So...did you get anything U2ey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyes

Refugee
Did Santa leave you anything U2 related?

I didn't get anything directly U2 related but oddly enough I recieved two pairs of tuxedo pants and a red satin tuxedo shirt.
I also got a "Bono jacket" like the one he wears in "Stuck" but with a hood.

What about you? Share your booty...so to speak.
-Bluey

Gee whiz I have everything it was so hard for anyone to find something I didn't have!
biggrin.gif
I did get the complete encyclopedia.

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

LMAO I wanna rifle through yer closet, Bluey
biggrin.gif

I got a mess of gift card thingies.

*raids Best Buy and Border's* *maul* Nothing stirctly U2ey....unless Bono wear striped socks....and pants with sock monkeys on them...

My BonoJacket
ona136876p1.jpg
only mine's black.

We were in Old Navy and I was like "Mommy, I want this for XMas" and I was standing right there as she paid for it. LMAO IT WAS ON SALE!!!!!!! I love the way we do presents.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 12-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 12-25-2001).]

Originally posted by Veranda:
Gee whiz I have everything it was so hard for anyone to find something I didn't have!
biggrin.gif
I did get the complete encyclopedia.

Hey is the encyclopedia good? I have money to spend at Border's and I'm gonna get THE BIBLE if they have it, and I need to catch up on my U2 reading
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

I got the 2002 calendar and some money which I intend to spend on some U2 reading so it kinda counts.
smile.gif

Yeah! Calluna sent me the U2 encyclopedia and my mom brought me the Walk On single back from her trip to Australia.

Well I gave out 3 2002 Calenders
biggrin.gif
and I got Larry tearaway pants! and an Edge spangled black bracelet! woohoo!

I bought for myself over Amazon the new Walk On U2 book!

Originally posted by Sicy:
Yeah! Calluna sent me the U2 encyclopedia and my mom brought me the Walk On single back from her trip to Australia.
She should've brought back Russel Crowe!

Er....

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
I got Larry tearaway pants!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Originally posted by WildHonee:
LMAO I wanna rifle through yer closet, Bluey
biggrin.gif

Lol...one of the pairs has Edge-like rhinestones all down the side. My Great Aunt said I'd look like Elvis and I said "That's the idea little momma!". Now she's calling me Mrs. Presley.

Olive....don't get your tearaway pants anywhere near a certain angel...they'd be gone in NO TIME.
-Bluey

I got a couple of U2-ey things....the dvd i'd been buggin ppl about and a kewl frame for my autographed Adam pic!
I also got another U2 book, the niall stokes book 'into the heart'....i am gonna use it to catalog my u2 mp3 library! wooohoooo!

most of the other stuff was clothing and accessories, scented oils....you know, girlie stuff!

I hope everyone got what they wished for!

------------------
"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting. If you've chosen that instrument you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident" - Adam

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Well, I got a karaoke machine and a voice canceler so I can take the vocals out of my U2 tapes and sing my own versions.

The whole thing actually started 'cause my dad wanted me to sing a Janis Joplin song and this old World War One Christmas song for him. Yes I am a good singer, some people are skeptical who haven't heard me...so I told him, Get me some equipment so I dont have to just sing them into a My First Sony or something. But after I knew I was getting the recording equipment, I was like, You know, I bet I could do kick-arse versions of "Van Diemen's Land" and "Two Shots of Happy"....

icon37.gif
<--- Echo belts out "40."

------------------
*Echo the Pimpstress* ... Proud Owner of Animatronic Edge!

Hell hath no fury like the vast robot army of a woman scorned.

"Now you stop all this naked foolishness and go outside!
It's too nice a day to be stupid indoors!" - Ren Hoek

Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure!

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Delicious AND Nutritious!

Originally posted by sparkys girl:

I also got another U2 book, the niall stokes book 'into the heart'....

Hey-I got that book too!!

I got the Joshua Tree DVD that I already have-so I have to return it.

I got a new computer a few months ago, so that was my main gift-but today I got some candles, a nice striped sweater and some long sleeved t's, some CD learning software for XP...

<-----village idiot

Hmm-what else? Titanic on DVD, a patriotic mousepad w/ the flag and eagle on it, body lotion, shower gels, etc. A beautiful Irish crystal candleholder, movie gift certificates.

OK-I've bored you all enough
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by blueeyes:

Olive....don't get your tearaway pants anywhere near a certain angel...they'd be gone in NO TIME.
-Bluey

*thud*
learned that one the "hard" way , Bluey....

wink.gif
heeeheeee

I got a new computer a few months ago, so that was my main gift-but today I got some candles, a nice striped sweater and some long sleeved t's, some CD learning software for XP...

BONO sleeves?
biggrin.gif

Er.. in response to the original question.. so far, no. But I KNOW I *am* going to.
smile.gif
(How do I know this? My relative told me it was U2. Of course right away I almost said,"ALL OF THEM? WHERE?"
wink.gif
Anywaaay..) My main Christmas present was the concerts this year.. so in a way, I could list it like this:

- Bono smile
- Edge smile
- Bono's pant escapades

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I am feeling incredibly silly.
wink.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

What I Got For Xmas:
07.jpg

oh wait....no I didn't.
frown.gif

But I did get a beginner bass! :: bouncebounce :: I can play With Or Without You! :: bouncebouncebounce ::

Also got a second leg tour t-shirt from a friend of mine. Am hoping for the Boston DVD and maybe Rattle And Hum......?

izzy ( :: bouncebounce :: )

------------------
you are allowed to shoot me if my sig gets over five lines.
Perpetual Newbie in the ScottPhisto Society
"I invented cool. And you're on a boat with me." -Larry Mullen, Jr. (at Sellafield)
"Some artists become dull when they stop drinking or drugging, but Adam's not one of them. He's his old self. He loses none of his rubber-band-shooting,water-gun-squirting, public-disrobing spirit when he doesn't drink." - Bono

What I WANT for Christmas:

Elevated+Bono.jpg

But I didn't get that. Oh well.
frown.gif
wink.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

No but I GAVE U2-ey stuff to my sibs and folks: home-burned CDs of some early Boy/October stuff, the "complete" JT, ATYCLB + B-sides, and the Tribute to Heroes music.

Also, just before I left to go home for the holidays, I received a copy of the U2 Encyclopedia as well, but blargh! on UPS! I was anxiously waiting for a copy of the book "Walk On" from Amazon, but they prolly delivered it 2 days after I left. So at least I'll have that to look forward to when I go back, yay!

p.s. I was disappointed in the Encyclopedia -see the thread I started a while back on this...
Originally posted by blueeyes:
Did Santa leave you anything U2 related?

I didn't get anything directly U2 related but oddly enough I recieved two pairs of tuxedo pants and a red satin tuxedo shirt.
I also got a "Bono jacket" like the one he wears in "Stuck" but with a hood.

What about you? Share your booty...so to speak.
-Bluey

Four blown up and framed photos from my two U2 concerts from my mom. I cried.
smile.gif
The Best Buy cd... and I got a cd-r drive that's not working right. I've already done this on EYKIW, and I'll do it again, if you'll direct your attention to the internet music board you will see my problem. It's about converting mp3s to AIFFs. *sigh* I am so not a techie. But I have to get HMTMKMKM on cd!!! *OH oohhh*

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm included to believe... are good things." - Adam

santa was very good to me this christmas. i got the u2 elevation dvd and rattle and hum dvd... now i have to go and buy a dvd player! i also got the u2 calender and best of all my mum and sister have ordered and paid for my U2 number plates for my car!!
I cant wait to get them!
they are OOU200

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Originally posted by Echo:
Well, I got a karaoke machine and a voice canceler so I can take the vocals out of my U2 tapes and sing my own versions.
!!!!!!!! That's so flippin' cool! KARAOKE PARTY AT ECHO'S PLACE!! I'll bring the KoolAid and the imitation crab meat!!!
biggrin.gif

OMG!

One of my brothers is so desperate around holidays to buy us stuff and he's like ANYTHING. I'LL BUY YOU ANYTHING. You want a new computer? A CD player? Video games? X Box?

I don't WANT a flippin' X Box, man.

Hey mom.....if I asked Nick for a Karaoke machine, d'you think he'd get one.

Yes. DON'T YOU DARE!!!

LMAO I don't know where he gets this money....IT'S AMERICAN BEAUTY ALL OVER AGAIN!!! No.

<-----*Fed Exes self over to sing ISHFWILF*

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

I got the book "At the End of the World", the "Million Dollar Hotel" Soundtrack, and an Edge Hat.

I also got a pair of jeans that I don't like, that I will be returning and exchanging for "Bedazzled" jeans!!!

Merry U2 Christmas Everyone.

My Christmas this year was dedicated to U2
wink.gif
The concert tickets, I got the tourbookie thing, a U2 shirt, a U2 book, and my brother even stole the joshua tree from my cd collection and wrapped that up...

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

Nothin U2ey at all. I did get a new walkman which I needed desperately, so, I can start listening to my tapes again at least!(or,the ones that werent thrown out anyway
frown.gif
)

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

I got something from my boyfriend that some of you probably already have... but that's OK...
smile.gif

Wooo Hooo! The W I D E S C R E E N version of Rattle & Hum in DVD.

*Yes! Yes! Yes!*
*Moonie's doing the Larry version of Yes! Yes! Yes! in the the Stuck video*
*Moonie's doin' Larry?!*

*is scandalized*

Moonie
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

[This message has been edited by moon_is_playing_tricks (edited 12-25-2001).]

I got October. I've only had a burned copy before, that didn't work. That's it when it comes to U2 stuff. But I got Mrs Edge's story and I've been listening to Christmas (Baby please come home) as soon as I've got a chance.
And, maybe the best of all.... SNOW!!!!! Plenty of it!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
I can't remember when we last had a christmas with minusdegrees and more then a few millimetres of snow. And it came even more the night between christmas eve and day so yesterday I was out riding for over two hours, cantering in the snow where noone else had been before so it was just beautiful. The trees hanging down from the weight of the snow, everything quiet.
So that's my christmas, riding in the snow, reading my story and listening to October and Baby please come home. Pretty good christmas if you ask me.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I got a whole bunch of U2 CD singles ... which I picked out myself. I also got the U2 concert documentary book. That book is the most awesome thing! If you don't have it, get it!! There is such great stuff in there.
My friend Gina (Hallelujah Here She Comes) bought it for me, and keep having to call her or e-mail her the latest amusing/cute/hilarious things I've read since the last time I talked to her. I'm sure she loves it.
wink.gif

One thing that scandalized me: during the 1992 show in Gothenburg, Bono called a beautiful blonde girl onto the catwalk. He started moaning while shaking a champagne bottle: "Woo, a good one, ah!" and then, as the cork popped out and the champagne started flying everywhere, he apparently bellowed, "Oh yeah, I'm coming!" !!!! I think this falls under the heading of "He did not!"

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
I got a whole bunch of U2 CD singles ... which I picked out myself. I also got the U2 concert documentary book. That book is the most awesome thing! If you don't have it, get it!! There is such great stuff in there.
My friend Gina (Hallelujah Here She Comes) bought it for me, and keep having to call her or e-mail her the latest amusing/cute/hilarious things I've read since the last time I talked to her. I'm sure she loves it.
wink.gif

One thing that scandalized me: during the 1992 show in Gothenburg, Bono called a beautiful blonde girl onto the catwalk. He started moaning while shaking a champagne bottle: "Woo, a good one, ah!" and then, as the cork popped out and the champagne started flying everywhere, he apparently bellowed, "Oh yeah, I'm coming!" !!!! I think this falls under the heading of "He did not!"

*is scandalized*

*holy hot buckets...*

Moonie
smile.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Back
Top Bottom