snapcrap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seabird

War Child
with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she
I've seen snapfish called this on this forum before and that's how I feel right now. My daughter uploaded some pics there but it's so slow, after we click on the thumbnails the large pic will never materialize. Do any of the rest of you have a problem with snapfish and what service do you recommend most?

Last edited:
I call it f**kfish, :lol:

Anyways, I don't like snapfish because takes too long for my computer to load (dialup user here :grumpy:) and every time I try to log in and upload pictures or try to view them, it freezes up and I've got to restart :rant:

I haven't tried this service yet, but it's in partner with BestBuy - www.shutterfly.com

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
I've noticed that when I upload smaller pics to Snapfish now, it automatically stretches them out to make them bigger. Ugh! :down:

snapfish has been painfully slow for me lately. I uploaded a bunch of stuff the other day and it kept freezing so I'd have to cancel. Now I can barely get into any of my albums :mad: :madspit:

arw9797 said:
I uploaded a bunch of stuff the other day and it kept freezing so I'd have to cancel.

That happened to me, too! So, I just left Snapfish and moved to Photobucket. MUCH easier. :up:

kellyahern said:

I got an email from them that I'd used too much bandwidth. :uhoh: I posted too many Ryan pics at a message board, so I went and deleted my posts. :lol: I think I'm gonna send them a donation though, since I do use them so much.

souLnation2002 said:
every time I try to log in and upload pictures or try to view them, it freezes up and I've got to restart

Sometimes your internet browser or modem configuration is set to time out after a certain amount of time. this was happening to me whenever I tried to upload for more than a few minutes at a time. I don't remember how, but I changed a setting in my dial up connection that had nothing to do with Snapfish and it was fine after that.

I can't use snapfish. My computer won't load it, the ads freeze it up. I have trouble looking at other people's albums too. I have a boomspeed account and a fotki account, both of which I pay for. Boomspeed is $6 a month for 100MG (or something) and they don't change the size of your pics. Fotki does shrink, but you still have the original stored and you can click on a link to see it. Only the smaller version will post, but for $30 a year you get UNLIMITED storage space and the right to link to message boards. The reason I pay is because I got tired of services shutting down, deleting pics, not letting you post on message boards, or bitching about bandwidth. I think the fotki page is the best deal, even better than a website as far as money goes because you can upload and post all you want and never have to hear anyone complain about the bandwidth. BC, Kelly paid a donation to photobucket and it solved her problem. I have nothing against photobucket, but I already had boomspeed so I never messed with it when it came around. I got the fotki page because I wanted my pics in albums that were as close to a website as this HTML illiterate person is going to get.

Well I'm a geek :wink: :edge:, so I have a domain and hosting. It's pretty cheap but I guess not everyone wants to fool with that.

There are a few totally free image hosts around that you don't even need an account for, with no ads or anything. I was looking around at a couple earlier. One of them was dog slow but the one I just tried seems pretty fast. I posted some pics from it on the last post of the practice thread out in PLEBA. (Hope that was OK...)

http://www.imgspot.com/

It even puts it into the board code for you. You don't get a photo album or anything but I guess you could keep a Notepad doc with all your pic URLs or something.
:hmm:

kellyahern said:

were they bitmaps? jpg's seem to work better in photobucket for some reason :reject:

yeah they are :mad: It seems that bmp looks better on snapcrap then jpg so I've always saved my pictures using bmp. I did upload some pictures from my camera and they look really nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom