Sightings of the Band in Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
By the way, I don't know if the PLEBAns ventured out to catch this in another thread. Not only do you get Maddy, but you get Bono butt :sexywink:

LittleGirl1.jpg
:wink:

:drool:

Can't see a maddy

:drool: guh...

BD, partying TILL TEN IN THE MORNING??? :shocked: Damn, Bono really does not sleep! :laugh:

MOst Irish oflks are teeny little things. It's wierd. I wanna see U2! :cry: Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

Babydoll said:
Bono isn't in Hawaii anymore, he left this morning. We met John again today and asked him again. :reject:

He said that he was up partying till 10 o' clock this morning and "got about an hour of sleep." He left Honolulu for Dublin today.

I miss him! :giggle:

About to post my Larry sighting in the Band Meetings thread....:shifty:

Hurrah!!!

Bono back in Dublin just hope he stays there until New Years Eve!!:wink:

Congrats on your sightings!

Uh, Billie Joe's hair... :ohmy:
And that's a beard...
Uhm, me like...:drool:

Wait a minute, I don't like BJ! Never :|

:uhoh:

LostAtMoon said:
Congratulations to you girls. This must have been a surreal experience to you all.

I just found this picture on JCMB Flickr’s account http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcmb/320754617. So Bono was in the audience and he’s talking to our Kelly Ahern, or am I imagining things?:ohmy:

if you stare at that photo for a few seconds, the big chin (or the small head) meld into the B man.

LostAtMoon said:
Congratulations to you girls. This must have been a surreal experience to you all.

I just found this picture on JCMB Flickr’s account http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcmb/320754617. So Bono was in the audience and he’s talking to our Kelly Ahern, or am I imagining things?:ohmy:

U2Hawaii.jpg

I don't get why guys do this? The trying to look like Bono thing at U2 concerts?:huh: Someone explain this to me ....

^ there was a guy who was standing next to me but in the aisle, I had the last seat in the 1st behind the stage and he was wearing the denim shirt, cowboy hat and the glasses and everynow and then he would try to get infront of me when Bono came around....I was like ahhhh no way, don't you be pushing me aside buddy!!!:mad:

I think redhotswami took a pic with the impersonator as well. I think if you catch him at the right angle, he does look very similar to the real thing. Child.

And Beverly56, you get one of these :madwife:
:wink:

Or just for the attention in general....

If you dress up like Bono at a performance with your tribute band, fine, but don't do it offstage :tsk:

its just like going to a Sci-Fi event and seeing people dressed as popular sci-fi characters.
he probably just wanted to have some fun and entertain the crowds in line while they waited to go in.

nothing wrong with that :shrug:
he wasn't getting paid to be there as Bono. he was just there to enjoy the show like everyone else.
there was also an Edge look alike too.

from what i heard, if its the same guy Babydoll told me about, there was loads of people getting their photos with him.
i even told her to have her photo taken with him :lol:

U2isthebest said:
It''s Kaf, Carmel, and Zee!!!!!! Holy Crap!! from the Honolulu newspaper..
AKafCarmelZee.jpg

:drool: :combust: :hyper: :dancing:

Ah ha ha ha!! I saw this in the newpaper the next day!! I had to get it ..I was on the other side of the rail on Adams side almost across from the girls !!

I just arrived back from Hawaii..((we just couldnt leave the island))

IT WAS AN AMAZING SHOW!!!..I have pics to post one I download them!!

kafrun said:
Just got back from the boys' hotel. We were pretty sure that we were too late to spot them, so we decided to head out after a bit, but Babydoll suggested we go inside and look around. We went in through the lounge and decided to go out and check the view from the balcony. It's a gorgeous hotel with a gorgeous view, naturally. We were all leaning on the rail, watching the palm trees sway in the breeze as the sun was going down. I looked around and looked just to my left and froze when I saw John Sampson looking back at me from just a few feet away :eek: I quickly looked away and tried to very quietly let them know that he was over there. Carmel decided to go over talk to him. We knew that if John was there, Bono would still be around somewhere. All this time we were trying to look casual and calm :lol: She came back a moment later and said "He's over there!!" Kaf and Babydoll: :shocked: John was very friendly and said that Bono was having a meeting, but he would let him know afterwards that we just wanted to say 'hi'. We decided to sit down and order a drink while we waited, all the while with Bono just a few feet away from us, smoking and chatting away :faint: I glanced over several times, but it was getting too dark and I was looking too quickly to figure out where he was sitting. Finally I looked over just long enough to spot him -shadeless, blue shirt, scruffy :drool: We could smell his smoke too and giggled over that - OMG, fangirl moment :p After maybe half an hour they all got up and walked towards us to walk out the door, but Bono slowed down just long enough to smile and wave before he walked out. Well, we waited about two hours, sipping out wine, but he didn't come back. Either they forgot or something just came up. It happens. Slightly disappointed, but we really can't complain because we did get to see him and hang out by him. We were very good and very well behaved :D Hopefully John will remember us and our good behaviour next time :wink:

That is the report for now

We got a tip when they were arriving to the rehersal the night before...when we got to the place a "really mean security" runined for us..we only got to see the cars drive by first with Adam and Larry Adam looked our way cause we shouted the car stopped he waved before entering..thats when we relaized Larry was in the same car but we couldnt get close enoght to talk or take a good pic...
we hung around a few more minutes and Edge arrived then Bono ..Bono didnt hear us but Edge did his window was down and he waved at us...the pic I took was too blurry..Other than that we had rail and we were just mere feet apart from out idols!!:D:up:

Galeongirl said:
:cute: anybody else noticed how fuzzy Bono's hair is in the Hawaii pics?

my hair was frizzed out too in hawaii:lmao: we were all a bunch of u2 fuzz heads.

btw...Kaf which hotel was it? If it was near me I'm going to die.

Bono stayed in the Royal Hawaiian according to some ppl here... so I assume the rest of the band too..

Last edited:
Babydoll said:
Bono isn't in Hawaii anymore, he left this morning. We met John again today and asked him again. :reject:

He said that he was up partying till 10 o' clock this morning and "got about an hour of sleep." He left Honolulu for Dublin today.

I miss him! :giggle:

About to post my Larry sighting in the Band Meetings thread....:shifty:
John :love: He was so sweet to us. He didn't have to apologize for Bono not having a chance to stop the night before and he didn't have to tell us all about what he'd been up to. He is very soft spoken and very warm and sincere :heart: Love the guy!

Galeongirl said:
Bono stayed in the Royal Hawaiian :nerd: so I assume the rest of the band too..
Nope! He was spotted there, so he may just have been visiting.

In fact.. :hmm: *googles* Ooh yes, the pink hotel. That was *right next* to our hotel and Eddie Vedder was staying there. Carmel and I spotted him on the beach one afternoon even. But yeah, if Bono had been staying at the hotel next to us, we would've known :crazy::lol: As would the billons of other U2 fans staying at our hotel and at the hotels all along that strip.

kafrun said:

John :love: He was so sweet to us. He didn't have to apologize for Bono not having a chance to stop the night before and he didn't have to tell us all about what he'd been up to. He is very soft spoken and very warm and sincere :heart: Love the guy!

John is the best...:up:

Back
Top Bottom