Smoking Onstage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adam always smoked on stage up to popmart , I don't think that I have seen him smoke on Elevation , u2 go home or Vertigo .
:scratch: but I'm not sure ?

Carmelu2fan said:
^I am not tring to be rude but how do you know why Adam stop drinking?

He's said before (can't remember where) that his motivation to keep away from drinking is remembering how bad he felt to miss a concert.

I could swear when Bono introduced Adam in NYC during Elevation that Adam lit up a cig. :confused: Or maybe I thought I saw it. Idunno. :shrug:

That vid! :laugh: I've heard an audio and seen pictures but this is the first I've seen them performing!!!

And no, even Bono doesn't do it for me with smoking. It's just gross. I do remember awhile ago reading about how Ireland passed some pretty strict anti-smoking laws and Bono lit up in the Clarence (lobby, I think - it was indoors) and an employee had to go over to him to tell him to put it out. He handled it politely and all, but wow, I'd hate to have been that employee! :yikes:

:hmm: now talking about it, I think Adam had a ciggy atthe beginning of the Slane dvd... but I'm not entirely sure...

he was chewing gum troughout the show... :lol:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
I could swear when Bono introduced Adam in NYC during Elevation that Adam lit up a cig. :confused: Or maybe I thought I saw it. Idunno. :shrug:

That vid! :laugh: I've heard an audio and seen pictures but this is the first I've seen them performing!!!

And no, even Bono doesn't do it for me with smoking. It's just gross. I do remember awhile ago reading about how Ireland passed some pretty strict anti-smoking laws and Bono lit up in the Clarence (lobby, I think - it was indoors) and an employee had to go over to him to tell him to put it out. He handled it politely and all, but wow, I'd hate to have been that employee! :yikes:

I read somewhere that their employees are allowed and encouraged to speak their minds to them directly without worrying about their jobs.

Besides, reminding the scatterbrained Bono that smoking in public is banned is hardly likely to get an employee in trouble. Everybody knows that man's got a memory like a sieve.

DM: Should we sue tobacco companies for the damage they're doing to us?

AC: I find that a hard argument to endorse. But, I do hate the fact that I still smoke. But that's my next thing: it's how I intend to spend my time unwinding, to stop smoking.

DM: That sounds like a contradiction in terms, there

AC: Well it is a contradiction in terms, but I'll be away from all the environments in which I would smoke quite naturally, like on the road or in a studio, where you smoke a lot because you can; there's a lot of hanging about, killing time. But if we do stop after the American leg, I'm just going to take two/three weeks, and that's what I'll be concentrating on.

(From an August 2001 interview)

Looks like Larry hasn't kicked the smoking habit either...

6230e7fc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom