Silly U2-related moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl02

Refugee
I was just listening to Zooropa and it brought back a memory from a few months ago...

I was at a restaurant with my mom, aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins, who are 11 and 8. While the "adults" were deep in conversation, my 11-year-old cousin asks me if I know of any colors that begin with "z" (the conversations we get into, I dunno :shrug: ) So I think about it for a while, and just as I'm about to say that I had no idea, Zooropa popped into my head. So I say "Zooropa" which confuses the crap out of both my cousins, especially when they ask me what color it is and I say "A bluer shade of white" :laugh:

:shifty:

On the way out, they tell their mom about this new color, and now I think they all think I'm crazy haha :angel:

I'm sure other people have had silly U2-related moments, too. Please share! :yes: :wave:

Last edited:
I confused Indian Summer Sky with a b-side... that happened a year ago, more or less :rolleyes:
my sister made fun of me a long time

This is not so much a moment as an ongoing series of events ...

See, my mum at one stage didn't know anything about U2, but she was intrigued with this character called "The Edge" because of his strange name alone. So my sisters and I decided to introduce her, but in one of these silly U2-related moments we stumbled upon a knitted doll instead.

The doll bears an uncanny resemblance to Edge despite being undeniably female. But, we replaced the skirt with some pants, put a beanie on its head and took some of its long hair to create a u-turn type of facial hair. So it became the Edge doll.

And just recently, I discovered an old toy from years ago that happens to be a hedgehog. I couldn't resist the opportunity, so now Edge-doll has a pet - an Edge-hog. And now, whenever we talk abotu U2, my mum knows what it is because she has her Edge! :D

It's always the lemon cakes......and I don't think I need to say more.:wink:

More recently though, while my little cousin was watching the little mermaid, ......i start singing the chorus to ES and she looks at me all confused, and goes to look if the song is on the movie soundtrack....which I thought was such a cute reaction.:cute:

When I told my nephew (who is 32 years younger than I am) that when he got to be a teenager he might not like U2 as much as he does now, he assured me that no matter how old he got U2 would always be THE BEST BAND EVER. I got a bit teary, he was so certain of his undying loyalty at the tender age of eight.

Aww! That's so cute, naj! :cute: Don't you just love how kids that age are so certain of everything?

Bayer, that Little Mermaid story is cute too!! :D

Mmm... ES.... :drool:

najeena said:
When I told my nephew (who is 32 years younger than I am) that when he got to be a teenager he might not like U2 as much as he does now, he assured me that no matter how old he got U2 would always be THE BEST BAND EVER. I got a bit teary, he was so certain of his undying loyalty at the tender age of eight.

Ah, How sweet! My nephew is 25, and is no longer a big fan of U2. :sad:

I was speaking with a friend and in the talk left Edge, i don't memory why, later he went away, to the following moment I spoke to him and I said him "Edge" instead of Miguel ?ngel, he seeing to me with a face of "you're crazy"

and that is the reality, I'm crazy

My dad likes to sing when he's working around the house, and a couple of weeks ago, I was doing something (don't remember what), and out of the blue, I hear him singing MLK! He didn't even know who U2 was (still doesn't), and I was thinking, (Trekkers will appreciate this) "You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile! *zoink*" That was just too cool! And then there was my French final project on Anton Corbijn...got to show U2 music videos! Awesome!

~Adia~

~*Buffalo*~ said:
...so now Edge-doll has a pet - an Edge-hog.
:lmao::lmao:I'm weird, but this cracked be up for 3 min! So cute!

Hmm, U2 related moments...:hmm:.....when I met Phuzzie and we were waiting for rain to stop, we realized it was Edge's bday and started singing Happy Birthday for him. :happy: Then Phuzzie started dancing in the rain singing Lemon again (which she liked to sing :yes: ) and I was like :shifty::ohmy::lol:.

:cute: memories :cute:

Last edited:
really funny thing happen last night, I was flipping through channels trying to find something to watch when I got to Vh1. I stopped for a second to se what show was on, it was Celebrity Pets show and the pet taxi driver had a U2 tshirt on(from Elevation):lol:

I was driving around my town with a friend (she was driving) and Streets came on the radio. I totally spazzed, lol. I blasted the volume and we drove into the parking lot of the high school (school was just getting out) and I was singing at the top of my lungs. Yep, I got more than a few funny looks, but it was just one of those moments when you don't mind acting like an idiot. :laugh:

Last edited:
I know I have many silly U2-related moments, but this is all I can think of now.

Laura, Eep and I were driving to see the Daniel Lanois concert. We passed a street called "Grace" and all three of us started singing the song Grace.

We also came across a restaraunt called Spoon that day that served Thai food.

In Cleveland, we went searching for a restaraunt to eat after seeing Elevation Canada, and we ended up in a neighborhood called "The Edge." We all took pictures of course. :)

3378%3B84323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3237%3E952%3E6%3A8%3Ewsnrcg%3D323249948%3B54%3Anu0mrj

Hi all you PLEBA lovelies!

I dont often post in here but wanted to ask any of you if you would like to share any U2 related moments you've had? Funny, memorable, embarrassing, significant etc. Anything at all? Some of the stories in here are very amusing and I'd like to use some in an article we want write for in the Content forum. Everyone will be credited, unless you wish to remain anon.

If you're interested, please either reply in here or PM me if premium. Or an email to angelaharlem@interference.com would be just as good. Please if you can, state "U2 Moments" in the subject line of using email so I dont delete you by mistake! (spam :scream: lol)

Thanks!

My favorite silly U2 motivated moments:

* J "accidentally" buying 120 minutes worth of the When The Stars Go Blue music video

* seeing Anita running around yelling "Sprocks!" at the Rock Hall

* pretending to be an important person at the PCA headquarters in Louisville with Ellen, Laura, Beth, and Kristie

* Lindsay buying Bono a pair of Nebraska Cornhuskers boxers

* Eep wearing that black fro wig and getting in bed with Ellen

* ^ that pic of Eep and Laura in the fro wigs is pretty damn funny

* Julio at the 1st PLEBA convention

* wearing 5 layers of clothing and having Bono mock me

* that one guy stealing Danno's food from outside of his hotel room at 2am

* the Ho(e) Downs

* the "baguette"

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
My favorite silly U2 motivated moments:

* wearing 5 layers of clothing and having Bono mock me

:bono: Awwww!! Look at you!

:sexywink:

:wave:

~J

*Did actually *accidentally* buy 120 mins. of When The Stars Go Blue, and Perfect Day :reject:

While erised, Dsmith and myself were in Ireland, we got used to having breakfast at this place called Bewley's and almost every day I bought a bottle of "Juice Station" brand juice... which led me to have Zoo Station playing in my head all day long! :laugh:

Well, needless to say, the whole trip had plenty of U2 moments. We went to the "A Celebration" jail (Jenn, if you want to help me out with the name again? :lol: ) and I believe it was mostly me that kept singing "Shake, shake!!!" though I could swear at some point erised did it too and she even did a little dance... :tongue:

rio589 (writes sometimes in this forum) is a very good friend mine

we lived in different cities, he, in a very nice act, cames to see me one day, and were taking a walk in my city when suddenly I began sing I Will Follow in low voice and he began to laugh ... I was singing it in a very bizarre rap version... was very funny

*bump*

Today, I was driving to the store with my dad, and I had a U2 mix tape I made playing in my car. Well, Numb had been playing for a while, and all of a sudden, a fire truck drove by and had its sirens going and they honked the horn a few times. I was behind a big van, so my dad couldn't see the fire truck coming. When it passed us, he looked at me and said, totally seriously, "I thought those sirens were part of the song..." then he started laughing at himself. :eeklaugh:

It was funny when it happened, anyway lol

I was organizing my collection on U2 pictures on my computer one day. The folder was all jumbled and there were a lot pf pictures to organize; it took most of a rainy afternoon.

When I finally finished, I went out to the kitchen to talk to my mom, who was going to a class that night. She asked me, meaning me and my brother, "What do you think you two would want for dinner tonight?"

Since I had spent the entire afternoon looking at U2 pictures, I assumed she meant, what did I think U2 would want for dinner? I was very confused for a minute. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom