Sighting: my moment in france

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greety

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hey y'all, guess who's back :wave:

Well, first off, i wasn't so lucky as Hannelore (amelie) was but still I'm quite pleased !
We were having our vacation in the south of France for the fourth time and last tuesday (august 3rd) we made the trip out to Eze although it was very hot in the car (no airco:crazy: )
We also went there 2 years ago (early august, a few weeks before the ES video shooting) but i only saw Ali back then and some of the kids.

Anyhow, this time I didn't think we'd get any luckier with Bono being in the States the previous week.
Shortly after we got there i spotted Ali talking with a few women who were sunbathing by the pool (so not on the beach!). there were kids playing around in the pool, I think on of them was John since Ali put his swimming-arm thingies on. The other boy was too small to be Eli though. Ali went in and out of the house a couple of times and then she suddenly wore a beige hat of cloth.

Time went by and i looked up regularly but nothing much happened.
At a certain moment, my husband went back into the water and I figured i'd take a piccie of him just like Bono was in the water during the making of Electrical storm. (you know when he was saying " carry on amongst yourselves, never you mind me" :cool: )
So i took the pics and i just wanted to put the camara away when hubbie called me. i looked at him and he nodded towards the house.

I looked up and I thought he saw Ali again, I came closer and i saw a hat.
I still thought it was Ali but then I noticed it was a familiar straw hat :hyper: I coulcn't believe it, it seemed so unreal;

:wave: Welcome back greety! :hug:

greety said:
...but then I noticed it was a familiar straw hat :hyper: I coulcn't believe it, it seemed so unreal;

:hyper:

Congrats on your Ali/John/strawhat/Bono(? - did you actually see more than the hat?)-sighting! :D

Hope you had some wonderful days in Ez?!

hi i'm so happy that you had your own special moment!!
i know, it is so unreal being in the same area as bono...

I'm sorry about this mess! yesterday when I tried to post this I wasn't able to so I cut it in half and saved both parts and i figured I'd try again today.

So I had no idea I had actually posted the first part :huh: but a few personal mails made me suspicious.
So I'll post the second part as i've saved it

so here it is

My daughter came immediatly near me and we both stood there looking up to that balcony. there he was talking to those ladies, eating a peach.
We just stood there but i still had that camera in my hands and I didn't know whether I could or couldn't take a pic; it seemed intruding so I hesitated.
He must have felt he was being watched because a few seconds later he turned his head a bit and he looked straight at us :combust: We were like a couple of little girls, saying hey he sees us and then....... he waved at us!! HE WAVED AT US , JUST US. :dance: :cute:
We couldn't believe this was happening . I didn't know if he had seen my camera but now at least he knew we were there and so i did hit the button. Unfortunatly he had just turned around to leave so i only got his backside:sad:
But it's kinda nice to know I took that pic, you know it's mine. :yes:

I thought maybe he'll come down in awhile when there isn's too much crowd on the beach but we stayed for some time untill the weather changed. The sun was gone so it didn't make much sence to stay on, so we left at 5.30 pm. By now it even started raining so i don't think he came out after that;

I think he was still working. I never saw anyone else from the band but i did notice they constructed a new wooden building at the back of the estate, along the railway(it wasn't there 2 years ago). i think that might be a studio so maybe he is doing vocal recordings over there.

There were other people there who took pictures of the house and I even saw a man walk along the whole distance, looking up and through the windows in the wall, very obvious.
:huh:
But that was well after we had our moment!
I'll post the pics later, when they are on the pc.

At first, I was a bit disappointed that we didn't actually meet him but now i'm gratefull and happy with what we did have, however brief it was. And that is a moment that I'll never forget, especially the wave (not high in the air, but just in front of his abdomen)

So there it is, I just wanted to share it with you all

and btw i've missed you all:hug:

Cool, so you did get to see more then a hat! I'm glad you had a great time and it's great to have you back.

And, I for one, have missed seeing you around! :wave:

Talk about keeping you in suspence:tongue:

Here's my piccie of the famous backside we all know

Besse2004nr101.jpg

Much better then my "I've never seen him except in pictures and on TV" encounters. :lol:

Maybe that's a good thing. I'd be so nervous, I'd puke on his shoes or something equally unattractive.

Do you want more pictures?,

I have a few more of the house and the beach.

And one at the entrance of the estate.
It's a different kind of gate than the one in Dublin, but you can't see all that much.

Besse2004nr113.jpg

Funny thing though: on the right there were 2 buzzers/ bellsknobs and the text said in french and english " ring the bell only once" , very tempting :reject:

And no, I didn't do it:shame:

Here is another pic of the beach and the estate (a glimpse of the yellow house)

Besse2004nr109.jpg

Sorry these pics are so big.
The u2 domain goes all the way to that second bow in the wall. and where I was standing I wasn't at the red house yet so it runs along quite a lot at the other end

Here you go

Besse2004nr107.jpg

So i was sort of standing in the middle.
I hope you don't think i'm too revealing but everyone has seen the red house by now i think and the other isn't visible, so.
I don't want to be intruding in their privacy but I didn't take a pic of anybody else but Bono .

I did see Jordan again, walking hand in hand with Edge's 3rd daughter (Blue?), just like 2 years ago. So :cute:

:wink: Thank u greety! Ah, well consider it a taste of the best to come!:drool: AT least you have the memory of Bono waving at you! And you do make France a service! I sure would like to visit.ahem*, with/or without certain vacationers! ha=lol! thanks again for sharing!

So you did get to see more than the famous straw hat! :laugh:

Bono waving just at you - lucky girl! And a pic of Bono's backside is not the worst thing you can have... :wink:

Thanks for the other pics of the beach and the houses - I really like the red one (Bono's I think? - and Edge own the yellow?). It looks beautiful - I wouldn't mind having a house like that...

greety said:
and btw i've missed you all:hug:

Missed you too :yes: :hug: Welcome back! :wave:

hey Greety :wave:
Really great story greety
I am really happy for you that you saw him :) :hug:

ps I've got your mail

wooouah Greta !

Your holidays sound fantastic ! Your pics are great. I'm so happy for you ! :hug:

I missed you a lot ! But now you're back, let's go back to testje ! :hyper:

Marie

Back
Top Bottom