So i was bluntly insulted by one of my best friends today. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Thank you! I hope everyone who has been victimized by those types will come to realize this, that people who do that are the ones with the problem, not you!
I have been fd by people like this. They only find fault in everyone and everything. Ugh.

Old 10-01-2004, 01:37 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Its very rare that someone insults me. And when they do I usually remain cool and calm and eventually forget about it.

Old 10-01-2004, 02:10 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Its very rare that someone insults me. And when they do I usually remain cool and calm and eventually forget about it.
I wish I could say that. Unfortunately I've let some of these people play all sorts of head games on me. One time some told me I was a pain to teach dance to. I was so hurt by the insult that I quit dance classes and gave all of my source material away.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:39 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Aw poor verte! Don't let the bastards drag you down!
Old 10-01-2004, 03:21 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Well, actually it didn't help me with the dance situation when I started having really bad problems with my ankle, going through a number of second-degree sprains (that means torn ligaments....ouch!!). That screwed me big time. The worst thing about ankle sprains is that they really don't heal. Once you've torn those ligaments your ankle is toast. Most recently I sprained the stupid ankle at the Cleveland U2 Fan Celebration in June of 2003 while walking back to the hotel from the Hard Rock Cafe.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:42 PM   #26
War Child

Local Time: 11:41 AM
U2democrat, you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. I'm glad you took the stand that you did. Just be yourself. It sounds like you were a good influence on your friend. Your e-mail may have convinced her not to throw that party.

You sound like my daughter. She just started college, and she complains that all everyone wants to do is party. She had a drink or two at a couple of parties, but felt it wasn't worth getting busted. So she just wants to focus on school.

Don't let some idiotic comments make you feel bad about your college choice. It's an exciting time, and you should not let the bastards grind you down
"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono
The continuous search for purpose...
Old 10-01-2004, 10:23 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Those parties are stupid, potentially dangerous and troublesome. And such good memories 20 years later. (as long as nothing goes wrong)

Talk about bluntly insulted, I was driving down the road with a relative who was talking about house hunting. She told me about a neighborhood she was looking at where the houses were pretty and the people were so nice, but she didn't want to buy into it because the houses were so inexpensive that the people who lived there couldn't possibly be 'worth a shit.' She said this, knowing I couldn't even begin to afford to live where she said the people were not 'worth a shit'- so what does that make me, below shit? I don't think it was a slip either, my family is famous for subtle putdowns like that and later deny any malicious intent. I don't believe it. It's a shame some people have to build their self esteem by insulting others
Yeah, my relatives on my dad's side are the same way. Of course, that's why I haven't dealt with them since his death over 10 years ago. Just much better that way. Can't say I miss any of them either.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:42 AM   #28
New Yorker

U2Democrat,

I'm very glad the party issue is solved. I grew up in Hampton and my brother graduated from Christopher Newport as did my best friend (I went to ODU before moving to OH). She then went W&M to get her Masters in Ed. It is a very good school and has been much improved over the last ten years. My brother is a senior account exec at Fed Ex so he has done well also. The local contacts he made have been invaluable.

So have a great time at school this fall and enjoy the perks being near the beach, Williamsburg, and the social life in Norfolk and Va Beach. I had a blast in the day.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:07 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks for all this support, its great! One thing I like about Christopher Newport is that it is a "dry" campus, meaning no alcohol allowed. Getting wasted in order to have fun and then not remembering it the next day and feeling like crap doesn't seem worth it to me when you can have just as much fun when you're straight.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:01 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Thanks for all this support, its great! One thing I like about Christopher Newport is that it is a "dry" campus, meaning no alcohol allowed. Getting wasted in order to have fun and then not remembering it the next day and feeling like crap doesn't seem worth it to me when you can have just as much fun when you're straight.
That's very true. It's really insane. It's also downright dangerous. DUI's and such are not cool.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:41 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

3.4 is a really good average GPA! I know my school doesn't have that! I don't even have that!

Your friend is an idiot who has no idea what she is in for with college. If she even gets into UVA or Virigina Tech, she will be working her ass off. You are right about it not mattering where you go, but how you do. Ignore her. She doesn't sound like a very nice person, anyway.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:33 PM   #32
The Fly

Local Time: 11:41 AM
Hun, DONT GO!!!!

Trust me on this, if somehting happens you could be liable. Plus youre parents can be liable as they are taking responsibility for her, so your family could get sued. Even by her folks!!!

Dont risk it, tell your folks ASAP, or accidentally let it slip.

SHE is abusing your parents trust. SHE is using you and your folks to cover for her, without them knowing it.

And your letting her.

If she is your friend, then she is having one serious, serious lapse of judgement that could jepordize you, her, your friends and your family

*thus speaks the voice of experience that whishesshehadntdonesomestupidassthingsinherday*