"Sir" Bono and Edge party @ Lillies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
20258-12-t.jpg

20256-12-t.jpg

20253-12-t.jpg

20255-12-t.jpg

Um..Niamh have you been to Lillie's? I've heard it was pretty hard to get into... is that true? Maddaisy, how did you get in?

Niamh, I see that you live in Dublin, have you ever run into Ali, Bono, or the kids anywhere? Id imagine it was a small town that you'd be bound to run into them.

absintheminded said:
Um..Niamh have you been to Lillie's? I've heard it was pretty hard to get into... is that true? Maddaisy, how did you get in?

Niamh, I see that you live in Dublin, have you ever run into Ali, Bono, or the kids anywhere? Id imagine it was a small town that you'd be bound to run into them.

Yes, I´ve been there a couple of times. It´s a nice place but not my kind of place, if you know what I mean. It´s a bit too snob for my taste (although I´m sure most people would disagree with me...lol).

And yup, I have met Bono, Ali and Gavin in town a few times. Actually, the last time I met Gav, Eve was there with him (this was 3 years ago).

You are bound to run into them because, as you said, Dublin is a small place.

we tried to get in Lillies in August and they said it was members only...even though we had been to the Porterhouse a couple of nights before and one of the girls was talking to some guys that said it wasnt entirely exclusive

i guess you have to know the right people or look the part??? lol

nikkyjade said:
we tried to get in Lillies in August and they said it was members only...even though we had been to the Porterhouse a couple of nights before and one of the girls was talking to some guys that said it wasnt entirely exclusive

i guess you have to know the right people or look the part??? lol

Something like that. :lol:

i used to loooove Lillie's when i lived in Dublin for a month during the summer of 2002. my friends and i used to go there at least 3 nights each week. :reject:

i went back there a couple of months ago when i was in Dublin on vacation, and it was not nearly as fun as i'd remembered- there were certainly a LOT more fake tans and blond extensions than there were 4 years ago! still a fun place to dance, though. :wink:

can't wait to see bigger pics! :up:

Last edited:
:yes: just past the McDonald's on Grafton Street, down a little alleyway. they used to take the sign down during the day, and then put it up at night (not sure if they do that anymore, but i always found it a bit sketch!). just look for the burly bouncers wearing all black and earpieces standing out front. :sexywink:

*Ally* said:
:yes: just past the McDonald's on Grafton Street, down a little alleyway. they used to take the sign down during the day, and then put it up at night (not sure if they do that anymore, but i always found it a bit sketch!). just look for the burly bouncers wearing all black and earpieces standing out front. :sexywink:

OMG I was there then! I walked past it. I ran to that McD's to go to the bathroom after walking around all day.

redhotswami said:

OMG I was there then! I walked past it. I ran to that McD's to go to the bathroom after walking around all day.

:up: i definitely went to that Mickey D's a few times, too, when i was feeling homesick for good old "American" cuisine. :wink:

My friend sort of knows one of the bouncers so we use that each time. Also we got Lillies pass when we went once, so use that now.

I love it there :D Great music!

I agree with Niamh, it's definately too snob. Also, very expensive I think our tab was 113 Euro back in 03. But, we had a great time cause we weren't looking to meet anyone, just have a laugh.

I haven't come across any snobber yet... hope I don't, that'll spoil it :(

But it is very expensive :huh: Just need some nice guys to buy drinks and it's ok :flirt: heheheh

Well I got a bit tiny worried when I heard it was uber-exclusive. But now hearing that non-celebrities get in, I'm a bit more relaxed and excited.
My friend just wrote me a little note saying that I look pretty so I'll get in. I mean, I HOPE I look the part. I don't mind the blonde hair, fake nails, and hair extensions bit either.

I'm going to stay in Dublin for about three months next year to help inspire me for my next chapter in my book.

Thanks for the info gals! Hope to run into you sometime!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

To me this looks like Bono and Guggi... any pics of Edge or larger versions of these yet? :huh:

...and thanks for posting Flavia! :D

i'm going over a few times next year.

Hen weekend, another random weekend and I'm staying at the Clarence for my honeymoon in June! woohoooo :D :dance:

hoping to go to lillies for my hen weekend. We shall just have to appear demeur when we walk in :ohmy: *cackles*

Re: Re: "Sir" Bono and Edge party @ Lillies

Merc said:

To me this looks like Bono and Guggi... any pics of Edge or larger versions of these yet? :huh:

...and thanks for posting Flavia! :D

it is guggi :yes: Last time I checked Edge didn't have hair that long :wink:

Back
Top Bottom