Sightings of the Band in Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn....I thought I'd kept him really quiet too......tell ya what though, wearing the police hat worked wonders for getting the Bonosapian into custody.....

:ohmy: I just gave myself away didn't I.

:banghead: Must :banghead: remember :banghead: to :banghead: keep :banghead: mouth :banghead: shut!! :banghead:

:wink:

JCOSTER said:
But did she fly all alone?

Yes.

i just got a PM from her.
they've been lining up since 8.30am Friday morn, and they're all exhausted but dont plan on sleeping at all :)

waynetravis said:

Yes.

i just got a PM from her.
they've been lining up since 8.30am Friday morn, and they're all exhausted but dont plan on sleeping at all :)

Glad she had a good flight though :) She'll get some rest and have a lot of fun :yes:

Maybe jetlag kept them inside and maybe rehearsing also kept them inside...but I agree, strange that there are no pix.

^ yeah!!
Bono's gone into hiding, and hes taken the rest of the band with him, after reading the Bonosapian book. :shifty:

:bono: PLEBAns are here??!!!?! :yikes:

:tsk: Gluey

waynetravis said:

U2 Community Of Fans Camp Out For Concert

KITV, December 08, 2006

Fans started lining up on Thursday afternoon for Saturday night's U2 concert at Aloha Stadium.

The group bought general admission tickets for the field at Aloha Stadium and get no chance of reserving a seat.

The group in line by 9 a.m. spanned more than 100 people long. KITV spoke with the man wearing wristband No. 118.

"There's some guys next to us from Colombia. We're the first people from the islands that are in line," said Sinclair Anderson, of Waimea.

"We got in yesterday. We started traveling from South America on Tuesday," said Jaime Rodriguez, of Bogota, Colombia.

The fans were from all over the world. One couple is in line in Hawaii on their honeymoon from Vancouver, Canada. Most of them have seen each other before, before other U2 concerts in similar lines.

They issue their own wristbands, with their names and numbers recorded in a book by someone -- in this case, by No. 3.

They are serious U2 fans.

KITV asked one fan how many times she has seen U2 in concert.

"Since 'Joshua Tree,' I'd say over 30 times, maybe even 40, 50,"said Cindy Carde, of New York.

The prize goes to fan Donna McClain from Port Hueme, Calif.

"This will be 102," she said.

McClain even has pictures of herself with U2 frontman Bono.

"I met him the first time in 1987, and this one about four years ago," she said flashing her photos.

You may be asking yourself: Do these people have a real life? KITV asked wristband No. 2.

"I've heard of real life, but I'm not sure I've ever been there," Tanya Ensom, of London, said laughing. "No, I work, and obviously you have to save up money to do things like this, but that's not important."

Stadium's become their second home
By Derek Paiva
Advertiser Entertainment Writer

Q. When is a U2 fan more than just an average U2 fan?

A. When the fan camps in a line overnight 48 hours before the band even takes the stage.

That's what dozens of mega-fans of Bono, the Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. began doing Thursday on Salt Lake Boulevard outside Aloha Stadium, awaiting tonight's U2 Vertigo tour finale.

Aloha Stadium Authority officials had said they would allow general admission ticket holders to start lining up outside the venue's turnstiles at 6 p.m. yesterday — a full day before the concert. But that wasn't enough for the most ardent, who began queuing a full day before.

Dozens of fans — many freshly arrived from the Mainland and worldwide — had been milling outside the fence for more than 30 hours before being allowed on the stadium grounds at 6 p.m. yesterday.

Washington, D.C., resident Brad Dier, 24, was the first in the streetside line, having arrived at his spot at 2 p.m. Thursday. Tonight's U2 concert will be Dier's 23rd in the Vertigo tour.

"I would've gone to this if it was Tokyo," said Dier, armed with a chair, sleeping bag and overnight bag.

Asked how he'd passed time since the previous afternoon, Dier laughed and said, "I've been watching the porta-potties blow by in the wind. I think that one's going to go right now."

A group of fans calling themselves the Flagship was near Dier at the head of the line. Their name was taken from the flags they carried with them that represent their home countries — the U.S., Ireland, England and the Netherlands, among others.

Around 4 p.m., about 200 people were in the streetside queue. Javier Vara and Octavio Morcuende, both 29, of Valencia, Spain, were hoping to record the show — their 11th on the tour — for their FM and broadband radio broadcast Radio Manises. They'd done the same in Dublin, Ireland; Rome; Paris; Nice, France; Berlin; Lisbon, Portugal; and all three tour stops in Spain.

Vara and Mocuende planned to pass around 2,000 red balloons they brought with them to fans on the field to blow up today.

"We want the big red wave to be in Hawai'i as it was in Spain," Morcuende said.

Near 6 p.m., the fans waiting in line were told by security guard Eddie Spiezio that upon entering, they would have to line up in a far corner of the lot for a couple of hours while the band did a full sound check.

Closer to the stadium, a blast of sound escaped the venue as U2 ran through "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," "Vertigo" and other hits.

Across the parking lot, the megafans cheered loudly. Only 23 hours left to get in.

A group of fans calling themselves the Flagship was near Dier at the head of the line. Their name was taken from the flags they carried with them that represent their home countries — the U.S., Ireland, England and the Netherlands, among others.

Omg the Boston Flagship :love:

I wonder who's gonna be pulled up this time.... Some people who've been up already are gonna be there.... :hmm:

so are U2 sleeping in the stadium too :lol:
im really suprised that there aren't any pics of them leaving the hotels and stuff like the Aussie shows. :hmm:

Miringeltje said:

You may be asking yourself: Do these people have a real life? KITV asked wristband No. 2.

"I've heard of real life, but I'm not sure I've ever been there," Tanya Ensom, of London, said laughing. "No, I work, and obviously you have to save up money to do things like this, but that's not important."

UKTan!!! :applaud:

mishka

waynetravis said:

More like that's what B christened us with! Hell yeeeeah :D

Represent!!! :love: :hyper:

mishka
A proud Flagshipper!

BEVERLY56 said:
WAAAAH, WAAAAH, I WANNA GO!!!

:scream: :scream: :mad:

(throws herself on ground, kicking and screaming)

I feel ya BEVERLY56, I've been all good with it but getting reports from the frontlines it's all starting to sink in. I could've re-ticketed yesterday for feck's sake!

:breathe:

mishka

waynetravis said:
^ yeah!!
Bono's gone into hiding, and hes taken the rest of the band with him, after reading the Bonosapian book. :shifty:

:bono: PLEBAns are here??!!!?! :yikes:

:tsk: Gluey

:tongue:

:lol:

:sexywink: You know you love me......

It's ok, I haven't had a restraining order sent to me yet.....he can't be that scared of us Plebans :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom