Snoring in tune? Bono and CNN Travel companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
LMAO! I just got done watching the CNN report on Bono's trip to Africa. The LUCKY lady from CNN had such a smirk on her face as she told her co-anchor how she would be traveling with Bono and O'Neill. He asked her how much access she would have to Bono, and she could not hold in her smile as she said they would be on the same plane and traveling together! The man said, "well you can tell us if he snores!" She smiled again and blushed and said, "well I don't know if I'm going to find that out, (I'm sure she wished she was in his room while he was sleeping!
wink.gif
)"but I'm sure if he does, he snores in tune!" LOL!
biggrin.gif

BTW everyone, she said starting Sunday there would be daily reports from her, so it looks like a bono-fide BONO BONANAZA of pics and things to tape coming up! She said her stories would air on CNN and CNN International for you non-US fans! Get ready!

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

LOL@snores in tune...that's a good one!

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Originally posted by On The Edge:
Haha! Damn I wish I had CNN.

Ditto, so someone's gonna do some taping and mass distributing right?!?!?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I retain the right to act like a hormonal teenager because i am one!!!" ~~~ Laura

AIM: Rattle n Hum 02

peace out \\//

When? WHEN? What time will these daily reports be on? Is there a specific news program she was on? GAH! I'm going to be out of town, but I want to be able to tape them! MEH! Someone will tape them, right? RIGHT? *deep breaths*

So, does anyone know if stealing cable is a felony offense in the U.S.?
wink.gif

PLEBA: uhh...why?
Ellen: oh, no reason. *looks around suspiciously* no reason at all...
PLEBA:
icon29.gif

------------------
"Well, it could have been an artichoke, but we wanted a more practical fruit." -Larry

AIM: LightMyWay02

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*turns on TV to CNN*

*moves computer into TV room*

*sleeps, eats, plays in TV room waiting for new updates*

Crap...o_O what If I have to use the bathroom???
ooo! I know!
*installs TV in bathroom and leaves it on CNN*

wink.gif

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

"No, I will not do the snake dance for you!" ~ Bono after the post-Super Bowl party

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

My U2 Site

U2: Rock's Hottest Tamales

Originally posted by Phuzzie_the_camera_girl:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*turns on TV to CNN*

*moves computer into TV room*

*sleeps, eats, plays in TV room waiting for new updates*

Crap...o_O what If I have to use the bathroom???
ooo! I know!
*installs TV in bathroom and leaves it on CNN*

wink.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty much boycotting CNN. I love my Bono, but I loathe CNN. CNN are anti-Isreal and are blaming Isreal for the 9/11 attack, I just don't want to EVER watch CNN, unless they feature Bono and/or U2 again, but THAT'S IT.

That lady is lucky though, I would love to travel with Bono, who wouldn't? I wonder what he looks like in the morning LOL

Originally posted by the_fly2002:
I'm pretty much boycotting CNN. I love my Bono, but I loathe CNN. CNN are anti-Isreal and are blaming Isreal for the 9/11 attack, I just don't want to EVER watch CNN, unless they feature Bono and/or U2 again, but THAT'S IT.

That lady is lucky though, I would love to travel with Bono, who wouldn't? I wonder what he looks like in the morning LOL

I have like not watched it for so long I didn't even know that. Well look at it as your revenge- you only take what you want from them and spit out the rest. They have done you a favor! Besides if you are not participating in a Neilson ratings poll no one will know if you watched or not, so don't worry about giving them any business.

I'm pretty much boycotting CNN. I love my Bono, but I loathe CNN. CNN are anti-Isreal and are blaming Isreal for the 9/11 attack,

WHAT??????? I would really like to know why you think they are biased towards Israel I watch CNN several times a week and I have never thought this.......It's fine to have an opinion but I would like to know what they have said or done that has made you think this way......

No need to get defensive. If you like CNN, then GREAT, but personally I think they are biased. There's one reporter lady, can't remember her name, that has made many disparaging remarks about Israel. If you like CNN, great for you, personally I can't stand to watch CNN.

I'll watch out for it. I wasn't getting defensive but maybe it came across that way.

Sorry if that came out wrong.

Originally posted by hotpepper:
I'll still watch CNN and keep my eyes out for the biased reporting.

HP,

Careful...many times you have to know about what they DON'T report to see the bias.

This has been a public service annoucement.
wink.gif

Isn't Bono hot?

SD

he's there now, so remember stories should be showing up any time now. First one who sees them please post!
smile.gif

------------------
~"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy,
I don't mind, think they're crazy
running everywhere at such a speed
'til they find, there's no need!
Please don't spoil my day,
I'm miles away,
and after all, I'm only sleeping!"~
John Lennon

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
he's there now, so remember stories should be showing up any time now. First one who sees them please post!
smile.gif

stories? me? *giggle*

do inform those of us who have no cable
frown.gif

I just taped 8 hours of CNN straight.... so I am going to rewind now and look through, yes, I know it sounds crazy, I'll let you know if there were any reports today!
They should have made a website where we could go and read about their travels!

Thanks please let us know!!

That chick on CNN is supposed to have a log of her trip on cnn.com but I went on there today and nothing yet. Maybe she is too busy interviewing Bono to write
smile.gif

Just found this now
Here's the link http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/africa/05/21/kagan.day1.otsc/index.html

Traveling with 'odd couple' Bono and O'Neill
Rock star, Treasury chief share thoughts on Africa trip
May 21, 2002 Posted: 1:08 a.m. EDT (0508 GMT)

Kagan is accompanying Bono and O'Neill on their trip to Africa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editor's note: In our Behind the Scenes series, CNN correspondents share their experiences in covering news around the world.

By Daryn Kagan
CNN

ACCRA, Ghana (CNN) -- It's not easy to get from Atlanta, Georgia, to Accra, Ghana, in western Africa. The challenge is even stiffer when you need to pick up one of the biggest rock stars in the world and the U.S. Treasury secretary along the way.

Photographer Dan Young and I flew commercial to Dulles International Airport outside Washington, D.C. That's where we, along with producer Ted Winner, boarded a charter plane and headed overnight seven hours to Frankfurt.

Why Germany?

Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill was coming from a meeting of finance ministers in Bucharest, Romania.

U2's Bono was coming from a weekend-long bachelor party for "The Edge," the band's lead guitarist. That gathering was held in New York City. I guess Frankfurt was the easiest place to meet up.

The difference in their previous destinations tells you all you need to know about how different these two men are.

Yet, somehow, each gets where the other is coming from when it comes to helping the people of Africa.

Their mission is to draw attention to Africa's problems of poverty, disease and debt. O'Neill also has taken the position that increased aid must and should be accompanied by results.

As we flew over Spain, Bono and O'Neill sat down and gave me their first interview as a team. Just me, Bono and the Treasury secretary talking Africa 35,000 feet over the Rock of Gibraltar. Today, I love my job. Even if I'm not sure, with all the travel and time changes, exactly which day it is.

Each man shared some personal tidbits.

''Y'know, I'm not easy," Bono shared halfway through our chat. ''I'm a rock star. I'm not tidy and I stay up late.''

Most probably studying the issues we will face on this trip. O'Neill will be the first to tell you Bono has this stuff down cold.

As for the Treasury secretary, he admitted that no, he has never been to a U2 concert. But the man is already quoting the band's lyrics.

''I still haven't found what I'm looking for,'' the secretary said when talking about finding a solution for solving Africa's problems.

''But maybe we will on this trip. And that will be a 'Beautiful Day.'''

The next 10 days are going to be fascinating. I hope you take the trip with me here on CNN.com and on CNN.

((Bono and Edge were here in NYC!!! Nooooo!))

[This message has been edited by Lise (edited 05-20-2002).]

Yee haw it's about time! Whar's the pics? I'm runnin off to adjust my satellite dish!

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

OOOOOOMGGGGGG!!!!! That feckin rocks...Oh wait shite I don't have CNN...well I hope somebody puts them on a site for us not livin in America to watch...LOL Imagine if they had 24 hour coverage???? Bono sleeping for 8 hours...LOL we'd monitor how many times he snores in an hour and how many times he changes positions lmfao...well ok maybe not...but still i'd be so funny!
biggrin.gif

------------------
THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Me: Bono do you know PLEBA?

Bono:*stares at me scared* ...Scary Girls!!

Originally posted by Lise:
As for the Treasury secretary, he admitted that no, he has never been to a U2 concert. But the man is already quoting the band's lyrics.

''I still haven't found what I'm looking for,'' the secretary said when talking about finding a solution for solving Africa's problems.

''But maybe we will on this trip. And that will be a 'Beautiful Day.'''

Oh gawd.
hehe Still, I'm glad this showed up.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Back
Top Bottom