thanks
smile.gif
and I really agree with the mainstream and system part -- I didn't notice it myself but you're definitely right on what he said.
And LMAO -- I just noticed my response to the "prepubescent" comment -- eek!
tongue.gif

Oh, and jeez, I agree with you Spinny. They are just picking out celebrities they hate and finding a reason to get mad at them, and get others mad as well.
mad.gif
Don't people ever think before speaking? (and in THIS case, typing!)

------------------

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 02-06-2002).]

Republican's can suck it...

They really didn't even mention about the names being scrolled during MLK...that's a pretty appropiate song...Republican bastards

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

Back
Top Bottom