Simpsons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
One of my fav programs. I always life in the hope that they?ll show the episode with U2 once more.

So as I was watching the Simpsons last Sunday, what did my poor eyes see???
eek.gif

N-Stink in the Simpsons!!!!!

What have I done to deserve this???

*cries

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

i love the simpsons too!
smile.gif

its a sad thing AM, but yeah they have been on the simpsons too!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

*jiggy* They usually have all the big celebs on. One time Mel Gibson was there
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono

"For the good of the nation ~ you MUST defile Bono" ~Echo
Get on the Boos

Many have I loved
Many times been bitten
Many times I've gazed
Along the open road.

I downloaded audio clips from U2 on the Simpsons awhile ago, and use them for various options on my computer. For instance, when someone IMs me you hear Bono say "What the bloody hell?"
biggrin.gif

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

LMAO Emily! I used to have that! But when someone IMs me it'd say: Woohoo! And when I shut down my comp it'd say: Hi-diddely-ho, neighbor! Homer: Get lost, Flanders. Ned: Okily dokily!

Yeah... I had "my cat's breath smells like catfood" somewhere on there too.
*Simpsons crazy*

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 04-02-2002).]

Originally posted by Lemon Meringue:
I've never seen the U2 Simpsons episode.

Sad, so very sad.
frown.gif

Me neither.
frown.gif
My channels *never* play it.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I have seen the episode with U2. My friend has a camera and we played who's act is it anyways and they sang the part in the garbage man song when U2 sings.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Lemon Meringue:
I've never seen the U2 Simpsons episode.

Sad, so very sad.
frown.gif

U2.com has a clip of it. Check it out
smile.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I saw the episode a long time ago, before I was a fan. It's a great episode. I caught the end of it on tv a couple of months ago. It's the scene in the plane with Adam and his spoons.
biggrin.gif

I don't remember exactly where I got my clips. I just searched for "U2 on the Simpsons clips" at Yahoo. I got them off someone's fan site.

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

My brother has it on his computer.
I can ask him where he got it from or get him to send it to me. It's a must see if you can, hiLarryous!!
U2_056.jpg

U2_058.jpg

------------------
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.

Just as Emily said I searched in Yahoo and found this site http://u2newzooland.orcon.net.nz/simpsons.htm
You could download the clips there and here are the instructions on how you can use it as a sound for the BuddyIn or Buddy Out sound

Sound Library (PC only)
In order to enable sounds for the PC version of AOL, you must download and execute the Buddy Sound Installer found in the Sound Library. The Buddy Sound Installer installs sound events called BuddyIn and BuddyOut onto your machine as well as two coordinating .wav files.
These default .wav files are a door opening and a door closing for when your AOL buddies sign-on and sign-off the service. You can customize your Buddy Lists sounds by selecting these sound events (BuddyIn and BuddyOut) in the Sounds section of your Windows Control Panel and pointing to any .wav file on your local drive. We provide some examples of additional sounds in the Sound Library subdirectory called More Sounds.

Once you download and execute the Buddy Sound Installer, you can control your Preference for whether the sounds play or not by going to the Buddy Preferences form found by clicking on the Preferences button on the Buddy Lists Setup screen.

AOL 3.0 for Macintosh users will receive the default door sounds as .snd files.

Again:
? You must download AND execute the Buddy Sound Installer to use Buddy Sounds. Executing a file means to run the program that's in that file (*.exe), by locating it in the directory you downloaded to and double-clicking on it in. You can use Explorer (for Win 95/98) or Program Manager (for Win 3.1) to do this.

? You must have sounds enabled in the Buddy List Preferences. From your Buddy List, click on Setup, then Preferences and make sure the "play sounds" boxes are checked.

THE FOLLOWING IS ALL I HAD TO DO

? You can customize your Buddy Lists sounds by selecting the sound events (BuddyIn and BuddyOut) in the Sounds section of your Windows Control Panel and pointing to any .wav file on your local drive. Additional wav files can be found in the Buddy List Sound Library. (From your Buddy List, click Setup, then Preferences, then Sound Library, then Buddy List Sound Library).

? You can safely delete any wav file you download which you do not want to keep by locating it on your computer, then choose "File" "Delete"

? All files are scanned for viruses before they are released.

(To use keywords, hold down the Ctrl key on a PC or the Command key on a MAC and press K then type in the keyword. Some helpful keywords are shown below).

You can find additional information at Keyword: Help
Keyword: Computing
Keyword: Music & Sound

For more help on sounds or if you've lost your AOL sounds, please see Keyword: Music & Sound, or visit the Software Search library (Keyword: FILESEARCH) to recover or add additional AOL sounds. Click the Music & Sound box; in the SEARCH box provided, type in 'AOL addons'. This will narrow your search and make it easier for you to find the files you may need or want to add.

Additional Buddy List information can be found under the Help Button in the Buddy List Setup.

------------------
~*~Keep your head up cause a new day's gonna come...Midnight--Oh...she can't sleep she's afraid to dream...My Spanish Rose~*~

Back
Top Bottom