Smoking transforming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
have you heard him now days!!
HE SOUNDS HORRIBLE!(go watch the new version of ONE)
NO power in his voice at all!!!
about that zootv clip!! he still had the vocals during zootv!!
he even looked good back then(but thats not the point)!!
but now he has no power in his voice and he has lost his good looks (ps whats up with his new hair doo)

on a good not, im happy to see EDGE playing with other artists and getting away from the politician known as BONO!!

LISTEN TO THIS CLIPS OF ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwRxnG0hals

now go listen to the crapolla that bono sang with mary j blige!!

the best was in the past!!!! i say bono needs another throat operation!!LOL:wink:

Last edited:
shaun vox said:
have you heard him now days!!
HE SOUNDS HORRIBLE!(go watch the new version of ONE)
NO power in his voice at all!!!
about that zootv clip!! he still had the vocals during zootv!!
he even looked good back then(but thats not the point)!!
but now he has no power in his voice and he has lost his good looks (ps whats up with his new hair doo)

on a good not, im happy to see EDGE playing with other artists and getting away from the politician known as BONO!!

LISTEN TO THIS CLIPS OF ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwRxnG0hals

now go listen to the crapolla that bono sang with mary j blige!!

the best was in the past!!!! i say bono needs another throat operation!!LOL:wink:

I think you got me wrong. SOme people are saying that Smoking dosent change your voice. That was the meaning with this thread, that it does. I think his voice was great in the ZooTV days. The ZooTV and the Vertigo days are my favorite eras of his voice. :)

RademR said:
the way he's singing "Miss Sarajevo", i think we'll be alright

And the way he is singing other tunes, Vertigo, OOTS, Bad, and Sometimes.... Shauan I think he sings One with not much passion nowadays is because its been played to death.

Memo to U2,

For the next tour:

Bullet
Pride
One

need a much needed rest.

bono's voice has certainly changed, but maybe it's age and overuse (well not overuse but you know what i mean) as well as smoking?

I listen to Rattle n Hum days singing and OMG I die!
Different qualities now.

MadDaisy said:
bono's voice has certainly changed, but maybe it's age and overuse (well not overuse but you know what i mean) as well as smoking?

I listen to Rattle n Hum days singing and OMG I die!
Different qualities now.

ZooTV are so much better!

biff said:
Why was this moved to PLEBA?

Because it's a topic pertaining to Bono.

EYKIW and PLEBA can be gray areas when it comes to certain topics. We do our best to keep them sorted.

Bonochick said:

Because it's a topic pertaining to Bono.

EYKIW and PLEBA can be gray areas when it comes to certain topics. We do our best to keep them sorted.

I thought PLEBA was mainly about picture threads and EYKIW for talking... :huh:

His voice does sound a little rusty in some of my boots, but I think that is because of the tour and singing so many nights. He sounds great during Miss Sarajevo.

Galeongirl said:

I thought PLEBA was mainly about picture threads and EYKIW for talking... :huh:

As it says in the forum description, yes, PLEBA is primarily for pictures. But it's also for topics pertaining to each individual band member. Like I said...it's obvious that there are some gray areas, and we do our best to keep things organized.

Peterrrrr said:
Just listen to Bonos voice when he talks in the interview in the beginning of the documentary. You can realy hear at this point of time that smoking is starting change his voice to a more hoarse sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ojGy7AjKeE&search=zootv

Unlike some people may claim, yes, he's had a more hoarse voice starting with Zoo TV.

Don't let anyone fool you scratchy and hoarse equals bad singing. On this tour, Bono sounds far better than he did 4 years ago on Elevation and 8 years ago on Popmart.

Re: Re: Smoking transforming

U2girl said:

Unlike some people may claim, yes, he's had a more hoarse voice starting with Zoo TV.

Don't let anyone fool you scratchy and hoarse equals bad singing. On this tour, Bono sounds far better than he did 4 years ago on Elevation and 8 years ago on Popmart.

I agree totally! Bono can reach those high notes effortlessly now whereas he was having genuine problems during the Elevation shows. Just the other day I watched the free concert U2 did by the Brooklyn Bridge in 2004 (for the first time, I might add, after downloading it from U2Torrents) and Bono sang Out of Control and I will Follow with just as much gusto and conviction as he ever did back in the early days! :love:

Also I finally got a recording of U2s Copenhagen gig that I went to (which I'm as we speak uploading onto a save file project to share with everyone here) and Bono, as well as the rest of the band, sound absolutely brilliant!! :D

And I love Bono's speaking voice, soooo soft and hoarse and sexy!! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom