Smirk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Smirk

Rini said:

A really nice one! Everyone here loves U2!

The smirk, to me, is an infuriating expression that says the smartdonkey thinks better of himself than others, but on Bono it seems to be a vunerable self-consciousness of self-deprecation and a fun-loving devil. Who can resist it? Or him?

According to Bono the smirk is at its worst when he is extremely nervous or scared to death.

Dana

Sinatra.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Smirk

rihannsu said:

According to Bono the smirk is at its worst when he is extremely nervous or scared to death.

Dana

Oooh, so that's the explanation of the smirk when he listens to "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" on that making of dvd.

youvedonewhat said:

...MsPurrl....wherever did you find this one? I'm coming over all unnecessary....:drool: :drool: Bono looks like he's morphing between the Joshua Tree era and today....what a combination...

Thank you...:bow:

I can't remember where I found it, but I'm so glad you like it. I use it occasionally to bedevil a friend who loves Sinatra but doesn't "get" U2. (Lord knows I've tried to "convert" her, with no luck.) :wink:

"I'm sexy and you know it, clap your hands!"
:drool:

(If anyone knows where those lyrics came from...spank yourself.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Smirk

The_Edge89 said:

Oooh, so that's the explanation of the smirk when he listens to "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" on that making of dvd.

I would think so. He seemed to be in a very insecure mode during that whole thing. He was very shy and bashful. Look at his body language throughout. He was very closed in and self-protective in his posture. The more Daniel complimented him the more embarrassed he seemed to be. They are all very good at complimenting each other but tend to react in a very shy and bashful way whenever they are being complimented.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom