So excited fer college

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
[color=royal blue]After Bluey telling me that college is better than real life...how could I think otherwise.....? ;)

OK check it: the other day I got my dorm assignment and I'll be rooming with a girl from New Jersey.

*visions of
334%3C3%3A3923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D576%3D796%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C93972%3B5ot1lsi

334%3C3%3A3923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D576%3D796%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C93972%3B4ot1lsi

and

jbj1b.jpg

dance in my head*

And then I was kind of confused bc they put me in the building for honors ppl (yes I'm in the univ honors program....I'm such a nerd....) that's usually fer the performing arts ppl bc the new perf arts center is right next to the 3 dorm buildings and their eating place.

And I'm supposedly majoring in English...and I'm like o_O They're putting me with drama queens and MIMES.

But then I'm like ....waitaminuta all throughout high school all I ever did was drama and choir and band...wtf Mona. AND MAYBE I'LL FIND A DRUMMER. OR AT LEAST A MANDOLIN PLAYER. OR SOMEONE WHO PLAYS SPOONS.

Other cool thing: this is from the website of the dining place.

Are you a Performer?
If you are interested in performing on our stage, please call Fred after 2 p.m. at 301-314-8010 or e-mail him at frattlif@dining.umd.edu. We?re looking for bands, comedians, magicians, poets, guitar soloists, gospel singers, dance groups and more to showcase their talents on our stage.

O_O; if I do a concert of "Sunday Bloody Sunday", magic, and interpretive dance, will you all come see me?
[/color]

Aw Mona Im so excited for ya. Bluey is right, college is way better than real life. :)

I wish I was going back to college.....Better yet, I wish I was going back to high school!! :sad:

*feels old*

u2loopy said:
Better yet, I wish I was going back to high school!! :sad:

*feels old*

:no: Ugh no those were the worst days of my life. College was the best though.

Droomers and Mandos and Spoonies...oh my...

Drummer:

drummer.jpg

Mandolin player:

josh%20mandolin.jpg

Spoons:

spoons.jpg

Hmmm...maybe you're better off with this....

mime.jpg

*runs off* :laugh: :dance:

Re: Re: So excited fer college

daisybean said:

I've always wanted to see an intrepretive dance version of SBS complete with magic tricks.

Have tons of fun..... and yes college is better than real life....

:lol:

I went to university for one semester, but then I transferred to community college because it was cheaper. :slant:

It was the best semester of my life, but I also had some of my worst moments! *lol* I also let the party animal inside of me come out! :silent: I went to frat parties every weekend! But I still made the Dean's List! :angel:

Have a great time!

Personally, I just am handing in the last bit of coursework I had left to complete my college degree and I can't be happy enough that it's over. Fun but it gets long. Very long. lol.

sulawesigirl4 said:
Have a great time!

Personally, I just am handing in the last bit of coursework I had left to complete my college degree and I can't be happy enough that it's over. Fun but it gets long. Very long. lol.

LOL. I hear ya, sula. I'm really excited to start my senior year, but then my brain is like "hey, you still have to write your BA Paper" and I'm like "Oh, yeah...crap. What was my topic again?" ;)

But starting college is soooo exciting. I sorta wish I were doing that again instead of finishing up. You gals will have a great time. :)

madonna's child said:
Gah, I'm nervous as hell.

actually you know it is kinda scary........ after going to school with all girls fer 4 years I know how annoying they can get.......living with a hall of them is kind of unsettling. Also I KNOW I'll get lost at one point or another. And it takes a LONG time fer me to warm up to people. And--

pinsky.jpg

DR. DREW: ......

O shut up.

Jersey girls can be scary

I hope your dorm mate can at least tolerate U2!!

Re: Jersey girls can be scary

Sicy said:

[color=royal blue]! she best! *SMACKDOWN*

I can cry on cue...
[/color]

My Roommate Was A Canadian From Rhode Island Because Her Dad Got Kicked Out Of Canada

Sicy said:

My roommate HATED U2.

She ended up moving out in 2 weeks. :D

Monita! You will have a wonderful time! And you best tell us all about it! :)

College is wonderful in some respects....mostly the ones you name...and you'll find friends :) Specially if you're living in the theatre dorms!

Anywho...when do you start?

Good luck!

P.S. You best be performing at that little showcase in the dining hall thing... you are one talented person and you BEST show that off! [/ghetto]

Going away to college for the first time is so exciting! It is SOOO much better than high school. Sure, you will have some scary moments, but it's worth it to have FREEDOM and to meet so many new people and learn new things! Living in the theater dorm sounds like fun. I'll bet you will have a blast.

*looks forward to wacky Mona college stories*

College. Four years where you get to be you, the whole you, and nothing but you....before you're forced to become a grownup and get a *coughreallifecough*! :lol:

So your roomie's from Joisey, eh? Omigawd. So are you going to brainwa--, er, introduce her to all that is U2 and Interference??? Oh my, the poor girl. :slant: :D

Hey Mona, was out and about at lunch, and heard Bruuuuuuce singing "Tunnel of Love" in the store....which if course made me think of you. :sexywink: I've never been a huge Bruce fan (sorry, please don't shoot me) but that's def. one of my faves....

HAVE FUN and hey....let's be careful out there. :)

Discoteque said:
*looks forward to wacky Mona college stories*

College. Four years where you get to be you, the whole you, and nothing but you....before you're forced to become a grownup and get a *coughreallifecough*! :lol:

O well I'm gonna be a rockstar so I won't have to grow up or have a real life. No worries

Those who avoid real life are the lucky ones, and my heroes! I don't admire anyone with a real job, only those who have escaped having to have one. You go girl! :up:

PS Did you see the neck and neck collage on Jam Jar's thread?:drool:

Back
Top Bottom