Sky Full of Felines: Misheard Lyrics Chap. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
I routinely embarrass myself by making up the words. Last time we had this thread there were claims of everything from "I have smoked with a ton of angels" to "sky full of felines -- BEAUTIFUL DAY!" It was a jolly good time!

1. The other day Julie and I were talking about Running to Stand Still, and she goes "He's saying Holiday, right? Hol-ol-ol-oliday?"

I fell down laughing!! I blow my nose at you, MoonPhisto!
biggrin.gif

2. Mona singing Stuck:
I was in champagne for me it was a fall, it's a long way down to nothing at all!

Brother: Champagne?

lol apparently it's I wasn't JUMPING. Whatever.

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

DREAM OUT LOUD

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing all your little songs that meant every thing to me."~Remy Zero~

"I have smoked with a ton of angels"?????????

OMG, THAT is a good one Mona!!! *snicker, snort, GUFFAW, picks self up off floor*

I do the same thing, but can't recall any right now...the best one I'd ever heard was by my friend Stephanie who took the Cat Stephens' song "Peace Train" and sang "everybody high on the G-string" when the line actually is "everybody jump on the peace train." *SMIRK*

We never let her forget about those G-strings of which she sings...we're good friends that way.
wink.gif

More! More! I love misunderheard lyrics!
smile.gif

In 'Staring at the Sun' I SWEAR he doesn't say "I'm not just deaf and dumb" it sounds like "I'm not just f'ing dumb"

------------------

DREAM OUT LOUD

"Summers when the money was gone you'd sing all your little songs that meant every thing to me."~Remy Zero~

Originally posted by blueeyes:
"Oooh ooh oh the Swedish Thing"

"Like a town needs rain, like SOUPSTAIN...I need your love!"

-Blueeyes

lol! What song is soupstain from?

------------------

DREAM OUT LOUD

Originally posted by blueeyes:
"Oooh ooh oh the Swedish Thing"

-Blueeyes

Where did you get that from???
smile.gif
smile.gif
Is this common that people sing this?

While in line and inside the heart for the shows in Stockholm we actually sang this in choir. A guy had a sign saying on one side "OH OH OH" and then turned it around and it said "the swedish thing". It was a lovely choir and we got to sing it for the radio as well.
Unfortunatly they didn't play Sweetest thing here but the plan was to hold it up and make Bono sing it as well.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

*lmao*!!!

Soup stain...Swedish thing...that's feckin' hilarious!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
Shamu the mysterious whale!
biggrin.gif

That one is still my fav. When I first heard that I couldn't listen to MW without falling into uncontrollable hysterics
biggrin.gif

------------------
Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I routinely embarrass myself by making up the words. Last time we had this thread there were claims of everything from "I have smoked with a ton of angels" to "sky full of felines -- BEAUTIFUL DAY!" It was a jolly good time!

This thread had me in stitches (no pun intended) today. That line "sky full of felines" I laughed so hard I cried off all my eye makeup at work. Just imagining Bono penning those lines...and the visual image of all these cats in the sky (for the video) had me going for hours. Thank you! I was having a bad day before this but WOW...how great this laugh made me feel!

Lol! SHAMU! The mysterious whale aahh..

#5,000,001: IN Daddy's Gonna PayFYCC, "When you see daddy comin, you're lickin your lips" etc. I SWEAR

SWEAR!

it's "When you see Ali comin" As in his wife? Eh.

------------------

DREAM OUT LOUD

What was the misheard lyrics for "large capitol letters"? I tried searching for the 1st thread on this but couldn't find it- this made me laugh so hard!!

OK mine is: During Bullet when Bono got all scary and started screaming "Mark Chapman" when i heard it live i thought he was yelling "Macho man" but i knew the "macho, macho man" song didn't fit so I was
confused.gif

------------------
She got soul, soul, soul, sweet soul
And she teach me how to sing

* U2TakeMeHigher *

Back
Top Bottom